• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Albert Einstein

DeletedUser106696

Despite having finished the questline on Monday evening, I'm still getting greeted each time I log on with a window inviting me to play this historical quest line... If I could do it again, I wouldn't mind so much (the more chess boards the better...), but this is getting a bit annoying :mad:

LarryB

Private

The quests are intended to challenge; just how challenging you make this type of quest is down to the individual.

Be a challenge yes, Impossible no.

For me to have completed the quest, I would have had to conquer 2 complete provinces. i.e. 8 sectors in 1st sector, then scout a province and then another ~8 sectors in the next province. In the 8 days remaining? It takes over 2 days to scout a province! I am not strong enough to take the sectors by force so would have to negotiate them all and just don't have enough goods available.

Therefore IMPOSSIBLE

DeletedUser12400

For me to have completed the quest, I would have had to conquer 2 complete provinces. i.e. 8 sectors in 1st sector, then scout a province and then another ~8 sectors in the next province. In the 8 days remaining? It takes over 2 days to scout a province! I am not strong enough to take the sectors by force so would have to negotiate them all and just don't have enough goods available.

Therefore IMPOSSIBLE
When you see an Historical Questline announcement, you have a couple of days to start prepapring for it or if you fellow beta than much earlier. The majority I would say prepare themselves before the event starts and even manage to finish in one day. Check out the guide - https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/event-planning-preparing-for-the-event.32302/. I suggest to ask for help from to your guild members or other users. Of course the easiet option is to find a user and donate forge points in great building for goods.

DeletedUser653

Therefore IMPOSSIBLE

You have made a decision to be farmer and therefore do not have the attack bonus or troops to take the sectors, I decided to fight and do not have to goods to negotiate the sectors, so its perfectly fair with the choices we made. The only difference is that I invested in attack GB's for the attack bonus and invested space in my city for troops. You invested in other GB's and used the space for goods.
Neither one of us is wrong and we both have to do the quests from the route we decided. Your mistake as Overtype pointed out is in not preparing for the event and not being able to scout a sector during the 1st few days is really down to prep and planning.

DeletedUser10684

When you see an Historical Questline announcement, you have a couple of days to start prepapring for it or if you fellow beta than much earlier. The majority I would say prepare themselves before the event starts and even manage to finish in one day.

If the key is to prepare for the event, such as by reading a cheat sheet of the quest sequence, doesn't that remove the 'challenge' of the event? I mean, if you know the quest-line in advance, it just becomes a case of organising collections and setting off scouts. A chore more than a challenge, and this from a guy who enjoys making the occasional spreadsheet...
Shouldn't you be able to complete an event by taking each quest in turn, each being a surprise to you as you advance? I know we have that style with the seasonal quests, 1 new one each day, but shouldn't the general principle apply to all events or would this be too hard to achieve with short events, with so many players across a wide range of advancement in the game?

For full disclosure, I personally find the events on FoE fairly well balanced, though I am an (almost) end game player on my main world so quite adaptable. Compared to Elvenar, where the last event had 3 late quests involving multiple 1 and 2 day collections, the balance is very good. FoE also doesn't make you do 99 5 minute productions. Yay for no RSI!

DeletedUser12400

If the key is to prepare for the event, such as by reading a cheat sheet of the quest sequence, doesn't that remove the 'challenge' of the event? I mean, if you know the quest-line in advance, it just becomes a case of organising collections and setting off scouts. A chore more than a challenge, and this from a guy who enjoys making the occasional spreadsheet...
Shouldn't you be able to complete an event by taking each quest in turn, each being a surprise to you as you advance?
It's up to each individual how they want to play and they don't have to read cheat sheet of the quest sequence if they don't want to. It's enough to read the tips I provided. If they don't want to read tips either that's fine but I suggest to always keep in mind and plan ahead as to ensure you never get to a point where you are stuck.
I know we have that style with the seasonal quests, 1 new one each day, but shouldn't the general principle apply to all events or would this be too hard to achieve with short events, with so many players across a wide range of advancement in the game?
There are many players who don't spend much time playing during the week and Historical Questlines are typically 7 days, we want to ensure that players can finish it while they have the time.

DeletedUser6560

Hello everyone. Like the quest but its taking me 2 1/2 days to get to a ship in the contemporary era and i don't know how long its going to take me to get to a new province after that. i then have to scout a new province before i can carry on with the quest. its 23:25 hours now on 20/03/17 so its never going to be finished by me this time. Just wondered if you could always make the time between getting to each new map the same so we could know in advance what time limit we had. Or make it no time to get to a ship so we wouldn't waste time in quests. Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser106696

... Just wondered if you could always make the time between getting to each new map the same so we could know in advance what time limit we had. Or make it no time to get to a ship so we wouldn't waste time in quests. Thanks in advance.

... or you always always always leave the map in a state ready for scouting as soon as a quest line is advertised... this IS still a strategy game, despite the multitude of Facebook-type additions recently. Much safer to always leave one province un-scouted and sync your map endeavours to the event schedule.

LarryB

Private
Believe it or not, I still haven't finished the province that was blocking me this quest, and now I am still blocked on the spring quest with the same problem. All manner of cheat sheets wouldn't have helped, because I cannot complete this province.
My army is still getting destroyed on attack and there is a huge shortage of AI goods that progress is so slow.
So regardless of whether I used a cheat sheet I still wouldn't have finished this quest even now.

All I'm saying is that they should use an alternative to Scouting in quest items. Maybe Scout OR Produce a number of 2 day productions.

DeletedUser12400

Believe it or not, I still haven't finished the province that was blocking me this quest, and now I am still blocked on the spring quest with the same problem. All manner of cheat sheets wouldn't have helped, because I cannot complete this province.
My army is still getting destroyed on attack and there is a huge shortage of AI goods that progress is so slow.
So regardless of whether I used a cheat sheet I still wouldn't have finished this quest even now.

All I'm saying is that they should use an alternative to Scouting in quest items. Maybe Scout OR Produce a number of 2 day productions.
I can suggest you to explain your situation in your guild and ask someone to help with goods.