• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Higher Era Units: How high?

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
@DarkUros222 I don’t know the answer to that. Having read the linked forum post though, I’d hazard to guess it was a non-bug that allowed a player to circumvent the blocking quests. I only did a superficial search but didn’t find an answer.

I guess the main advantage would be progressing the campaign further and getting more expansion? That would be kinda cool. With 3 hovers you’d pwn pillaging but it seems OTT and unnecessary. I don’t think it would have much value in battleground because even much lower level troops will still do a minimum of 1 damage, and that would all add up (meaning you’d spend a fortune in diamonds to heal if you wanted many fights). Still, it seems worthwhile investing some time trying to find out for the campaign advances alone, so good luck!

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
@DarkUros222 I don’t know the answer to that. Having read the linked forum post though, I’d hazard to guess it was a non-bug that allowed a player to circumvent the blocking quests. I only did a superficial search but didn’t find an answer.
That's what I've thought at first and is highly possible.
@DarkUros222
I guess the main advantage would be progressing the campaign further and getting more expansion? That would be kinda cool. With 3 hovers you’d pwn pillaging but it seems OTT and unnecessary. I don’t think it would have much value in battleground because even much lower level troops will still do a minimum of 1 damage, and that would all add up (meaning you’d spend a fortune in diamonds to heal if you wanted many fights). Still, it seems worthwhile investing some time trying to find out for the campaign advances alone, so good luck!
Yes, biggest advantage of the map advancement are expansions, I can get 21 expansion just from continent map if I conquer all the provinces up to OF (but that will need Diamonds investment due to Promethium and Orichalcum includedin those negotiations).
Regarding Hover Tanks and ther sustainability, if you move Hover Tank to the edge of the map and then let the battle goes full auto, only Rogues will be touched, and your ordinary Hover Tank won't even be able to be touched, not to mention those att/def stats with added force field and dmg absorption.

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Something I have noted from the QLines is that "Blocks" may be removed when performing certain actions in one's City. By deleting a Grenadier Camp, I bypassed a block and opened another Q requesting I build another. That done, more Qs opened for me which was nice.
The Exps from CMap are truly wonderful as are the extra Resources which provide for more Boosted Goods buildings and the facility of instant Goods access once "Boots hit ground", as we advance up the Tech Tree. A balance needs must be found by each individual Player and only you know your own pathway through the Game.
Hmmmm, that's interesting. First I've thought that maybe there are provinces that give units as reward outside of the questline, but that's one big question mark.
EDIT: Checked, no province gives units as reward, so there's something more going on here.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
That's what I've thought at first and is highly possible.

Yes, biggest advantage of the map advancement are expansions, I can get 21 expansion just from continent map if I conquer all the provinces up to OF (but that will need Diamonds investment due to Promethium and Orichalcum includedin those negotiations).
Regarding Hover Tanks and ther sustainability, if you move Hover Tank to the edge of the map and then let the battle goes full auto, only Rogues will be touched, and your ordinary Hover Tank won't even be able to be touched, not to mention those att/def stats with added force field and dmg absorption.
Save yourself all the hassle and get yourself up to contemporary era, from there its plain sailing to get advanced units up to OF, you need a high attack/defence to do this battling all the way but its possible because i have done it, think the player who got the hovertank got it through a bug of some sort need to ask him how he got it maybe, or maybe he doesn't know himself. while your in Arctic era you actually win promethium for completing some provinces, im in FE and i have small supply of it but no use for it..from here you can get more expansions when you enter OF and VF map :)

Iwateguy

Major-General

Message number 5 mentions a glitch that Inno has stated is not a bug and that it allows you to get units 4 levels up. My first guess would be that Inno didn't think something through. When they looked at it afterward, a fix may have been deemed as too expensive or time-consuming. So, they left it.

Save yourself all the hassle and get yourself up to contemporary era, from there its plain sailing to get advanced units up to OF
That's exactly what I'm doing in one of my cities right now. I'm in CE and currently fighting or negotiating my way through the OF map. Battles are tough, because I only have very few OF units (won through OF quests), but I can win them on manual by using either 1 sub cruiser or 1 eel + rogues.
The rewards from conquering the OF provinces are great for a CE city; high amounts of coins/supplies, OF goods and expansions.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Save yourself all the hassle and get yourself up to contemporary era, from there its plain sailing to get advanced units up to OF, you need a high attack/defence to do this battling all the way but its possible because i have done it, think the player who got the hovertank got it through a bug of some sort need to ask him how he got it maybe, or maybe he doesn't know himself. while your in Arctic era you actually win promethium for completing some provinces, im in FE and i have small supply of it but no use for it..from here you can get more expansions when you enter OF and VF map :)
That's what I planned ar first, jumping to CE and achieving OF units while there, but this thingie with Hover Tanks in PE made me deeply curious, so I have to research :D

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Apparently, I've found one guy on Reddit who supposedly knows how to directly trigger FE quests that offer you Hover Tanks, and he says:
There's a trick to get the 3 hovers. Theres 2 provinces further down the FE map and a specific order to scout and take them. When its done right it triggers the side quest with 3 hovers. After taking Botuko, scout Kalabuye but don't take any of its sectors and then scout Bisoraba. Take sectors of Bisoraba first. You also have to negotiate all of Joy Danba sectors.
I will try this method myself and see if I can get Hover Tanks this way while camping in PE, stay tuned.

After CE you can only get up to OF in terms of questline but due to some bonus quests from latter eras could be a way to get some.

Draqone

Corporal
Apparently, I've found one guy on Reddit who supposedly knows how to directly trigger FE quests that offer you Hover Tanks, and he says:
There's a trick to get the 3 hovers. Theres 2 provinces further down the FE map and a specific order to scout and take them. When its done right it triggers the side quest with 3 hovers. After taking Botuko, scout Kalabuye but don't take any of its sectors and then scout Bisoraba. Take sectors of Bisoraba first. You also have to negotiate all of Joy Danba sectors.
I will try this method myself and see if I can get Hover Tanks this way while camping in PE, stay tuned.
So, the hovers come from a side quest, not from a storyline quest?

Because as far as I know the "The End of this Chapter" quest to research PME is not skippable...

Anon2011

Private
Yes he an ex ? :lol:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
So, the hovers come from a side quest, not from a storyline quest?

Because as far as I know the "The End of this Chapter" quest to research PME is not skippable...
That is the catch I gotta go through.
If this player in InA succeeded to bypass "The end of this chapter" quest, then it can be done. How? Well I will find out soon.

BenTrovato

Private
I failed...and I can only guess which mistake I made. It is surely possible, but I definitely don't know how this guy managed it :(

Thanks for the update. It's interesting you still think it's possible.

It's going to be expensive to even make an attempt, as fighting up to FE when still in IndA isn't going to happen. I have the PME troops, but getting past CE will involve lots of TE/FE goods. I'll probably give it a miss.

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Thanks for the update. It's interesting you still think it's possible.
Yep, because I have completed the story questline up to the first PME questblocker before I got onto the FE map, so that might be the mistake. Maybe if I didn't go all the way there, it would lead me right to the FE questline when I finished another story quest before the questblocker.
But it's all guessing, so I still have no idea.

BenTrovato

Private
Yep, because I have completed the story questline up to the first PME questblocker before I got onto the FE map, so that might be the mistake. Maybe if I didn't go all the way there, it would lead me right to the FE questline when I finished another story quest before the questblocker.
But it's all guessing, so I still have no idea.

Unfortunately I'm at the same place you were in my main world, at the PME tech blocker. I know it's possible to skip ahead a little within Postmodern. I skipped from Jungle Drums (or possibly Camp in the Jungle) to The Queen is Dead because I'd already taken Dong Bang Song. So I'd probably try from Jungle Drums, if I was able.

Any Empire

Sergeant
Reviving a dormant thread, since several folks in my guild asked me on this: It is possible (though complex) to get Oceanic Future Troops in Industrial Age.
See the fantastic guide on the US forum for step by step instructions. https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/higher-age-units-guide-v1-22.37109/post-325316

The overall guide provides less complex paths for getting higher age units, such as getting
Industrial and Progressive Era Troops (In CA)
Up to Postmodern Era troops in Industrial Age
Full guide is here
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/higher-age-units-guide-v1-22.37109/

EDIT: I've deleted all my EN server worlds, only playing on Beta and US servers, for reasons I've already provided. This is just a final little tip, which I provide in appreciation for all the great guidance many others on this forum have given me. Take care

Last edited: