• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Hide Buildings Option

DeletedUser14782

Proposal: Have buttons for hiding/showing a building.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes, no dupes.

Reason: When you are rearranging your city(mostly selling stuff) it would be a big help to be able to hide a buildings graphics, and just show the place it occupies in red squares. Plus, it removes a lot of the frustration of accidentally selling stuff due to the small "sellboxes" of decorations and other stuff like that.

Details: When you select the hide button and click on a building, its graphics are removed and the squares which the building occupies are highlighted in red. When you click the show button and click on a building, the buildings graphics are restored.

Visual Aids:
hsfihodoeew.png

Balance:

Abuse Prevention: No abuse that I can think of.

Summary:

DeletedUser15432

I quite like this idea but I think it might have already been suggested, this would enhance the game and enable players to see if they have replaced all of a road type with the more up to date version, because, sometimes, an odd bit of older road gets left behind, +1 from me

DeletedUser97579

+1
I've quite often had to enter the "move building" stage just to hover it out of the way to see what's hiding behind it.

DeletedUser

I'm nearly sure that a 'grid view' toggle for making placing buildings easier has been suggested in the past so not sure if this would fall under the same category of making things easier in city building?

+1 from me though

DeletedUser96867

+1 Instead of a picking buildings on a 1 by 1 bases to hide, another alternative would be to allow a 2D view of a city instead of the 3D view. This might also have the added bonus if you could select this option for doing polivation to speed up and reduce game crashes. If anything the game lag/crashes seems to have gotten worse with the last couple updates.

DeletedUser2989

This would definitly be useful, buildings are getting bigger and it's getting harder to see around them! All for it.

DeletedUser

It's difficult to see small bits of path lurking behind large buildings and click on the exact spot required to get rid of them, so this would be a useful update.