• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

High Middle Ages in record time

DeletedUser

by collecting coins/labor I get +- 600 coin and 400 labor/15 mins so thats 13-14 points/h being well active. Winning just one battle gets me 2000-3000 battle points which results in +- 50 points gained. You can say it takes longer to build troops but if you have several buildings of each type and don't lose a lot of troops in battles this provides a better point income. The number 2 attacks like every 79 other players in his neighbourhood which gets him almost 5 points a battle (240 battle points if not taken any dmg but isn't hard if you have short/long range units).
The reason you got that many points is a combination of rather far progression in sectors + you got a lot of expansions which allows you to build a lot more buildings which gives some points. I swear roads give too many points :p

resources are the #1 importance in your score because they contribute to two parts of your score: collection and buildings.

I have similar collection to you but I've purchased a ton of forge points with coin, so my tech tree looks like this: http://prntscr.com/ae3ye

And faster tech means you get higher point valued buildings sooner.

DeletedUser

nobody forces you to admire the top ranked players' cities. if you take your rank to heart, that's your choice :)

Well said. However, it would be a bit more fair if it didn't take only money to get to the top / fast advance.

DeletedUser

I agree, but I'm fairly sure this is why they changed the point system and added rankings that focused on the top.

1. point system now encourages buying diamonds by granting instant gratification by letting them buy high-point valued buildings. Whereas before, you at least had to COLLECT from your buildings to become high ranked.
2. rankings show off the top players' cities. If you aspire to be a top player, the idea gets in your head that you need to buy diamonds in order to do so.

That being said, I'm still happy they added a ranking system. I'm not terribly thrilled by the new point system, but whatever.