• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hoods and trade

Ludicrous

Private
Reaching out to see whether other players find the current hood configuration a throttle on trades and progress in the game. Our observations are that the number and variety of trades have dwindled substantially, causing blocks to progress in the game. Even lower level players are commenting that they cannot now get the goods they need. This is from a TE player with 4m + points:

"Anybody know why trading is so slow these days? I always offer good rates of 100 newer age goods for 150 older age goods yet I struggle to get takers. Any idea what more I can do?"​

By aligning a player's hood to the player's game age, the variety of trades (i.e. trades from ages other than the one you are in) is much reduced. Whilst to some extent protecting players in lower ages from being attacked by those in higher ages, it also restricts lower age players' access to goods (via higher age players as well as directly). Now that it is possible to buy a 24hr city shield in the tavern, perhaps it is time to re-evaluate the way that the hoods were reconfigured to be age-restrictive. Perhaps that protection is now throttling the game.

Would you like to see the old hoods (mixed ages) restored to free up trading?

dimondus

Captain
I'd love to see global market but on the serious note, I never experience trading problems or delays of more than 3-4 days (currently in AF)
An all ages guild and friend list works wonders for trade
And that is very true. A couple of good high level buddies can solve all your goods problems.

Ok ridiculous question on my part- but it never came up before- The Market is only your own hood? Always seemed to be plenty in it- just don't like paying the FP for what I am looking for--so use my own buildings, Guild and friends for the most part, and plan ahead for what I need. I can see why it would be only hood, seriously be too many to have it be the whole world...

dimondus

Captain
Ok ridiculous question on my part- but it never came up before- The Market is only your own hood? Always seemed to be plenty in it- just don't like paying the FP for what I am looking for--so use my own buildings, Guild and friends for the most part, and plan ahead for what I need. I can see why it would be only hood, seriously be too many to have it be the whole world...
When hoodie offers 200 goods or higher for the goods I need I'm willing to pay 1fp. Recently I got a couple trades 500 for 1000 in my hood. Of course it should be a "fair" trade offer.

DeletedUser112892

No, the offer you post on Market is just visible to your neighbors, friends and guildmates (there is also guild market where your offers are only visible to your guildmates and is mostly used for unfair trades).

vikingraider

Emperor

It was a long time before I realised it was only FL/guild and your own hood for trades

DeletedUser112892

At present I have 71 pages of guild trades and 146 pages of open market trades. I shudder to think what a whole world market would look like. lol
I don't even count, but most irritating fact is that there are lot of unfair trades.

DeletedUser99692

@DarkUros222 Aren't you the one that said " (there is also guild market where your offers are only visible to your guildmates and is mostly used for unfair trades)." If my Guild Market was mostly used for unfair trades there would be skin and hair flying followed by several empty spaces on the rosta.

DeletedUser112892

@DarkUros222 Aren't you the one that said " (there is also guild market where your offers are only visible to your guildmates and is mostly used for unfair trades)." If my Guild Market was mostly used for unfair trades there would be skin and hair flying followed by several empty spaces on the rosta.
Yes, and I was talking about how it irritates me to see unfair trades on regular, open market, not guild market. For guildmates I will always accept unfair trade if I can :)

DeletedUser112892

The things that should be done there are:
1. Add help checkbox for fair trade when creating offer, same as one on the mobile app.
2. As real fair trade is only when gap between ages of offering-cost goods is just one thing that should be done is, when you check fair trade box, you should be able to trade 2:1 only for ONE age higher goods, or 1:2 for one age lower goods.

dimondus

Captain
At present I have 71 pages of guild trades and 146 pages of open market trades. I shudder to think what a whole world market would look like. lol
Does it really matter how many pages on the market if I can filter it by goods I offer and want? And if I get what I want spending less time I don't care if there is 100 ot 1000 pages, right?

dimondus

Captain
sure..... as long as it's not a 1,000 pages of 2 goods for 2 goods :lol:
I can create that myself no problem :)
Honestly, I wish this game had global market. Then it doesn't need "fair" trades, ratios and other crap. From 1000 pages I'd choose offer I like because I'd have a choice to do so and not forced by the lack of offers. With global market traders could get a lot of "free" goods if they act smart.