• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Cleopatra

Agent327

Overlord
Province taking should NEVER be required for these mini-events...
By all means, "force" players to take a couple provinces during the big 20-24 day long 'major' seasonal and/or special themed events.
But a historical questline that lasts 6 days? Hell NO!

Either remove the required province, OR, up the rewards by at least a couple more so that it's worth the cost of said province...
I mean, for this event, we basically get;
1x deco
2x SoK (basically)

On the other hand, during a major event where I typically spend 2-3 provinces, I'm pulling in;
- a full compliment of set buildings (5 for Spring, and 10 during the summer event!) OR a fully upgraded Lv4-7 building. (cider mill & PoH - ignored the Bridge 'cause it was just a nerfed PoH's! :P )
- multiple SoK's
- lots of bp's + fp's
- maybe a couple small decos
- WW and/or a special production building or two
- Champ's Retreat and/or Rogue Hideout
- Watchfires/Victory Towers
- various troops, many of them the 'special' units such as Rogues/Drummers, etc...

So basically, even if a big event takes say, 3 provinces in order to finish all the quests, I'm getting 3-4x the rewards per province!
Inno needs to equal the cost/reward of these Historicals, or go back to the damn drawing board.:mad:

Maybe you should read this back again and think about what you wrote.

3 provinces in a 20 day event is fine, one in a 6 day event not.
3-4x the rewards per province in 20 days is fine, one in a 6 day event not.

Inno does not need to do anything. Nobody is forcing you to participate in these questlines.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Maybe you should read this back again and think about what you wrote.

3 provinces in a 20 day event is fine, one in a 6 day event not.
3-4x the rewards per province in 20 days is fine, one in a 6 day event not.

Inno does not need to do anything. Nobody is forcing you to participate in these questlines.
If they want to get as many players participating in these non-stop events, then Inno really does need to stop it with the province taking in these 'mini events'...

At the very least, offer an alternative such as;
- donate 250-300+ goods to treasury
- complete Lv3 of GE
- research 2 technologies
- win 10-15 battles, OR, win 7-8 battles in row without losing in between
- defeat 75-90 enemy units in battle. (or hell, even 100 enemy units to avoid clearing a whole province!)

Heck, you could even offer the alternative such as, "spend 20fps and gain control over a province OR research 2 technologies & win 15 battles".
There... that's a big ask for a good many players, but still a decent alternative to just blindly racing ahead on the world map.

Agent327

Overlord
If they want to get as many players participating in these non-stop events, then Inno really does need to stop it with the province taking in these 'mini events'...

At the very least, offer an alternative such as;
- donate 250-300+ goods to treasury
- complete Lv3 of GE
- research 2 technologies
- win 10-15 battles, OR, win 7-8 battles in row without losing in between
- defeat 75-90 enemy units in battle. (or hell, even 100 enemy units to avoid clearing a whole province!)

Heck, you could even offer the alternative such as, "spend 20fps and gain control over a province OR research 2 technologies & win 15 battles".
There... that's a big ask for a good many players, but still a decent alternative to just blindly racing ahead on the world map.

Look around you on the forum. Every alternative you offer I have seen players complaining about. Let's face it, whatever they come up with it is never any good, so just stop bitching and decide if you want to do the questline if the prize is worth it or not.

If you do less questlines, the quests will become easier to complete.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Look around you on the forum. Every alternative you offer I have seen players complaining about. Let's face it, whatever they come up with it is never any good, so just stop bitching and decide if you want to do the questline if the prize is worth it or not.

If you do less questlines, the quests will become easier to complete.
There's a big difference between complaining about province taking vs. most 'other' options though...

Provinces are an extremely limited resource, and Inno have not increased that resource per age, while they continue to pile on more and more events.

The other options are just people being whiny & lazy;
- It's easy to be prudent with your tech tree.

- Goods are stupidly easy to produce in bulk regardless of age. Lower ages get tiny little goods buildings, while higher ages get special production buildings, event buildings & quests which by-pass the whole unrefined -> refined bit.

- fps are only a problem for very low age players.

- fighting quests are only a problem for Brone Age -> Iron Age players. Otherwise, it's a city builder/war game. If someone wants to ignore half the game, that's their problem. :P

Agent327

Overlord
There's a big difference between complaining about province taking vs. most 'other' options though...

Not really. People complain about whateverr is the biggest nuisance to them. To me, province taking isn't a problem, but donating goods to the guild is. Not that I don't have them, but my guild can't do anything with them, so it is a total waste.

Provinces are an extremely limited resource, and Inno have not increased that resource per age, while they continue to pile on more and more events.

Here you are wrong. Inno has increased the resource, starting with OF. About the same time they started to pile the events.

The other options are just people being whiny & lazy;
- It's easy to be prudent with your tech tree.

No it isn't. You can get stuck the same way as with conquering a province.

- Goods are stupidly easy to produce in bulk regardless of age. Lower ages get tiny little goods buildings, while higher ages get special production buildings, event buildings & quests which by-pass the whole unrefined -> refined bit.

Sure, goods are easy, you can easily use the market to get them, so it is nothing more than a time wasting quest

- fps are only a problem for very low age players.'

Quests are supposed to be doable for every age

- fighting quests are only a problem for Brone Age -> Iron Age players. Otherwise, it's a city builder/war game. If someone wants to ignore half the game, that's their problem. :P

Quests are supposed to be doable for every age

If you can't do the quests it is your problem.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Except that the quests are not doable at every age - notably the fighting quests for both Bronze + Iron age players, especially now that PvP is locked behind a tech stuck nearly 3/4 of the way through IA...

Defeating 50 enemies? Yeah, even 20-30 enemies is near-impossible for BA/IA cities unless they've got a high Lv Zeus already, and then burn up most/all of the campaign map. -_-
Winning X battles in a row? Again, unless you're an IA camper with decently leveled GB's who can fight through most of GE, it's all but impossible for the vast majority of PvP'less players.

My ONLY complain about this historical quest line is the province taking with no alternative option given.
Inno had it perfect on the Napoleon historical quest - you could take sectors/provinces OR pay-up/do a much more challenging task/s to avoid it.

Why the change for no ******* reason, other than Inno are morons?

DeletedUser106696

Except that the quests are not doable at every age - notably the fighting quests for both Bronze + Iron age players, especially now that PvP is locked behind a tech stuck nearly 3/4 of the way through IA...

Defeating 50 enemies? Yeah, even 20-30 enemies is near-impossible for BA/IA cities unless they've got a high Lv Zeus already, and then burn up most/all of the campaign map. -_-

Not true... you can defeat as many enemies as you wish with a single sector... you do not need to win the battle, pick a sector, kill all but one, retreat, repeat, repeat, repeat ... until you have "defeated" the required number of units

Then use the same sector again if next day's dailies ask you to defeat some more units 8-)

DeletedUser111866

Defeating units is somewhat doable. You start a battle with 8 'pults, fire 7 killing at least one unit, then surrender. Lose a pult - no sweat, build another and potentially choose a different sector. I recall me being able to kill 7 out of 8 units of enemy with pults and not losing a single one until I surrender to not take that sector too dam early. Zeus lv4, Iron (so ballistas). BA - still possible, same trick with slingers instead. *Winning battles* is another thing in these quests, these might end up impossible for BA if they went negotiating very far into say EMA territory. IA can still win battles within GE - you need just to be in a guild Tuesday morning to have a go at level one where easy battles allow you to win them.
Winning X battles in a row? Again, unless you're an IA camper with decently leveled GB's who can fight through most of GE, it's all but impossible for the vast majority of PvP'less players.
This quest in Cleo has an alternative - 3 tavern boosts, quite doable even for a fresh BA (3*200 silver spent). And yet again, GE rules to do this kind of stuff.
My ONLY complain about this historical quest line is the province taking with no alternative option given.
This, however, is the issue I agree about.

Boorg

Captain
This quest in Cleo has an alternative - 3 tavern boosts, quite doable even for a fresh BA (3*200 silver spent). And yet again, GE rules to do this kind of stuff.

Why do you say (3*200 silver spent)?

The 200 silver is for the coin boost, the first attack boost costs 750 silver!

DeletedUser111866

You can use any tavern boosts to solve the quest the alternate way. So choose the cheapest.

Boorg

Captain
You can use any tavern boosts to solve the quest the alternate way. So choose the cheapest.

I thought you referred to battling and I didn’t realise that you referred to this Event, sorry my mistake.

Last edited:

RTSFirebat

Private
how do i get more diamonds and land?

With money.

What an unproductive answer!

Here's a better one: Using money (Recommend you want for special offers of more diamonds for your cash to pop up), rarely from quests rewards, wishing wells (Very low chance) and from GE rewards.

No it isn't. Next questline is Vincent van Gogh and once again it will be the final quest.

Yes it is, just cause you don't see it as issue, doesn't mean everyone else does. No one speaks for everyone here. There is zero reason to not offer people an alternative to taking a whole province. Even if it was a huge amount of collect goods or fighting or anything.

Agent327

Overlord
Yes it is, just cause you don't see it as issue, doesn't mean everyone else does. No one speaks for everyone here. There is zero reason to not offer people an alternative to taking a whole province. Even if it was a huge amount of collect goods or fighting or anything.

Whether or not I see it as an issue is no point here. You said conquerring a province was open for debate when it comes to the next questline. I can tell you it isn't. Next questline has already run on the beta. No way they will change it.

DeletedUser99692

Whether or not I see it as an issue is no point here. You said conquerring a province was open for debate when it comes to the next questline. I can tell you it isn't. Next questline has already run on the beta. No way they will change it.
Actually quests requirements can change between the Beta server and the Live servers depending on the feedback received and other factors.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Sure. Ever seen it happen?
Actually, I seem to recall that during the very recent Spring event, on beta there was a quest for claiming a province, and yet come live, an alternative was offered...

Quest #16: "Gain control over a Province, OR, Solve 12 encounters in the Guild Expeditions".

Originally when it was first posted from the initial beta version, there was no alternative. Except once it hit live, there was.
I spent a total of 9 sectors during the event, which matched up perfectly with the 2 provinces I opened, as one had 4 sectors while the other had 5, allowing me to clear all the 'forced' "take X sector" quests without wasting a single sector. :)

EDIT: @twomsuk; for the love of god, please - change the province requirement for the Van Gogh historical quest!
This HQ's end prize barely warrants spending a whole province, and only then because we basically get a SoK w/a haughty queen being carried about showing up in our cities!;)

But going by the comments on Beta, the 'prize' for the next event is mostly just garbage;
- 8hr production of 1fp
- 24hr production of a bare few medals?! (really Inno, 24hr's for what looks like less than a Shrine of Awe can produce?! o_O )
That in no way comes close to being worth a whole province! :P