• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Mary Stuart

DeletedUser914

William of Orange, Stadtholder of Holland (and other places). Grandson of Charles I who got his head cut off.
No, no not William of Orange, cityholder Willam II. Cityholder William II was his grandson.

DeletedUser105544

Well, two Dutch Williams married two princesses of the House of Stuart who were direct descendants of Mary Stewart (who married a Stuart, confusingly :-P)
So there were two royal houses in Scotland: Stewart and Stuart?

DeletedUser5180

There was one royal house, originally the name Stewart, this changed to Stuart which was the French name for Stewart and was adopted by Mary Queen of Scots

There was a reason for this... When she married into the French family they struggled to say Stewart as they pronounce 'w' different to how the British do so Stuart caused
no problems that way. There was also the suggestion that Stewart sounded too similar to Steward which was a title / rank givin within clans in Scotland around that time and may have caused confusion.

Some families in Scotland from both Stuart / Steward that have researched their family tree back far enough have found that their surname changed, this was whether their descendants kept or changed their name... If I remember correctly
I think those with a catholic background were inclined to change to Stuart while Protestants kept the Stewart name

Hopefully this post doesn't confuse ya'll too much but as a proud Scot I think I've put the main topic into words that are easy enough to understand

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105544

Thanks. I like history very much, but know very little about the history of UK except the things that influenced the global picture. I think I'm gonna dedicate some time to read more about it. Some use of theese events :D

DeletedUser10851

I don't care about what premise is used for mini events. In regard to history, when I want to know about something there is this little thing call Google Search not Inno Games.

However, in regard to the mini events. To many of then now or too close to gether, they have lost their uniqueness. They are al pretty much the same, Buy forge points, scout here or there, etc... What does bother me and others (not all) is the constant pop-up when one logs into a neighborhood. When one plays a number of servers, (in my case 6) and one logs in 4 or 5 or 6 times in a day that amounts to 36 or more times per day or 252 times in the seven days the event runs. I know you want to try to force event play in the hopes that some will send diamonds on trying to complete the quest lines, but for those of us, who stop the line when they hit a point when it is not in line with our gaming plans, or even when the quest line is completed, that dang pop-up is still there and does nothing but annoy us.

How about cutting us a break and having a wee little option on that pop-up screen that says: "Do not show this again". For some of us, that pop-up gets annoying and I can see where the annoyance can reach a stage where some may think that Inno has no consideration for players and then they quit altogether forgoing your chance that they may spend monies on diamonds in the future. So please cut us a breake and give us an option to stop that pop-up from happening.

Thanks

DeletedUser105544

I don't care about what premise is used for mini events. In regard to history, when I want to know about something there is this little thing call Google Search not Inno Games.

However, in regard to the mini events. To many of then now or too close to gether, they have lost their uniqueness. They are al pretty much the same, Buy forge points, scout here or there, etc... What does bother me and others (not all) is the constant pop-up when one logs into a neighborhood. When one plays a number of servers, (in my case 6) and one logs in 4 or 5 or 6 times in a day that amounts to 36 or more times per day or 252 times in the seven days the event runs. I know you want to try to force event play in the hopes that some will send diamonds on trying to complete the quest lines, but for those of us, who stop the line when they hit a point when it is not in line with our gaming plans, or even when the quest line is completed, that dang pop-up is still there and does nothing but annoy us.

How about cutting us a break and having a wee little option on that pop-up screen that says: "Do not show this again". For some of us, that pop-up gets annoying and I can see where the annoyance can reach a stage where some may think that Inno has no consideration for players and then they quit altogether forgoing your chance that they may spend monies on diamonds in the future. So please cut us a breake and give us an option to stop that pop-up from happening.

Thanks
But mini events have one great characteristic - you learn somethning new about the things that didn't belont to your field of interest previously. Some of these things you would never search on google. That means you will learn something new, you will adopt new knowleges, and new knowlege makes yout brain works better, which means you will become smarter, and the smarter you are the better player you will be. Cheers for mini events.

DeletedUser10851

I don't care about what premise is used for mini events.
Exactly what I said..

It's not about the premise and as far as history goes, I saw the Beetles first north American TV appearance on Ed Sullivan Show, I was on live TV Kennedy get shot, I saw news reports about Sputnik - Yuri Gagarin and watched John Glenn's launch in the Mercury Capsule. I attended Woodstock in 69, I watched the news reels coming out of the Vietnam War with all the political ramifications from it. Was in school when both national, international history was taught.

The only reason I mention all of this is because you seem to be questioning my intellect while disregarding what my original post was about.

To the event devs.. please include a "Do Not Show This" on the event pop-up play screen.

DeletedUser5180

We all know Google can give us a great deal of info on just about anything but Iets be honest and say no FoE player would have searched for anything on google related to Mary Queen of Scots so the event has given us something new and has perhaps given some of us the inclination to find out more about Scotland's Royalty (I'd guess that many players didn't even know that Scotland had royalty in the past) so the event has been a success

DeletedUser97688

Won a cheeky AF Shrine and the 19,200 ranking points that go with it... this event was a good one ;)

DeletedUser105544

Exactly what I said..

It's not about the premise and as far as history goes, I saw the Beetles first north American TV appearance on Ed Sullivan Show, I was on live TV Kennedy get shot, I saw news reports about Sputnik - Yuri Gagarin and watched John Glenn's launch in the Mercury Capsule. I attended Woodstock in 69, I watched the news reels coming out of the Vietnam War with all the political ramifications from it. Was in school when both national, international history was taught.

The only reason I mention all of this is because you seem to be questioning my intellect while disregarding what my original post was about.

To the event devs.. please include a "Do Not Show This" on the event pop-up play screen.
Well, that is your choice...to know what you have knew so far and not to adopt new knowlege (unless it gives you more diamonds or anu other virtual satisfaction my friend), instead of expanding your horizon and get real life quality by introducing other cultures. This is international server after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10851

One has to luv Forum Trolls who have no reading comprehension and refuse to understand what a subject matter of a particular post is. It seems that they prefer to try to attack the author personally, try to insult them, rather than realising what a post is about.

So lets see if I can expand "their" horizon a little. The original post was NOT about the event content. I don't care if it's history, math, science or whatever...

It is about the POP-UP screen every time one logs onto a server that gets annoying to some of us and simply asking the event devs if they could include a "Do Not Show This Again" that we can check.

DeletedUser105544

It is discussion about Mary Stewart historical questline. At least it is written in the headline. This thread is not about switching off all future event notifications. If you want to talk about that it is not problem to start new thread on that subject. History of civilization was one of subjects I studied ten years ago and still like to seek for new knowleges about history of different regions, and was delighted to learn something new out of this questline by talking with people who knows more about it, and I don't see why that bothers you so much my friend. Subject of this thread is questline considering Mary Stewart and I wrote my impresion about subject of the thread, while you are talking about overall graphic/mechanics of the game, which is not subject of this thread. There is section with new ideas, where you can propose technical changes of the game, and I would be glad to talk about it with you there. Thanks :hide:

DeletedUser107753

Hey all,

This thread is for discussing the Historical Questline for Mary Stuart. You can find the full announcement here.
I got as far as quest 12 that said to scout an area. I have no scout on my map to do and am now out of the Quest line. Is there any way to bypass this one and get back in to do more Quests?