• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Napoleon Bonaparte

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

Dead-Eye

General
Quest 5: "Scout a province OR Solve 16 encounters in the Guild Expedition" and "Spend some Forge Points"

Who's the moron that came up with this on a 6 day event? I've already finished all 64 encounters and now it's going to take 2 1/2 days to scout, way to think ahead there Inno.

Sucks don't it. I am stuck in the same predicament. Can't scout though as I am to far ahead on the con map as it is. GE opens again on Tuesday morning, with a bit of planning you can finish the quests in an hour or so as long as you have enough FP packs in inventory.

DeletedUser112027

The complaints are for a simple reason, playing the game has become a job. When I started there were just 5 annual events a year and a few historical events added in. Now it is constant events, Guild Expeditions, Tavern visiting, etc, etc.

From a personal view Guild Expeditions was the best addition. The others are time consuming, hence I say the game has become a job.

Don't do it. Don't do any of it. Grow your city. Do your thing.

I have a job already. I didn't come here to have another one. If I start to feel like it's "a job" that's on me. Never on anyone else. I played every level of Civilization. I pushed through Town Hall 11 in Clash. I made it to the top 1000 on Hasbro's RISK. Halo, Stronghold, Tomb Raider... you understand what I'm saying. I'm done with those games. Now I'm here. I will be done with this game same day as well.

It's how it works. I'm actually glad that Inno Devs continue to add things here that don't cost me an expansion pack fee, or money for an "ultimate" package. I like that it is totally free. 100%. I can tell Napoleon to bugger off if I want. Don't need lv7 of the Carnival Bridge. Lv4 (for free and no diamonds where hurt in the receiving of this special) bridge is fine.

No job here at all. There was a player in the last guild I was in who was in the OF, had 4 seats in their tavern. Never said boo in guild threads. Contributed to trade threads. Fought through GE2 each week. Clearly been here a long time. Bet that player doesn't feel like it's a job.

It's our right to complain. For sure. But often, for me, the complaints seem total baseless. For a totally free game.

Totally free mate.

Totally free.

Totally.

E.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Sucks don't it. I am stuck in the same predicament. Can't scout though as I am to far ahead on the con map as it is. GE opens again on Tuesday morning, with a bit of planning you can finish the quests in an hour or so as long as you have enough FP packs in inventory.

Looks like someone is reading this and fixing the error. I take back the 'moron' comment. Quest 5 is now automatically solved for me, didn't have to wait the 2 1/2 days.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
I have a different problem which stops me from doing these quests and finishing them. I'm in Arctic Future and haven't advanced very far. I do like doing these quests as most requirements further me in the game anyway. #3 of building a military building from either my age or the one before stops me. I have 2 military buildings of my previous age already and they are all I need now. I have not advanced enough to gain one of my age now anyway. My free population is at a minimum and I can't build one which I don't need anyway without destroying one and then rebuilding it and space is at a premium. Where is the alternatives for each quest as there is no alternative for this. It might be worthwhile for those in far earlier ages but at this stage of the game it is too costly and also not needed for advancement. Sucks for such a short quest time. Too bad. Certainly will leave this quest alone. Getting to be too many in such short times as many have already said. Inno should let people play the game as it used to be with big gaps between new quests and not as many in each year. And also with the longer quests give better gifts for doing the quest lines and possibly gifts that will truly benefit those in later ages.

DeletedUser112891

Looks like someone is reading this and fixing the error. I take back the 'moron' comment. Quest 5 is now automatically solved for me, didn't have to wait the 2 1/2 days.

I am still stuck as I do not have anything to scout and I had already finished this weeks GE before this questine started. I still think this quest is moronic given the short time frame.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
I have a different problem which stops me from doing these quests and finishing them. I'm in Arctic Future and haven't advanced very far. I do like doing these quests as most requirements further me in the game anyway. #3 of building a military building from either my age or the one before stops me. I have 2 military buildings of my previous age already and they are all I need now. I have not advanced enough to gain one of my age now anyway. My free population is at a minimum and I can't build one which I don't need anyway without destroying one and then rebuilding it and space is at a premium. Where is the alternatives for each quest as there is no alternative for this. It might be worthwhile for those in far earlier ages but at this stage of the game it is too costly and also not needed for advancement. Sucks for such a short quest time. Too bad. Certainly will leave this quest alone. Getting to be too many in such short times as many have already said. Inno should let people play the game as it used to be with big gaps between new quests and not as many in each year. And also with the longer quests give better gifts for doing the quest lines and possibly gifts that will truly benefit those in later ages.

Why can't you just sell the military building and rebuild it? That's what I do in those circumstances.

DeletedUser112027

Yeah. I'm stuck on this one. Not going to finish. Did my GE and scouting too early. Should have read the wiki. Would have been cool to see Napoleon ride around my little village though! lol

DeletedUser111866

Quest 8 has historical description in the line of "Russian army avoided all attempts to confront and Napoleon reached Moscow without resistance" - wrong, there was one major battle before Napoleon entered Moscow, the Borodino field battle. Russians lost, however French army was also seriously exhausted, ran out of supplies and entered a burnt down city in vain.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
Yeah. I'm stuck on this one. Not going to finish. Did my GE and scouting too early. Should have read the wiki. Would have been cool to see Napoleon ride around my little village though! lol

I have collected from the building twice and no napoleon, so you are not missing anything

DeletedUser106369

Quest 7 is only recruit 6 unit from you age and not the age below. This is difficult for those of us who have just entered a new age and don't have the techs for troops unlocked yet. Please add troops from the age below again.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Shouldn't it go without saying now that whenever there's news of a new event, one should head over to the wiki and see if the Beta quest line is up, thus allowing one to plan ahead with 99% certainty of what quests any given event will entail?:rolleyes:

Remember kiddies, "...knowing is half the battle"!;)