• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Holding/Storage Area

DeletedUser96901

that are sidekick rewards to the graveyard
they don't get upgrades

DeletedUser110673

Proposal: A Button that can remove everything from your village so u can rearrange it. The buildings , roads etc. goes to a bar on the bottom of the screen and u can start place them where u want.Can't leave the mode before u place them all , if u leave the mode before u place everything the village goes back as it was before or u can save 2-3 different village setups.

Reason: It's hard and annoying to rearrange your village when u are low on free space.
Details: I have no specific details or visual aids to offer, I'm afraid.

Visual Aids: N/A

Balance: N/A
Abuse Prevention: Nothing to abuse

Summary: As proposed above, the idea is open to comments and suggestions and for the community to flesh out!

DeletedUser103052

I recall this idea (Or something similar) being suggested before. The reasons given that this wouldn't happen are that the game is about space management, and rearranging your city is a part of that. With the introduction of the 'store building' function, hopefully some of this difficulty will be alleviated.
But anyway, this idea falls into the category of making the game easier, therefore I must give it a;

DeletedUser110195

I don't see how this would make the game easier, just save time by not needing enough unused space to shift things around. I'm okay with playing puzzle master, re-arranging the city as things are now, but I also wouldn't mind having this option. +1

Vesiger

Monarch
This would definitely make the game much easier - half the problem with improving your city layout is having to delete and rebuild stuff in order to make room for other stuff to move.

DeletedUser12400

The concept of a holding area for redesigning your city is already an idea that the devs are not going to consider. The rearranging of your city is a strategic element of the game - and is meant to be a challenge. That's why this idea is on the 'Do not suggest' list. Its part of the point of the game is the intelligent, forward thinking design of your city layout. Rearranging buildings is already pretty easy as long as you give it some thought and plan ahead with space. Also you can temporarily get rid of a building by selling it and then buying it again; this just means the move costs you something. In another similar game, there was a cost to moving any building to a new position, which balanced out against the ability to rotate the buildings. There was no 'holding area' either - you had to either move or sell the building, and plan space accordingly. I think if you had to pay for each move, it might cost you more than the current set up.

DeletedUser110952

I think it would be nice to have a space say 4X4 to temp. put building when rearranging buildings
Make it either cost or have a time limit .
If you go over time you lose building.
That way one cannot hide a building there

DeletedUser103370

That depends on how you interpret the current building scheme. Many thinks it's part of the strategy aspect, so that you arrange smartly, which includes saving space as much as you need for rearrangement. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with what you propose, though I never really needed extra space for this, as I usually have some.

DeletedUser103052

As stated above, this falls into the 'Do Not Suggest' category.

The reason for this is that space management is a core aspect of the game, and thus it will likely never be altered in any way, and if it is, it will because Inno will it, not the players. Whilst this may seem like a change you would like, making the game easier also tends to make it less enjoyable.

DeletedUser110994

Recently my town has become very cramped and I'm finding it extremely difficult to arrange it, so I started looking around all the different tabs searching for some sort of storage area where I would be able to place my already constructed d buildings and make it easier to make my town the way I want it, It is clear there isn't one so I was thinking this could be a good idea to implement it it to your game and it will greatly improve the gameplay as it will allow the users to try out different setups with ease until they find one they are happy with, an Idea for the house and citizens of your town would be when the house is place in storage you loose X amount of citizens that will give and you would only be able to place a house in storage if you place another building that citizens work in freeing them up and allowing you to place the house in storage. Just an idea but I do hope you implement it in to the game, Please let me know what you think of the Idea and thank you for taking the time to read my message.

DeletedUser110195

This is a do-not-suggest topic, it's been brought up before and there was even one posted the same day as this. When you get an idea in your head, do a quick search of the forums for similar ideas, and support existing ideas if they're close enough to what you want rather than post a new thread.

You should also put ideas in the proper format, you can find that as a sticky thread in ideas.