• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Help with an annoying "friend" please?

Forkin Line

Corporal
Hello everyone,
I am new here and don't have much of an idea what is going on just yet. LOL However I have a question that I hope somone can help me with.
I have a person on my friends bar that keeps invading my city every day. I have messaged her and asked her not to do this as I don't like to fight and her reply was that I don't understand it is a military game and I should go play Farmville. I told her I like this game but I would just like her to stop plundering my city every day. Many of my buildings are only making 2 products in 8 hours and it takes me ages to build up what I need. I just play for fun but she is making it hell for me. I told her if she leaves me alone I will help her every day as I was originally, but she just did it again today. QUESTION: Can I block her or put her off my friends bar in some way. I don't invite anyone onto it but they just are there. You may think I am a bit clueless - perhaps I am. I am 65 years old and just play this for fun. I help my neighbours and friends every single day, and always accept new friend requests, but this person is driving me nuts. Her player name is Ireth and she has a really big city, much bigger and more advanced than mine. Thank you in advance for any hints or things I can do. I don't have much of an army so attacking her just gets me defeated. Cheers to all. :)

Knight of ICE

Friends can not plunder you. Neighbours can. You can block them by using a city shield, bought in the Tavern. Otherwise all you can do is collect on time.

Cambyses II

Sergeant
If she is not in your neighbourhood just de- friend her from your friiends bar. If she is in your neighbourhood bar than you will have to wait for the fortnightly neighbourhood change and hope she has been removed.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
Hi Forkin Line, I'm really curious about your login name? What does that mean? :D

Listen to the advice of Knight of Ice and Cambyses as you do have options. Forge of Empires game starts out in an age in human history which was very basic and advances in time. When we consider that lets say for example we live in medieval times the world is war-like and so the game does revolve around conflict.

I tend to look at the economics side rather than just military views though when thinking about how the game is played. You do gain from building things but there are also costs involved, right? Therefore some of those costs to your city will be those invading armies. The main thing is to have fun with it. For example you could if you wanted to use an egg timer. You can even set it for 24 hour intervals so that you collect your goods before the invader can steal them? If you choose not to play the game like that you will learn to make decisions which are the most profitable for your city.

I want to touch on something briefly on what you wrote. If you can befriend your attacker, you won't be attacked. Otherwise you could ignore them. I think it is best not to try to negotiate with some players. - in my opinion. A player can not tell you to quite playing F.O.E. game and play another game like Farmville. I mean they can write this kind of thing but you don't have to listen to them. You can play the game anyway you like including like you would play Farmville. You will need however to think of attacks like donations to a terrorist group? :hide:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Hello everyone,
I am new here and don't have much of an idea what is going on just yet. LOL However I have a question that I hope somone can help me with.
I have a person on my friends bar that keeps invading my city every day. I have messaged her and asked her not to do this as I don't like to fight and her reply was that I don't understand it is a military game and I should go play Farmville. I told her I like this game but I would just like her to stop plundering my city every day. Many of my buildings are only making 2 products in 8 hours and it takes me ages to build up what I need. I just play for fun but she is making it hell for me. I told her if she leaves me alone I will help her every day as I was originally, but she just did it again today. QUESTION: Can I block her or put her off my friends bar in some way. I don't invite anyone onto it but they just are there. You may think I am a bit clueless - perhaps I am. I am 65 years old and just play this for fun. I help my neighbours and friends every single day, and always accept new friend requests, but this person is driving me nuts. Her player name is Ireth and she has a really big city, much bigger and more advanced than mine. Thank you in advance for any hints or things I can do. I don't have much of an army so attacking her just gets me defeated. Cheers to all. :)
If the person doesn't plunder you, you lose basically nothing. If person does plunder you, you have many ways to deal with it. These are some of them:
  1. Collect your productions right in time.
  2. If you cannot collect on time, build Galata Tower.
  3. Send a friend request to the player and hope that they will accept it.
  4. Buy the City Shield boost from Tavern.

Emberguard

Legend
Important: anything motivated is immune to plunder for the duration of the motivation

Crows Nest, Druids Temple and Statue of Honor are also Immune to Plunder and don’t require motivation to produce

Try to build your city around buildings that either can’t be plundered, or have the ability to be motivated. Aid your friends regularly as aided friends are more likely to return the favour of motivating your buildings.

Put your supply buildings on 8 or 24 hr productions. This’ll reduce the amount of Aid required per 24 hrs to stay protected. Only collect from your housing once per 24 hrs if you struggle to keep your city motivated. Remove Decorations and replace with Cultural Buildings, this’ll reduce the amount of Aid used up for the same amount of Happiness

Forkin Line

Corporal
Friends can not plunder you. Neighbours can. You can block them by using a city shield, bought in the Tavern. Otherwise all you can do is collect on time.
Thank you Knight of ICE. Do you mean the Tavern that we buy in our Building Menu? Or is it some other tavern? Sorry I haven't looked into much other than just my daily chores I do and improving my city through the game.

Forkin Line

Corporal
If she is not in your neighbourhood just de- friend her from your friiends bar. If she is in your neighbourhood bar than you will have to wait for the fortnightly neighbourhood change and hope she has been removed.
Thank you Cambyses ll, unfortunately she is a neighbour. I had the tabs around the wrong way. I thought the ones who asked to be accepted were neighbours, but they are friends. So this person is definitely NOT a friend. LOL. She has been there for a few weeks now, so I hope she goes on the next round. I have seen the people change at times, but did not realise it was something that happens fortnightly. I will pray. hehe.

Emberguard

Legend
Thank you Knight of ICE. Do you mean the Tavern that we buy in our Building Menu? Or is it some other tavern?
9EF9B4D7-0F98-4771-B6B4-725B67D4F26C.jpeg

unknown.png

Forkin Line

Corporal
Hi Forkin Line, I'm really curious about your login name? What does that mean? :D

Listen to the advice of Knight of Ice and Cambyses as you do have options. Forge of Empires game starts out in an age in human history which was very basic and advances in time. When we consider that lets say for example we live in medieval times the world is war-like and so the game does revolve around conflict.

I tend to look at the economics side rather than just military views though when thinking about how the game is played. You do gain from building things but there are also costs involved, right? Therefore some of those costs to your city will be those invading armies. The main thing is to have fun with it. For example you could if you wanted to use an egg timer. You can even set it for 24 hour intervals so that you collect your goods before the invader can steal them? If you choose not to play the game like that you will learn to make decisions which are the most profitable for your city.

I want to touch on something briefly on what you wrote. If you can befriend your attacker, you won't be attacked. Otherwise you could ignore them. I think it is best not to try to negotiate with some players. - in my opinion. A player can not tell you to quite playing F.O.E. game and play another game like Farmville. I mean they can write this kind of thing but you don't have to listen to them. You can play the game anyway you like including like you would play Farmville. You will need however to think of attacks like donations to a terrorist group? :hide:
Hi Janet,
well you see when I first decided to play this game I was (and still do) listening to an American called Patriot Streetfighter aka Scott McKay. I love him and his passion. At various intervals during his livestreams, he will say to those of us trying to change this horrific world for the better, "HOLD THE FORKIN LINE". Hence when I was asked to name my character, it was the first thing I thought of. LOL

I want to thank you for the sensitive way you have addressed my issue with this person. I did try to persuade her to leave me alone telling her I would help her every day if she leaves me alone, otherwise when she attacks me I won't help out. I said I could understand maybe once a month, particularly since she is so much further along in the game than I am, with a big city with many upgraded buildings. She didn't reply to that but when I came on the game the next day she had plundered me again and it was something I was desperate to collect. It just made me really angry which I don't like because I try to be nice to everyone, but as you say some people you just don't negotiate with. Sadly she seems to be a nasty person who wants to attack me simply because she can, so I will have to hope she disappears off my neighbour bar in the next round. I played Farmville years ago with a lovely friend from another state, but there were lots of problems and writing to the game creators did not fix because they just denied they were taking coins and products out of my cache or not awarding things when I had won them. So I gave it up as I hate theft/cheating/liars.

I also play a Wizards game which I love as it has bigger characters and you can do all kinds of things, but had to change computers and haven't uploaded it onto this one. Anyway, thanks again. I appreciated your post. :)

Forkin Line

Corporal
If the person doesn't plunder you, you lose basically nothing. If person does plunder you, you have many ways to deal with it. These are some of them:
  1. Collect your productions right in time.
  2. If you cannot collect on time, build Galata Tower.
  3. Send a friend request to the player and hope that they will accept it.
  4. Buy the City Shield boost from Tavern.
Thank you PeePee Pleb,
your information is very helpful to me. Unfortunately I am in Australia so she seems to be on the other end of the World and plunders me while I am sleeping. I think I will not produce anything when I go to bed and she can only then plunder my globe which is 15 coins. Good luck to her. ;)

Emberguard

Legend
Thank you Emberguard,
:o they don't last very long for the amount you have to pay for them, do they? I will have a go. Thank you. :blush:
Once you fully upgrade your tavern if you can empty your Tavern twice a day and visit your friends taverns regularly you’ll probably have enough silver to put up a 3 day shield once a week.

That’ll protect your city for just under half a week every week.

Forkin Line

Corporal
Once you fully upgrade your tavern if you can empty your Tavern twice a day and visit your friends taverns regularly you’ll probably have enough silver to put up a 3 day shield once a week.

That’ll protect your city for just under half a week every week.
Thank you Emberguard,
I don't have a great lot of friends who do visit me daily. Between 12 and 20 come in 24 hours, out of the 60 friends I have. But I will persevere. I'm not a quitter. Thanks for the great tips. :blush:

1. As far as goods production goes - produce only the goods you can boost. You get the boost for goods production bldgs. from the campaign map. Then trade those for the goods you can't produce at the boosted amount in the market. Build as many Goods Bldgs. as you can of the boosted ones. This helps to offset plundered losses.

2. Collect all your incidents - the little flashy things around the outside of your city and on roads. They give goods, supplies, and coins. They really add up if you can collect them everyday. Great for new players.

3. Because this is a battle game, build the Temple of Relics & do the GE battles. You will collect all kinds of goodies - including goods bldgs. like the tribal square. You'll need to do battles here, but level 1 of GE isn't too difficult to complete. Doing Negotiation in GE will defeat the purpose of gaining goods and may deplete your stock - Note the first couple of them in GE level one are super easy to do.

4. Don't continue to age up until you are ready for it - you will only encounter more Plunderers.
► This one is a bit more difficult to determine. For me in the early ages: I didn't age up until I had 5000 of each good. I did negotiates all the way thru the campaign maps.

Good Luck & may the Force be with you!

btw, don't message attackers and plunderers - it only inspires them to attack you even more - They know it gets under your skin - they will get their fun out of that.

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Thank you PeePee Pleb,
your information is very helpful to me. Unfortunately I am in Australia so she seems to be on the other end of the World and plunders me while I am sleeping. I think I will not produce anything when I go to bed and she can only then plunder my globe which is 15 coins. Good luck to her. ;)
You're welcome mate :D
Hold off until the next neighborhood change, chances are high that you won't have that player in your hood and that you will potentially be peaceful for 2 weeks at least