• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Vincent Van Gogh

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

This thread is for discussing our next upcoming Historical Questline, Vincent Van Gogh!

Check out the details as well as a link to the Wiki for further info on the prize here.

Thanks!
Richard & Team

DeletedUser110927

Seriously, another event a week after the last one has finished?! And yet another one with a mandatory province acquisition, a week after the last one! Some people are not going to be able to conquer provinces so close together, the quests come so close that you give us no chance to prepare our cities. I also see that 'recruit units of your age' is mandatory which I will not be able to achieve as I am in the Oceanic Age, have not yet unlocked any military buildings and will not do for some time given how long it takes to unlock technologies. So much for that quest.

You have TOO MANY events TOO CLOSE together.

DeletedUser111866

With so many events my cities will be devoid of normal citizens pretty soon, there will be only historical characters of all ages roaming them.

About gain province quest - maybe will do one this time, as Van Gogh is kinda more sympathetic for me than Cleopatra. These quests are aimed to make people stop sitting in their current era and/or wreck CA era campers into locking their recurring quest slot into a bonus quest that you can't finish while in CA, effectively forcing people to advance, while the best strategy in FoE maths-wise is to stay in your current era and not do story quests AT ALL. Bad move, but they are already out of good moves.

Galladhorn

Monarch
in OF and you don't know that you can get units in GE and those units also counts in quests ?

Imust agree to this feedback,

– if you are in Oceanic future already and have no options to produce units, neither knowing that GE provides unit rewards at each stage of each level, thus sometimes as extra rewards, then I wonder how you got to OF in the first place. I do respect that players have different play style and not all wants to fight.

....But if you are not able to produce units, that means you have just entered OF being 4 Techs away from Sub Cruisers,
thus the first of the Techs being a an expansion.

Promethium should not stop you, since you must have hauled some in Arctic Future already.

The only OF good needed to unlock the Sub Cruisers are 100 Artifical Scales – these should be possible to trade for Arctic Goods, since most OF players have a quite decent income of OF goods. And may I add that Sub Cruisers are a very decent all round unit, due to its retalliation.
Coins and Supplies should be of no concern for any OF player or for that sake any player above 1 million points (that is even high set).

– Advice would be to push a hard till you get the Subcruisers; burn coins to buy the FP´s, and be active in trading the goods needed and meanwhile simply stop everything else – just focus on unlocking these 4 techs as fast as possible. Usually by solving Quests that comes with any Era, rewards with Units are included – but hey! you must have experienced this many times before coming to OF.

Sometimes when having bad timing with Era unlocks and Quests theres is no other option than to push hard and make a few sacrifices to balance the issue.

Last edited:

DeletedUser110419

Events are optional. If you think there are too many, or don't like the rewards for an event, or don't like the required quests for an event, then DON'T DO THE EVENT!

(That said, feel free to lobby for different required quests for future events.)

DeletedUser113110

Events are optional. If you think there are too many, or don't like the rewards for an event, or don't like the required quests for an event, then DON'T DO THE EVENT!

(That said, feel free to lobby for different required quests for future events.)
Portrait is nice. Building is nice. So what is wrong?:)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
This one's a definite skip for me...
2x3 w/8hr fp production? Okay, but then, that's literally the only thing you'll ever want to produce out of it.
The Medals amounts are so tiny that you'll likely earn more on average/day by just picking up all the incidents around your city (I got 70 yesterday from incidents vs. either 24 (24x 1hr) or 11 (1x 24hr)?! I'm sorry Inno but that's beyond laughably insulting to player intelligence being that low.
The Guild Power? Again, it's too little to matter, and is yet again, outdone by a motivated HoF.

I guess if you can spare a province, AND, maintain 3x 8hr productions, then it's a decent reward.
Otherwise, it's again sitting in the garbage pile for me.

Galladhorn

Monarch
This one's a definite skip for me...
2x3 w/8hr fp production? Okay, but then, that's literally the only thing you'll ever want to produce out of it.

Most of the time 8 H production buildings that can deliver FP´s do produce FP´s. 3 FPs over 24H on a 2x3 building is about as good as it gets.

Nearly every multi production building has a best production option. The other options come in handy when solving quests the requires something special or a lot of productions – but there is nearly always a best base option to these kind of buildings and I never heard anybody complain about the ability to produce FP´s in any building.

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
Seriously, another event a week after the last one has finished?! And yet another one with a mandatory province acquisition, a week after the last one!

Seriously, another event a week after the last one has finished?! And yet another one with a mandatory province acquisition, a week after the last one!

For the last year or so they've been running quests on what feels like an alternate weekly schedule. There must be a team who were tasked with thinking up themes for a dozen quests a year 'just in order to keep interest up' - possibly because there are a lot of long-term players stuck at the end of the game with no story left to play, and Inno are afraid of losing them?

We have a running joke in my guild - there's one player who always asks "when is the next quest?" within three days or so of the last one ending...

dimondus

Captain
I also see that 'recruit units of your age' is mandatory which I will not be able to achieve
Definitely achievable, if you have Traz (I mean rogues count as current age unit, right?) its easy if not then you have to solve 4-5 GE encounters that has a 1-2 units reward (19 encounters in total).
As for the province I agree but then again as people said before - EVENTS ARE OPTIONAL.

Last edited:

dimondus

Captain
Coins and Supplies should be of no concern for any OF player or for that sake any player above 1 million points (that is even high set).
Agree, Coins and Supplies should not be an issue if playing smart. I'm in LMA and rarely look at that part of the screen already.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure they do.
They definitely do not. They are "No Age," and therefore do not count towards any quest that requires recruiting units of a specific age. I own an Alcatraz and a Rogue Hideout and I have checked it myself.