• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Higher Era Units: How high?

Iwateguy

Major-General
I've seen threads in which people talk about getting a unit from one or two eras higher but how high can this go?

Six eras? I would have said not possible except that I've seen it.

Someone in Industrial attacked my Industrial city the other day with 7 Rogues and a Hover Tank.

Is this guy exploiting a glitch in the game?

Did a rich guild feed him the goods to negotiate to the Future map? How would that help?

His city says Industrial so no Future Story Quests. Is just being on the Future map enough to get Future Side Quests?

Any thoughts or guesses?

Iwateguy

Major-General
hover.jpg

I forgot the screen shot.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Normally you can't get any higher then three eras ahead, but a glitch that Innogames have marked as "not a bug" allows you to get them from four eras ahead. No idea about six.

Iwateguy

Major-General
Visited the city a little earlier today. Industrial Town Hall.

The question also popped into my head: Using Hover Tanks against Industrial units in Battlegrounds, would one player be able to control the map all by himself? I can't imagine how that could be anything Inno would see as being good for the game. The player is in the top guild of one of the oldest worlds.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
I would say it could be done, if he hasn’t had to to any age related research in between Indy Age and FE story line quests

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
You can buy all the goods needed to unlock all the continents up to AF map you’ll need promethium for negotions once you reach that map, but can be bought for diamonds so not impossible

Iwateguy

Major-General
I would say it could be done, if he hasn’t had to to any age related research in between Indy Age and FE story line quests

It's not a question of whether or not it can be done. It's clear it can be done because I have seen the proof. As stated above, a player with a Town Hall in Industrial attacked my Industrial city with a Hover Tank from Future Era, six eras up.

Do any Mods have anything to say about this?

Knight of ICE

It's like Frizz says. Even an IA player can in theory conquer the map up until AF.

Iwateguy

Major-General
It's like Frizz says. Even an IA player can in theory conquer the map up until AF.

That's a poor choice of words as the player isn't "conquering" anything. It seems he's either buying his way across the map by spending a mountain of diamonds or his guild is feeding him the needed goods. Whichever it may turn out to be, I can't think of a better reason never to spend another penny on this game.

People often hold up the Arc as proof that Inno doesn't see game balance as anything important. Now that sentence has an exclamation point.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
That's a poor choice of words as the player isn't "conquering" anything. It seems he's either buying his way across the map by spending a mountain of diamonds or his guild is feeding him the needed goods. Whichever it may turn out to be, I can't think of a better reason never to spend another penny on this game.

People often hold up the Arc as proof that Inno doesn't see game balance as anything important. Now that sentence has an exclamation point.
Overall, what is the big deal here anyways? So what if someone spends a pile of money on diamonds so they get a game advantage to maybe access higher level military units. A person who spends real life dollars on diamonds means that person could also paying for you and numerous other people who choose to use the 'free' game method (and/or a few minor transactions to purchase your own diamonds). The person attacking you is in your neighborhood. Approximately every two weeks the neighborhoods get shuffled up and you get mostly new players in your neighborhood. So, if you are inconvenienced in any way because of his superior units defeating yours - it is only for a couple weeks, or maybe a couple more if the shuffle did not move him/her elsewhere. And, that player, at worst, can only attack and/or plunder you once every 24 hours.
So move on and play your game - ignore that player. If you lose a plunder of two because that player attacks you, reality is that is just your own problem/fault for not collecting your goods regularly. If you really feel there is a conspiracy and that player is targeting you for plunder, well .... no need to go there.
End of the day - others who spend money to play their style of game help to pay for you to play a game without paying. There are more than enough people that have more money than brains in the world, and one way or another, you will always find yourself on the losing side to one of them. Accept it, that is life.

Iwateguy

Major-General
Well, the big deal is NOT plundering which is why I never mentioned the word. As it happens, the attacker only succeeded in stealing pixels once.

The big deal is game balance (or lack of same).

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
The game is balanced, just not your thinking,, as much as the big players are very strong and have advanced units and super cities, they are only using the tools Inno have provided for them and yourself, if you have chosen a path and suffer for it then so be it, live and learn start a new world with all the knowledge you have picked up from smarter players

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Reviving this thread as I have no idea how an InA player could get a Hover Tank.
I am in Progressive Era and I,ve conquered continent map all the way to the end of PME, but, in storyline, I've reached a questblocker which requires me to research two very last PME military techs. So, this brings two questions:
1. Is there a post-PME bonus questline where I can get Hover Tank as reward?
2. Is there any way to get Hover Tank while in lower era without actually getting it from quest?

EDIT: I will take a deeper look into this as I plan to stay in PE for a longer time, as soon as I find something out I will share the info with you.

Last edited: