• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Hero's Tale

DeletedUser97579

Elvenar worked fine throughout. Several of us were using that to complain about the yoyo-effect of the servers here.
Please clarify what you meant by "All games".

DeletedUser15432

Tribal wars and Grepolis worked fine throughout, not playing that much on Elvenar due to tech tree issues so only log on every other day there so not sure about Elvenar

DeletedUser104545

I'm on quest number 7 which is to research a technology. What I find annoying is that if I want to complete this task, I need to move to a new era. I had planned on staying in the modern era until January but now I've got a choice to either do this task and get the rewards or stick to my original plan. I don't think conquering & researching should be part of these special quests personally..

Although I do appreciate them, I'm just disappointed I'll have to move up an era earlier than planned. Does anyone know what the remaining quests are?

DeletedUser15986

I'm on quest number 7 which is to research a technology. What I find annoying is that if I want to complete this task, I need to move to a new era. I had planned on staying in the modern era until January but now I've got a choice to either do this task and get the rewards or stick to my original plan. I don't think conquering & researching should be part of these special quests personally..

Although I do appreciate them, I'm just disappointed I'll have to move up an era earlier than planned. Does anyone know what the remaining quests are?

I had a similar issue a long while back, and decided it was worth the 600 diamond cost of researching Multi-Storey Houses back in EMA to stay in my era. (Progressive, at the time.)

Not sure I'd do the same for ME -> PME though, but that's up to you. :)

DeletedUser5180

Speakers corner does not display in my city when using iOS. The 9% attack boost is shown in army management.

I guess even getting a simple building to display is beyond the Dev team

Thrawnf

Corporal
Speakers corner does not display in my city when using iOS. The 9% attack boost is shown in army management.

+1

I check with Ipad and Iphone, the speaker corner is not display

It's just for information to the team

Thanks

DeletedUser15986

It'll need an in-game update as (as far as I'm aware) the buildings are offline resources so that they don't have to be downloaded every time the App is run. Same goes for Android, which is currently having its own issues as far as I'm aware. (I can't get the latest update to download on any of my android devices.)

DeletedUser104718

memorial event

Have a look at http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2015_Memorial_Event

DeletedUser5180

It'll need an in-game update as (as far as I'm aware) the buildings are offline resources so that they don't have to be downloaded every time the App is run. Same goes for Android, which is currently having its own issues as far as I'm aware. (I can't get the latest update to download on any of my android devices.)

i play on my lappy early morning and evening, then at work i use my iphone at work.... pretty much every day (including today) i had to download new content before i could play which was after placing the speakers corner in my city.

will edit this post after each ios 'download new content' or once it appears

DeletedUser14704

A fitting tribute to Anwar - RIP.

Would have liked to see more time though, with 2 day long Scouts and an enforced extra Province as there were not enough sectors left on the current one to do the 3x Infiltrate, time is just slipping away. If those 2 quests had come in reverse order, could have saved a couple of days and not had to fight 8x 2-stage battles against higher Era troops.
The server problems at the beginning of the event didn't help either, us night owls have enough problems with these things started during our 'sleep time', we're always playing catchup, sad to see the reset time for GvG being moved to mornings as well, it was the one 'feature' that actually worked in favour of our "timezone".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16126

7 days is mission impossible if you are in PE and you don't have Alcatraz. The provinces there are just way too big to be able to first scout it and then conquer them by fighting.

Blurt

Private
Wiffey147 initiated a An-War rememberance which is going to take place on the 18th -- all participants will don the An-War avatar and observe a 24 hour cease fire. It appears that this suggestion has gone viral across the worlds and servers. Suggest wiffey be rewarded in some fashion for this great idea.

How can we capture the number of players who change their avatars?

Sincerely, Blurt

DeletedUser12400

7 days is mission impossible if you are in PE and you don't have Alcatraz. The provinces there are just way too big to be able to first scout it and then conquer them by fighting.
I'm afraid I disagree with you. I've completed the event in all 14 worlds and without alcatraz. If you can't conquer province by fighting then try to negotiate.

DeletedUser2989

What is the exact time the event ends?

I unfortunately don't have an exact time to tell you but would expect that the event would end at roughly the same time it was intended to start. The CM's might be able to tell us with more certainty but in the end any "end time" would be subject to slight changes if something goes wrong.

Best advice is to try to finish all event quests well ahead of the end date and avoid any potential early closures.

DeletedUser16126

I'm afraid I disagree with you. I've completed the event in all 14 worlds and without alcatraz. If you can't conquer province by fighting then try to negotiate.
And how many of these worlds were in PE?

I unfortunately don't have an exact time to tell you but would expect that the event would end at roughly the same time it was intended to start.

And was the event really INTENDED to start so late in the afternoon????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98639

Our records indicate that the event will end 18.09.2015 09:00 server time.

I would follow Tankovy's suggestion to have all the quest completed well ahead of time.

I unfortunately don't have an exact time to tell you but would expect that the event would end at roughly the same time it was intended to start. The CM's might be able to tell us with more certainty but in the end any "end time" would be subject to slight changes if something goes wrong.

Best advice is to try to finish all event quests well ahead of the end date and avoid any potential early closures.

DeletedUser99588

Well actually none however i used progressive era units in modern era continent map.

To be fair that isn't a fair comparison. Industrial troops are not great against PE troops whereas I completed most of ME with PE troopswith one ME to get the points on the ME tower. However, those who play with some foresight would have left some Industrial bonus sectors/provinces to complete for events. All part of the strategy of the game.

DeletedUser16126

Well actually none however i used progressive era units in modern era continent map.

So you didn't face the problem of the XXL provinces together with the travel time.
It's quicker to take the first sectors in ME using PE troops, than finishing those XXL provinces.