• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hood Change Total BS

PromethiusTM

Corporal
Ok so hood change this morning in Parkog my hood players 1-10 are pretty Much PE, I am HMA

Player #1 625,312 Points in PE
Myself #53 38,550 Points in HMA

Sends a Ticket in to get a Manual Move which i have done before and ummm no can do not enough players WTF there where enough in my Last hood so it should still balance itself yet alone the fact more players have joined in the last 2 Weeks so come on guys sort this BS out please.

Algorithm is supposed to drop you 1 era in between not 4 Eras

Dead-Eye

General
You think you got it bad? I just went through the first 20 in my hood and all but 3 had double spear dudes or similar. Nothing worth taking either.

Everyone in my hood this time is in Progressive. However, some to many, just barely, as the TH is PE but everything else much lower. Point wise spread difference top/bottom over 5 million points. Now top people are not huge points but 5M vs 300K is a lot. Many likely moved through tech tree fast, and Map, as I did early on. It really is a mess. Wish there was something that could be done, but not sure the capability is there.

Agent327

Overlord
Everyone in my hood this time is in Progressive. However, some to many, just barely, as the TH is PE but everything else much lower. Point wise spread difference top/bottom over 5 million points. Now top people are not huge points but 5M vs 300K is a lot. Many likely moved through tech tree fast, and Map, as I did early on. It really is a mess. Wish there was something that could be done, but not sure the capability is there.

How many times does it have to be mentioned that points have absolutely nothing to do with the neighbourhood you are in?

Look up how a neighbourhoods atre made, so you actually know what you are talking about when you complain!

PromethiusTM

Corporal
Nope it dosn't but it is Clear you are not supposed to be in a Hood 4 Eras Above your Own!!!!!

In 5+ years playing i have Only Ever seen 2 Eras Above (when i was FE, players where in AF as they entered my Hood and Immediately moved to OF) which is perfectly acceptable, however Being Shoved in a Hood where i am HMA and the first 10+ Players are PE is totally Unacceptable

How many times does it have to be mentioned that points have absolutely nothing to do with the neighbourhood you are in?

Look up how a neighbourhoods atre made, so you actually know what you are talking about when you complain!

True, points have little to do with Hoods vs Era. However, they tell you a lot about how someone has built their city, GBs, PVP, and more. If the bottom in points only have PE TH and the rest looks more like EMA, and they are fighting with 2 spearchuckers, then I can make assumptions about others with low points. My assumptions are based on past experience with this setup, and the the amount of points players have compared to others in same era and/ same hood.

My discussion was related to the ability of players with lower points relative to those with higher points. Generally it is a huge gap, and so bottom is easily beaten for PvP points (yes I know you get fewer) because they are weak and also get plundered of their meager goods if they aren’t careful, Which is relatively worse for them than players with more resources and better planning.

DeletedUser111359

...however Being Shoved in a Hood where i am HMA and the first 10+ Players are PE is totally Unacceptable

Pretty sure you're going to have to accept it. And so what, anyhow? Are you really throwing a tantrum that you can't beat up on everyone in your neighborhood with impunity? You're not always going to be the biggest dog, unless you get to #1 overall.

PromethiusTM

Corporal
SirFrancis i am not having a Tantrum read in context correctly or don't comment at all, HMA vs PE come on think about it ? its not about winning or loosing its the "Fact ! that the Specifics of how the Hood Changes and when it was Introduced was clear how it would and should work era above or below simple....

It hasn't worked on many occasions and a Manual Hood move is and has been approved so it needs to be sorted simple as that.

PromethiusTM

Corporal
Just an FYI found a ticket from last year:

In the announcement about the new merging system, it is stated clearly, that there will be mixed hoods on all worlds. Mixed hood means 2 ages are in it. That is the case in your hood. There was never any guarantee that you will always end in a 1 age hood.

Kind Regards,

InGame Moderator
Forge of Empires - International (EN)

DeletedUser111359

It hasn't worked on many occasions and a Manual Hood move is and has been approved so it needs to be sorted simple as that.

I'm not sure why you seem to think that anything needs to "be sorted" and why you think that you're owed neighbors that are your tech level or one adjacent.

Agent327

Overlord
True, points have little to do with Hoods vs Era. However, they tell you a lot about how someone has built their city, GBs, PVP, and more. If the bottom in points only have PE TH and the rest looks more like EMA, and they are fighting with 2 spearchuckers, then I can make assumptions about others with low points. My assumptions are based on past experience with this setup, and the the amount of points players have compared to others in same era and/ same hood.

Points do not tell you anything. If you want to know how someone built his city you need to have a look at it. You can not deduct it from the points they have. If you fight a lot you have a lot of points and still you can have a city with poor buildings and poor defense.

Emberguard

Legend
Part of the problem is you're in a new world. Barely teething. So the gap would be more noticeable if there are those that have skyrocketed in improving their cities compared to others Most you can do is either
(A) age sit and build yourself up before moving on
(B) smash your way ahead and catch up to those PE peeps

There is bound to be those that can't be placed in a balanced hood because they're too far ahead of those on the bottom and not close enough to those at the top. Same thing happens in all areas of life.

You're at this inbetween stage where you're at a vital stage of improvement because it's at a peak instead of a plateau

Re-evaluate your situation, look at what you need to improve your situation and do it. Can you put a siege up? Do you need to focus on aiding instead of plundering? Are there GBs you need to hunt? Does your city need re-arranging?

Points do not tell you anything. If you want to know how someone built his city you need to have a look at it. You can not deduct it from the points they have. If you fight a lot you have a lot of points and still you can have a city with poor buildings and poor defense.

I will concede some “points” on your argument. I always look at the city, after an initial battle, win or lose, to learn why I was able to win or why I lost, why their defense is so poor or what made it outstanding, what GB they have that may have made a difference, what they have that contributed to a good offense or defense in general- or lack thereof. Same with video of being attacked.

I do tend to make generalities and have found that most of the time it holds true. There are always exceptions, but in the general scheme, it works well. Players on top of the heap, have in general, better defense and usually as good as or better troops. The AI may play them stupid which is to my advantage or theirs when they retaliate. Just fighting a lot may give some points, but not smart unless you win, which I think gives the winner more points. The better planners, better troops, better buildings , and to a point the fighters, generally have more points.

There are always exceptions, hence people who buy troops, win and have points, And may be in the higher percentage. And there are those who have successful but peaceful city and rarely do much fighting, unless GE.

And to bring it back to topic- as was said, some get stuck in hoods where they are at the bottom and very unbalanced and FOE said this could happen at times. Should balance out with next change- hopefully.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
I will concede some “points” on your argument. I always look at the city, after an initial battle, win or lose, to learn why I was able to win or why I lost, why their defense is so poor or what made it outstanding, what GB they have that may have made a difference, what they have that contributed to a good offense or defense in general- or lack thereof. Same with video of being attacked.

SDmart thing is to laak at it before you gfight and not make your assumption based on points.

I do tend to make generalities and have found that most of the time it holds true. There are always exceptions, but in the general scheme, it works well. Players on top of the heap, have in general, better defense and usually as good as or better troops. The AI may play them stupid which is to my advantage or theirs when they retaliate. Just fighting a lot may give some points, but not smart unless you win, which I think gives the winner more points. The better planners, better troops, better buildings , and to a point the fighters, generally have more points.

Players that fight a lot do that by fighting arranged fights. They win all the time, have little losses and score a lot of points.

There are always exceptions, hence people who buy troops, win and have points, And may be in the higher percentage. And there are those who have successful but peaceful city and rarely do much fighting, unless GE.[/quiote]

How do you buy troops?

And to bring it back to topic- as was said, some get stuck in hoods where they are at the bottom and very unbalanced and FOE said this could happen at times. Should balance out with next change- hopefully.

There is always someone at the bottom.

SDmart thing is to laak at it before you gfight and not make your assumption based on points.
Players that fight a lot do that by fighting arranged fights. They win all the time, have little losses and score a lot of points.

True, that would be best, but there is always surrender if it just won't work- and it saves time. I fight for medals, points have just been a bonus, actually. I have decent defense so not plundered or beaten at home often, especially considering I am pretty much a noob here. I do have good mentors with good advice.

On my tablet , I get offered military packs to buy all the time as well as the diamonds- not sure the level- of the troops not the diamonds- I have never bought any. If it didn't match your age, would be pretty useless. Come to think of it- not sure I have ever seen that pop up on PC.

[Quote:"There is always someone at the bottom."]

Yeah, that is pretty much life, anywhere, everywhere. You are either the one doing the eating, or the one being eaten- for real or metaphorically.

Hitting "Reply" only got a part of your quotes--

Curious what you are meaning by "arranged fights" - GvG, GE, scouting better- or something else.

Agent327

Overlord
On my tablet , I get offered military packs to buy all the time as well as the diamonds- not sure the level- of the troops not the diamonds- I have never bought any. If it didn't match your age, would be pretty useless. Come to think of it- not sure I have ever seen that pop up on PC.

That's a one time offer you get every era and on the PC as well. Once you accept it you will not get it again.

Curious what you are meaning by "arranged fights".

Fights where players agree on what to attack and defend with, before the fight. Happens in PvP and GvG.

That's a one time offer you get every era and on the PC as well. Once you accept it you will not get it again.

Have never accepted, but in thinking about it, comes up on my PC as well as tablet, mostly when they trying to entice to buy diamonds, as well as other things you can get with your $$ . Not sure if that has been every era- but "seems" more often, since I am not moving through the eras that fast.

There must be a lot of players relying on that, and always healing, or on rewards, or GE. They have no military buildings at all but many have decent troops of the Era common in the hood. A player told me they always buy their troops, want other buildings in the space, after I inquired how they managed without the buildings. And yes for some- they have Traz, and build war machinery as needed to bulk up, then sell, wash, repeat as necessary.

Haven't done GvG as yet, but it is in the plan. Finding it difficult to picture- as it is far removed from any other guild fighting games I have participated in.

Agent327

Overlord
If you look at the icons on the right of your screen on the PC, you can see a lot of times there is a "sale" icon.

Players do not rely on it. You can only buy a few units and you can only do it once. Players get their units from GE.

If you look at the icons on the right of your screen on the PC, you can see a lot of times there is a "sale" icon.

Players do not rely on it. You can only buy a few units and you can only do it once. Players get their units from GE.

Since I haven't used it myself, I have no knowledge of what is offered. Just restating what I was told by player that apparently did. Do the offers keep pace as you move up in age? Otherwise pretty worthless anyway. And only once- ever? I see the icons for that and other "offers" often. As often as they offer it- seems chintzy if they never do again. And missing out on a money maker.