• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Higher Damage Received

• Thread starter DeletedUser112520
  • Start date

DeletedUser112520

Hello there,

I fight regularly on a daily basis. I keep notes of how many troops I lose against certain players in my neighbourhood. I've fought several times today and have noticed that I am receiving a significantly higher amount of damage compared to previous days. My boosts have not been reduced in any way and the neighbours I am fighting against don't seem to have extra boosts either, from what I can recall. I use auto-battle 99% of the time. Players that I usually lose 0 troops against are killing 5 or more of my troops so something doesn't seem right at all.

I just wanted to raise the issue in case there is some sort of bug occurring? Or has something been tweaked? Maybe a problem with the auto-battle feature and you've possibly tweaked that? Who knows....I've just noticed a huge difference today.

Your help will be much appreciated with this query.

DeletedUser112861

Hello there,

I fight regularly on a daily basis. I keep notes of how many troops I lose against certain players in my neighbourhood. I've fought several times today and have noticed that I am receiving a significantly higher amount of damage compared to previous days. My boosts have not been reduced in any way and the neighbours I am fighting against don't seem to have extra boosts either, from what I can recall. I use auto-battle 99% of the time. Players that I usually lose 0 troops against are killing 5 or more of my troops so something doesn't seem right at all.

I just wanted to raise the issue in case there is some sort of bug occurring? Or has something been tweaked? Maybe a problem with the auto-battle feature and you've possibly tweaked that? Who knows....I've just noticed a huge difference today.

The damage you receive depends on terrain, bonuses and how the AI controls the defending army

Attachments

• Forge of Empires - Google Chrome 2_04_2018 2_18_27 PM.png
    Forge of Empires - Google Chrome 2_04_2018 2_18_27 PM.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 83

DeletedUser112745

The damage you receive depends on terrain, bonuses and how the AI controls the defending army
This is correct.

• There are terrain bonuses to take into account, for example archers in mountains do extra damage.
  • There are defence bonuses available in the tavern.
  • There are regular buildings that give defence bonuses.
  • The AI In autobattles still isn’t as smart as a human, for example it’s probably putting your infantry in the range of enemy ranged units. Whereas in a manual battle I would try to avoid that to give myself an advantage.
  • It’s also dependent on the troops you send. For example LMA Longbows are vulnerable to mounted units. So if you have a lot of Longbows vs mounted units, yes you’ll lose a few.

DeletedUser96901

It’s also dependent on the troops you send.
and the troops of the enemy

he only says he fights against the same people
but not against the same troops

sometimes people change their defense to kill more attackers

only with exact stats we can help

for example
8 slingers (6%) against 8 spearfighters (0%) 1 lost

DeletedUser112520

Thank you for the responses. In some cases, I was fighting the same armies and the players wasn't changing troops (I make specific notes of people I battle with). It could have been an extreme bad run of bad terrain (which suit their armies better) but it just seemed so odd that it happened with several battles. Me going from losing 0 troops (with some damage to troops) from 5 or more being killed is very abnormal. It wasn't just one or two battles. It was so out of place and sudden.

Anyway, today, I have opted to use a boost and Rogues as I don't want to risk losing so many troops in one single battle. Next time I fight without Rogues, I'll try keeping more specific notes so that I can add more detail for you. As mentioned above, could have been an extreme run of bad terrains but so many times in a row? With also losing a significant number of troops compared to normally? Just seems weird :/

Thanks again for your replies, guys :)