• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Sisi

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser64962

That's not strictly true though, is it? What exactly is making this quest impossible for you?
I'm in the last province of the Future age. In order to scout another province I have to first acquire this one (only 15 sectors!), either by negotiation or capture...which means spending a lot of goods and/or troops in the minimum time possible so that I can go on to scout a province (which will take 2 days unless I spend diamonds); a lot of hassle for a random reward (5 goods/ a blueprint), don't you think?
At least I can allow myself the luxury of not doing the quest; but it's frustrating.

DeletedUser64962

4 events no scouting ?

what have you done the last 5 month ?
My scouting doesn't coincide with the quests (see reply to Lady Lexis). So I leave the quests when they become impossible, and concentrate on building my city (Poble Nou).
As for the last 5 months, well, I spent most of it in the real world, working, sunbathing and generally having a good time. Had a great summer holiday, and now I'm getting ready to go back to work:D

DeletedUser

I'm in the last province of the Future age. In order to scout another province I have to first acquire this one (only 15 sectors!), either by negotiation or capture...which means spending a lot of goods and/or troops in the minimum time possible so that I can go on to scout a province (which will take 2 days unless I spend diamonds); a lot of hassle for a random reward (5 goods/ a blueprint), don't you think?
At least I can allow myself the luxury of not doing the quest; but it's frustrating.
Frustrating maybe, but not impossible. 100% possible, in fact, in the time frame if you're prepared with goods and troops you need. Hence why I objected to the phrasing:)
I just don't see why people complain about this quest. It can indeed be a hassle and require work, but you don't get something for nothing. If you find the quest too much hassle for the reward, that's entirely your call but you can't really complain in retrospect if you make that call.
As for the last 5 months, well, I spent most of it in the real world, working, sunbathing and generally having a good time
Good for you, that's the way to do it! :D

DeletedUser97166

I was on the same sector when the event started, I had to fight hard to get through the sector and have now completed the Scout quest. It is not something impossible to do before the end of the event, it is very possible for you to do with plenty of time to finish all the other quests there are involved in the SiSi event.
So why do Inno do this? Is it simply "hey let's put this in and tough luck for anybody who can't do it, if you don't like it you can lump it"?
Because it's not impossible and it is something everyone should be able to do if they have balanced their research and their continent map.

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
My only fear is that I don't want to jump to a new era just yet so I'm hoping we won't have to research a technology.

DeletedUser64962

100% possible, in fact, in the time frame if you're prepared with goods and troops you need.
I had to fight hard to get through the sector
If you find the quest too much hassle for the reward, that's entirely your call but you can't really complain in retrospect if you make that call.

Okay...I'm obviously running a very inefficient city:D. I don't have an offensive army (only a defence force cobbled together from 'freebies'), and I'm not a guild member. Yup, my decisions and I'm not looking for sympathy or special treatment, and I'm not going to become a rampaging militarist just to get ahead in the game. Similarly, I've no intention of joining a guild - 3 years without one, I ain't gonna start now.
As a result, the military option is out and negotiation is the only way. I've taken 7 sectors out of 15; to get the rest I would need (among others) 350 nutrition research and 330 papercrete, goods which are very scarce in my local market. I'll need them eventually, but is it worth breaking my donkey to get them now?
I've no problem with working to gain prizes, deleting units, m/ping, spending fp, collecting, etc as long as the quest is really possible and the reward is appropriate to the difficulty involved. And there's the thing - I have the feeling that these quests are thrown together without thinking too much about the task-reward balance - you can get 50 diamonds for spending some fp and doing some polishing, yet something really challenging might bring you only 5 goods. It's like doing your driving test only to find that the instructor has just robbed a bank and you're in the getaway car...
Anyway, that's it from me on the subject...I'm going to the beach.:lol:

DeletedUser5180

My only fear is that I don't want to jump to a new era just yet so I'm hoping we won't have to research a technology.
check back over your tech tree from the start, there may be techs you did not unlock already, an example being a goods tech you did not have the deposit for

or multistorey houses (if you value the Aviary as being worth 600 diamonds)

DeletedUser5180

But it is as big as 3 shrines, so perhaps not as good, especially since it can be plundered.

as big as 3 shrines but smaller than a bazaar, depends if you see 2fps for 12 tiles as being good value.

lets say you sell fps for goods, that 2 fps is worth 12 arctic goods = 18 future goods (based on a rate of 6 arctic goods per fp and traded down at 1:1.5 ratio).... the smallest future goods building is 24 tiles worth 20 goods per 24 hrs but you could make the Aviary's 2fps worth 18 goods for half the city space

DeletedUser96901

But it is as big as 3 shrines, so perhaps not as good, especially since it can be plundered.
if your city is full of shrines and no place for it then you a much bigger problem:
too less motivation :lol:

DeletedUser104173

a bit off topic but it did start during this event, so I may as well post it here :)

past few days when someone's GB, where you invested and secured a reward spot, levels up, I get no info about it if it happened while I was off line. anyone else experiencing something similar?

I did glanced at report bug section and haven't noticed any title that may indicate it's related to this, my apologies if it is there and I missed it :P