• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Here is the utlimate proof why SAAB is just a bad age.

• Thread starter DeletedUser115071
  • Start date

DeletedUser115071

I will make you draw your own conclusions.

The only unit in SAAB is nails and nothing else matters.
Are they OP - yes, are the other units trash - yes they are.
There is no balance in this game anymore. Nor with events, nor with gbg, nor with anything.

The game FoE I knew was based on a neat tiny little principle which is rock, paper, scissors.
Yes the units are based on that principle. Actually in 99% of all games it is based on that even if at some they say fire, earth, water and air. It's just that simple - Rock beats Scissors, Scissors beat Paper and Paper beats Rock.
That mechanic is not even that... hard to implement but yet again since like OF we lost it.
Last age that that mechanic was The Future:
Hover Tank beats Drone Swarm, Drone Swarm beats Rail Gun and Rail Gun beats Hover Tank and there you have a thought process while in SAAB you just click on auto and pray that you kill those nails if you are against them...

Anyways, sorry for the rant and I hope this thread it taken seriously and not just like a rant that will be tossed asside because the devs don't want to admit that they have space for improving.

hm.PNG

hm2.PNG

You forgot sentinels beat nails! (I know they're SAM but I have a stack of them and they've proved useful)

For anything else, 4 nails and 4 rogues and just hit auto until I reach my attrition limit, occasionally use the artillery but nothing else

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

you forgot
world map and GEx can easily be done with units from the previous era :lol:

Cuthwolf

Captain
I agree about the SAAB imbalance. I guess the argument is that the developers want to support the story of the age: that very powerful and heavy mining equipment has been converted to military use. Personally I care little for the story and want a good mix of units.

DeletedUser115071

support the story of the age
Oh that's why 8 spears kill a SAAB tank, right... To support the story, right, I totally forgot :lol:

Who would win 5 inch thick steel or some 8boys with sticks?

(I love the humour in this thread :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nails are epic but as someone mentioned before their easily murdered with sentinels.. I do think it’s wrong that the flying unit in SAAB is no match for the SAM flying unit but what are you gonna do..? we can only hope for some better units when we go to Venus..
if anyone finds a use for drill rangers let me know.. those things are like glass hammers.. but they seem to have heavily nerfed the light units in recent eras they where pretty useless in SAM and VF too..

Galladhorn

Monarch
Yes I agree to the inital statement, SAAB units seem very unbalanced.
- as mentioned already above the 4 or somtimes 5 nails + rogues and Auto, is the about only thing that works.
At least those Nail units also have a pretty nice Avatar - Looks a bit like some 40K Eldar Corsairs in gold clothing :hide: .

– I find it hard to use any of the other SAAB units. E.g. In GbG when I add one Arti unit of SAAB togther with e.g SAM sniperbots it is always the SAAB unit that dies, it is simply better without it. Same goes for Heavies, 1 Heavy SAAB unit + Heavy Sam units setup and again the SAAB unit die.

On a second thought, perhaps it is what Inno has planned for the Space adventure – that only one or two units from each Era are "good" and players need to combine their army set up with units from different space Eras. It could make sense, only that is would be a deteriation or watering down of all the tech that needs to be done to get them all.

Last edited:

LastWarrior

Lieutenant Colonel
We tried to tell them this but alas it was not sorted very well, the units were originally even worse though \lol