• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Herb Merchant with wrong animation

Surge

Brigadier-General
  • World:Arvahall
  • Browser and Version: Latest Chrome
  • Overview of the bug: The Herb Merchant, when producing in any cycle, has an animation of a storage window thing moving from side to side. I have got to get me one of those!
  • Screenshots:

JdPsMeG.png

• How often this occurs: Always.
  • Urgency: Sort of low.
  • Preventative Actions: Don't use Herb Merchants?
  • Summary: Herb Merchants have the power to teleport their storage.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes. No.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: Yes.

DeletedUser97349

This has been reported to the developers.

Thanks surge :)

DeletedUser103845

Herb Merchant animation still wild

This has been reported to the developers.

Thanks surge :)

I'm seeing the same thing in my game in Cirgard right now with the Herb Merchant. This is filed under reported/fixed but it's on my screen with the moving window animation across the screen while herbs are under production. Also using Chrome, same as the original post.

DeletedUser97349

The reported prefix means that the issue has been sent to the developers; a fix is due in the next update :)

DeletedUser104680

found a fix for this by enabling hardware acceleration in setings menu :)

DeletedUser931

OK, it worked, but the game ran horribly. So much so, I have turned off the hardware acceleration again. The game is now running better, but the glitch is back.

DeletedUser97349

I'm afraid the next update is the earliest we are able to fix this; there is nothing else I am able to do at this stage. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

DeletedUser99588

I wonder why we get these repeat bugs. Surely once it has been fixed the first time then that should be it. Did it not show up on beta first or was this caused by a change not tested prior to going live?

DeletedUser97349

I wonder why we get these repeat bugs. Surely once it has been fixed the first time then that should be it. Did it not show up on beta first or was this caused by a change not tested prior to going live?

It was not picked up on beta due to it being a HA issue, and HA status on beta is non-optional. We are implementing a programme to pick these issues up more effectively which should be effective from the next update.

Issues can reoccur from time to time if a fix script is affected by subsequent updates, however we hope to be able to catch more of these issues moving forward.

DeletedUser99588

It was not picked up on beta due to it being a HA issue, and HA status on beta is non-optional. We are implementing a programme to pick these issues up more effectively which should be effective from the next update.

Issues can reoccur from time to time if a fix script is affected by subsequent updates, however we hope to be able to catch more of these issues moving forward.

Thanks for the feedback but there is a problem with beta if you don't have players playing without HA on. It means things are not being tested thoroughly as I imagine there is a large percentage of players on the live server who have to have HA switched of to play the game.

DeletedUser97349

We are aware of this issue with beta testing, which cannot be altered at present. We are however, as I mentioned, implementing a secondary testing programme to pick these issues up.

The problem posed by the HA option in testing has only recently fully come to light due to the improvements made in catching and fixing other issues. We are now in a position where for the last couple of updates, it has been HA related display issues which are making it through on to live servers. It is this that has made it clear to us that HA inactive testing must also be conducted, which we will be doing moving forward.