• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Sisi

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

why are the quests in Arctic Future part 2 auto-completed ?

still researches left and provinces to scout and acquire

DeletedUser103223

Seems like it is, i just clicked right thru it and i've got quests not finished.

DeletedUser5180

I had a scout province quest which auto completed even though i'm currently half way through scouting a sector in Arctic future part 2

DeletedUser

why are the quests in Arctic Future part 2 auto-completed ?

still researches left and provinces to scout and acquire
I had a scout province quest which auto completed even though i'm currently half way through scouting a sector in Arctic future part 2
I noticed this during first part of Arctic Future as well though. Interesting to hear from support on this.

DeletedUser7719

The Sisi questline was released on beta prior to the AFII, hence the condition was to finish AFI's techs and map to autocomplete the quests in concern.

DeletedUser

The Sisi questline was released on beta prior to the AFII, hence the condition was to finish AFI's techs and map to autocomplete the quests in concern.
doh.gif

Hardly fair is it?

DeletedUser96901

terrible programming :rolleyes:

simple function islasttechresearched
and that function returns true or false for last tech and that function will be changed with every new tech not with events

same for map: islastprovinceaquired
depending only on map and when a new part is released that function will be changed accordingly

so events would always behave correct
and that function can be used everywhere needed and only a few lines must be changed when releasing new content. so a new age (part) can be released before, after, during an event. whenever they want

so good programmers wouldn't have such problems
oh wait. you need good programmers for that :lol:

but they made the checking for last tech and map in the event coding, omg how terrible :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

How often have we had this problem? Once.
How often has a new age been released near the end of event? Once.

I think we should cut the devs some slack for this one at least guys. :P It doesn't harm anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

actually already twice since the AF :lol:

I noticed this during first part of Arctic Future as well though. Interesting to hear from support on this.
so that also happened with AF part 1:rolleyes:

How often has a new age been released near the end of event? Once.
and sure more often because every month a new event (not like in the past years where we had only half the amount of events)

so that can easily end in change of the order of eras (parts of them) and events from beta to live servers

and finally:
good or bad programming doesn't depend on how often something happens :lol:
and only because nothing bad happens in a program it still can be programmed terrible

DeletedUser4727

Hi all, what ByeOrDie said, basically. I'll get it reported, but I doubt anything will come of it for Sisi, but perhaps it will mean safeguards for future questlines etc.

DeletedUser5180

event finished and the new building looks really cool, especially the peacocks.!!

thanks INNO, another 2 daily fps which takes me to a minimum of 99 :P

DeletedUser64962

Here we go again...task 4 in Sissi requires that we scout a province. Yeah,sure, like I have loads of provinces just waiting to be explored for Sissi, Sarah Bernhardt, Mary Stuart and anybody else who decides to visit. This is about the fourth time (tbh, I've lost count) where I've had to cancel my participation in quests simply because scouting is not possible. Presumably I'm not the only one?
So why do Inno do this? Is it simply "hey let's put this in and tough luck for anybody who can't do it, if you don't like it you can lump it"?

DeletedUser96901

4 events no scouting ?

what have you done the last 5 month ?

DeletedUser211

Here we go again...task 4 in Sissi requires that we scout a province. Yeah,sure, like I have loads of provinces just waiting to be explored for Sissi, Sarah Bernhardt, Mary Stuart and anybody else who decides to visit. This is about the fourth time (tbh, I've lost count) where I've had to cancel my participation in quests simply because scouting is not possible. Presumably I'm not the only one?
So why do Inno do this? Is it simply "hey let's put this in and tough luck for anybody who can't do it, if you don't like it you can lump it"?
Same for me. Unless there is a shrine as reward, i simply dont do the quests anymore. I dont care about some portrait.