• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Cleopatra

Agent327

Overlord
Actually, I seem to recall that during the very recent Spring event, on beta there was a quest for claiming a province, and yet come live, an alternative was offered...

Quest #16: "Gain control over a Province, OR, Solve 12 encounters in the Guild Expeditions".

Originally when it was first posted from the initial beta version, there was no alternative. Except once it hit live, there was.

There is a big difference between a quest at the beginning of an event and that at the end of a questline.

: @twomsuk; for the love of god, please - change the province requirement for the Van Gogh historical quest!
This HQ's end prize barely warrants spending a whole province, and only then because we basically get a SoK w/a haughty queen being carried about showing up in our cities!;)

But going by the comments on Beta, the 'prize' for the next event is mostly just garbage;
- 8hr production of 1fp
- 24hr production of a bare few medals?! (really Inno, 24hr's for what looks like less than a Shrine of Awe can produce?! o_O )
That in no way comes close to being worth a whole province! :P

With 3x2 and an 8 hr productyion of 1 fp it is better than a SoK, so what on earth are you complaining about?

DeletedUser96901

Defeating 50 enemies? Yeah, even 20-30 enemies is near-impossible for BA/IA cities unless they've got a high Lv Zeus already, and then burn up most/all of the campaign map. -_-
in one map sector attack 30 times: kill one unit. retreat
mission accomplished

can be done with 8 spearfighters in BA

why can't you do that ?
please explain what is so difficult ?

I don't need a Zeus for that
only 2 spearfighter barracks

Winning X battles in a row? Again, unless you're an IA camper with decently leveled GB's who can fight through most of GE, it's all but impossible for the vast majority of PvP'less players.
if the alternative is too difficult do the actual quest condition

Last edited by a moderator:
to me it looks a little more Central American vs. ancient Egyptian?

Most of her ancestry was Macedonian Greek, with a possible mix of Egyptian from a grandmother- based on many historians. Since they married brother/sister to keep the dynasty going but for the most part had concubines, or lovers, the family tree is either quite linear, or very branching.

DeletedUser112660

So, in my eye Portrait of Cleopatra is horrible and lack of personaliy. She is not an Egyptian

DeletedUser15986

lol you can always nibble away at it in advance

Except with an open province you can get a "conquer x provinces" in the daily challenge... or, far far worse, "negotiate x provinces".

No thank you.

DeeJayh

Private
So, in my eye Portrait of Cleopatra is horrible and lack of personaliy. She is not an Egyptian
Despite being Queen of Egypt, she was actually Greek, they tried to keep the Royal line pure by intermarrying and she was married to her brother at one stage. She was supposed to be very intelligent as well as beautiful.

DeeJayh

Private
I finished the quest before the deadline but so far I haven't seen Cleopatra being carried around my streets. Napolean is still riding around and I hope the one doesn't replace the other.

Boorg

Captain
I finished the quest before the deadline but so far I haven't seen Cleopatra being carried around my streets. Napolean is still riding around and I hope the one doesn't replace the other.

That’s probably because it took you a long time to finish the Event and as you said deadline therefore Cleopatra got tired of waiting and committed suicide, she is now dead and buried!!!

Don’t you know that women don’t like being kept waiting? lol

No, one does not replace the other but they might disagree and start fighting!

DeletedUser113084

That’s probably because it took you a long time to finish the Event and as you said deadline therefore Cleopatra got tired of waiting and committed suicide, she is now dead and buried!!!

Don’t you know that women don’t like being kept waiting? lol

No, one does not replace the other but they might disagree and start fighting!

hahahahahahahahahah