• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Napoleon Bonaparte

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

Napoleon is coming! Our next Historical Questline arrives soon. Use this thread for feedback and questions about the Questline. Check the forum announcement for a link to the event wiki here.

Enjoy!

Richard & Team

Dead-Eye

General
The building looks nice but the 3% attack boost in Colonial is weak. I will probably do the quest but doubt I will waste space in my city for this.

DeletedUser101009

Oh wonderful yet another quest, Inno short on diamond purchases again. Seriously what's with all the quests?

DeletedUser112027

Oh wonderful yet another quest, Inno short on diamond purchases again. Seriously what's with all the quests?

Uh... what? Oh! Got it. You do what your told to do.

Don't do it. Seriously. I'm telling you. Don't. Wait! This is better: you actually can't do it. You're not allowed.

Feel better?

E.

DeletedUser

That one is rather cool, though; or at least it was so on beta. Moreover, the building is nice but definitely not a must have. So, as Elfish Lad said, you can perfectly skip it.

DeletedUser112027

Inno must be getting desperate. We don't even get the 2 week recovery time this go round. sheesh :?

Um... just the opposite I would think. Clearly their consumer base responds well to these special events. I'm not sure what is so offensive to you and others about this.

Like Apple. Do they come out every year with a new iPhone because they are desperate? Uh... no. It cost them money to produce them. They make more money selling them.

Inno is a business. It cost them money in services, development, and management to run this game, it's changes and thus these events. Granted, the overhead is small in proportion to their gain, but the model is the same.

So far, since I've been playing since November I have enjoyed these specials. When I and if I get fatigued with them? I will probably come here and whine about them and then? Still play them. Just. Like. You.

Oh. I'm still using an iPhone 5.

E. (Consumer)

Agent327

Overlord
Um... just the opposite I would think. Clearly their consumer base responds well to these special events. I'm not sure what is so offensive to you and others about this.

Consumer base using the forums isn't responding that well. I think it is because most of the forum users are playing for a long time. Inno is trying to bring more to the game for these long time players with more events and daily challenges. I think they are failing at this. Missions do not become interesting just because you have to do them more often. It is the same, all the time, every time. Rather than coming up with more events, they should come up with more interesting missions. Problem is that in this game that is impossible. Second problem is that event prizes aren't an incentive anymoree. You can not place them anyhow.

DeletedUser112027

Consumer base using the forums isn't responding that well. I think it is because most of the forum users are playing for a long time. Inno is trying to bring more to the game for these long time players with more events and daily challenges. I think they are failing at this. Missions do not become interesting just because you have to do them more often. It is the same, all the time, every time. Rather than coming up with more events, they should come up with more interesting missions. Problem is that in this game that is impossible. Second problem is that event prizes aren't an incentive anymoree. You can not place them anyhow.

This makes total sense to me. It was no different with Clash of Clans after 4 years. Game fatigue is impossible to beat. It just is. But not all long-term players feel that fatigue. In the Guild I’m in, in FD, there are vets with 10, 20, 30 million and years invested who get pumped about new GBs, new specials, and new quests. But they haven’t ever posted here.

The US forum is far more active and representative I think.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Looking up the quest list from beta on the FoE wiki, I really like that all the scouting/province taking can be bypassed with other options!
THANK-YOU INNO!!

I personally think that being able to bypass ALL potential research & scouting/sector/province quests with an other task should be a GARUNTEED OPTION for ALL these historical mini events

I can accept forced research & sector/province taking & scouting with no options during the 'main' big seasonal events, but the second I see things like "negotiate/take X sectors" and/or "acquire a province/scout a province" during a 5-9 day 'mini' event?
Feth that, not doing it, because I need to save my provinces & sectors especially for the big events, or else I'd end up 3-4 ages ahead in no time flat!

DeletedUser110117

All you complainers are crazy. This building in Tomorrow era will give 9% attack to help with GE, GVG, PVP, and the other great boost it gives. I want to know does Napoleon riding around keep going forever or just once after placing the building?

DeletedUser110117

Another thing about event buildings being no good cause you can't place them. You have to decide what's most important to you for placing. I value medals the most so anything producing those is in for me. I have 60 victory towers in Brisgard alone. I play 11 worlds and have 370 in total.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Any building that gives attack bonus, with a small footprint, is always welcomed...especially when it's a mini-event. I could do without the motivation option though, it is getting quite difficult to find enough active players who aid daily.

Agent327

Overlord
This makes total sense to me. It was no different with Clash of Clans after 4 years. Game fatigue is impossible to beat. It just is. But not all long-term players feel that fatigue. In the Guild I’m in, in FD, there are vets with 10, 20, 30 million and years invested who get pumped about new GBs, new specials, and new quests. But they haven’t ever posted here.

The US forum is far more active and representative I think.

I don't think it is fatigue. If it is fatigue you just stop. I think it is more going in the direction of disappointment. You are hoping to be challenged, but it looks like the developers have no clue how to do that. Just look at GE. It are the same fights every week. How hard can it be to change the units every two weeks?

Greywolf

Sergeant
All you complainers are crazy. This building in Tomorrow era will give 9% attack to help with GE, GVG, PVP, and the other great boost it gives. I want to know does Napoleon riding around keep going forever or just once after placing the building?

9%? The FoE wiki lists a different percentage for Tomorrow: 5%.