• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Help with an annoying "friend" please?

Forkin Line

Corporal
1. As far as goods production goes - produce only the goods you can boost. You get the boost for goods production bldgs. from the campaign map. Then trade those for the goods you can't produce at the boosted amount in the market. Build as many Goods Bldgs. as you can of the boosted ones. This helps to offset plundered losses.

2. Collect all your incidents - the little flashy things around the outside of your city and on roads. They give goods, supplies, and coins. They really add up if you can collect them everyday. Great for new players.

3. Because this is a battle game, build the Temple of Relics & do the GE battles. You will collect all kinds of goodies - including goods bldgs. like the tribal square. You'll need to do battles here, but level 1 of GE isn't too difficult to complete. Doing Negotiation in GE will defeat the purpose of gaining goods and may deplete your stock - Note the first couple of them in GE level one are super easy to do.

4. Don't continue to age up until you are ready for it - you will only encounter more Plunderers.
► This one is a bit more difficult to determine. For me in the early ages: I didn't age up until I had 5000 of each good. I did negotiates all the way thru the campaign maps.

Good Luck & may the Force be with you!

btw, don't message attackers and plunderers - it only inspires them to attack you even more - They know it gets under your skin - they will get their fun out of that.
Thank you King of Kool,
I really appreciate your suggestions. I do collect all my little incidents and have been pleasantly surprised each time.
I have plenty of coins, it's the supplies I have trouble building. It costs so much to buy new buildings, and at the moment I have just been able to start upgrading my houses to Gambrel Roof Houses in the Colonial Age. Heaps of supplies to get each one, then an 8.5hr wait for them to grow. My city isn't all that big as I have trouble buying new land or getting the upgrades or prizes, but I am not complaining. Just trying to be a bit more fair to everyone, but I just checked and that same girl has plundered me again after I helped on her city today.
Forkin Lines City - Sept 7th 2021.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
@Forkin Line I think you have a somewhat bigger problem there then the actual plunderer.

You could easily free up a third, perhaps even double the space available just by rearranging your city layout.

Forkin Line

Corporal
You're welcome mate :D
Hold off until the next neighborhood change, chances are high that you won't have that player in your hood and that you will potentially be peaceful for 2 weeks at least
Oh thanks.
Well it's Tuesday in Australia and I don't know if the neighbours are changing or not, but the cow did it again, and after I helped her out too. That's the end of my service to her. Thanks for the support. It is much appreciated. :)

Forkin Line

Corporal
@Forkin Line I think you have a somewhat bigger problem there then the actual plunderer.

You could easily free up a third, perhaps even double the space available just by rearranging your city layout.
I'm always looking for new ways to make better use of my space, but it doesn't come easy. I'm 65 and my skills at cryptic puzzles are waning. LOL

Emberguard

Legend
I'm always looking for new ways to make better use of my space, but it doesn't come easy. I'm 65 and my skills at cryptic puzzles are waning. LOL
See where I've placed red lines? Try putting down roads in a similar fashion.

1631016772866.png

Building Orientation.
Shortest end of the building facing the road where possible
unknown.png

Rows of roads should only touch one side of a building
unknown.png

End of Roads

Place your largest buildings at the end / edges,
unknown.png

unknown.png

-OR- a 1x1 piece at the end of roads
unknown.png

unknown.png

Town Hall. Roads don't need to encircle the building. It only needs the road to branch off
unknown.png

Janet Devlin

Corporal
I think I will always maintain an issuance of a public notice with the original post on the roll of taunting. I agree that plundering is part of the game. Let us not remove plundering or that thread but rather take notice of it. I don't ask for change, nor cry tears of remorse but rather regard its contentious nature. I've plundered too but made my position clear. You are either with me or against me. Friend or foe. Is it not better to give those who can be easily be defeated a choice?

Honour roll indeed!

Henry V renewed war on a larger scale in 1417 without relaxing his warlike approach. He quickly conquered Normandy and the Rouen was cut off from Paris and besieged. It cast an even darker shadow on his reputation with his order to slay the French prisoners at Agincourt. In Rouen starving and unable to support the women and children of the town they were forced out through the gates believing that Henry would allow them to pass through his army unmolested. However, Henry refused to allow this, and the expelled women and children died of starvation in the ditches surrounding the town.

Would you agree that was some role model to start a topic with? By all means keep plundering for fun in this war-like game but dearest little plunders your only bragging rights is the ability to conquer the weak unless in your conquest your s'opposer is equally matched or continues to attack you.

@Forkin Line I gained a few tips by reading your thread and now know what to do in the game to play more defensively though I sometimes think when I'm having a bad day that I would like to change my strategy towards attacking just to vent some frustrations as I steal and pillage my enemies.

In the end it's just a game thank goodness though I do sometimes like writing about it too. :)

Forkin Line

Corporal
See where I've placed red lines? Try putting down roads in a similar fashion.

View attachment 23919

Building Orientation.
Shortest end of the building facing the road where possible
unknown.png

Rows of roads should only touch one side of a building
unknown.png

End of Roads

Place your largest buildings at the end / edges,
unknown.png

unknown.png

-OR- a 1x1 piece at the end of roads
unknown.png

unknown.png

Town Hall. Roads don't need to encircle the building. It only needs the road to branch off
unknown.png
Ahhh Emberguard, you are indeed a Legend!
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will have a go at it with something like your suggestions and if I get it looking better I will post a new pic for you. I so much appreciate the time and effort you took to help me out.
Love and Light to you my dear. :D

Knight of ICE

Don't want to be cruel here, but that city is the perfect example of everything you can do wrong in this game. It is rather obvious you are rushing, so you are the perfect target for everyone in Colonial, but apart from that there does not seem to be any idea behind it. A Snowglobe???? Bronze Age buildings in Colonial???? Iron Age buildings???? If you start with removing the trash, you will have plenty of space to start building a much stronger city.

Forkin Line

Corporal
Don't want to be cruel here, but that city is the perfect example of everything you can do wrong in this game. It is rather obvious you are rushing, so you are the perfect target for everyone in Colonial, but apart from that there does not seem to be any idea behind it. A Snowglobe???? Bronze Age buildings in Colonial???? Iron Age buildings???? If you start with removing the trash, you will have plenty of space to start building a much stronger city.
Yes well after I got some wonderful help from Emberguard who didn't criticize me but showed me how to structure things a bit differently, I have worked on it and it is a project in the works, as they say. I've already got some more room. There are buildings I have to keep because I still need the supplies. I went into this a while ago with absolutely no idea how to play the game and have just sort of bumbled my way through as I have played it. I will get there, I'm not a quitter. Some buildings I am not sure if I have to keep or not like the theatre and the public bath, aquaduct, and triumphal arch for instance. Anyway, it looks much better and I've already bought one new building that will help out a lot and have more room to add to those. I'm keeping some paths just now to see where I need to expand as soon as I get the 2 new land plots in the near future.
Forkin Lines City - Sept 8th 2021.png

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
A few additional suggestions if you do not mind.

Take your Town Hall out of the top corner and place it more towards the middle - remember, you only need it to connect roads from the T.H, to whichever direction you are wanting. In the corner like that, it loses some of its usefulness in this regard.
Culture buildings, such as Theatre, Bath and so on, are only really needed to ensure you have the 120% happiness (which helps you with your coins and supplies inventory). If you have culture buildings that provide much more than that, you are getting nothing from it, and they are usually just using up prime real estate. As you go on, you will find many of the special Event Buildings will provide population and happiness (as well as other buildings), so the Culture and Residential buildings will all eventually be eliminated (unless there is 1 or 2 you want to keep for aesthetic reasons)
The excess roads you have, are very minimal cost and might as well delete them, as you may feel you do not have enough space for newish or other buildings. If you need to build more roads, it will be easy and no real cost - as you age up further, you will find you will have millions and billions of excess coins and supplies - just at the start you want to build up a safe # of these (but later, they will be spilling all over!!).
Try to do the Cultural Settlements, especially Japanese, as it will eventually (as you get all the upgrades) will provide you 50 goods daily (which cannot be plundered!) and you will find you can reduce Goods production, freeing up more space. Other Cultural settlements will help improve various combat stats.

And whatever you do - slow down. FoE is a game built to be played over the long, long, long time. Take it slow, level up Great Buildings as you get them (the Oracle you have currently, as a starter GB, Great Building, is one of the less valuable), get a Zeus up and running if you can (smaller building, but first 10 levels will greatly improve your attacking defense and offense stats both).

I do not know if you are in a guild or not - but if not, find one that caters to newish players and participate in the weekly Guild Expedition. You might only be able to do level 1 or 2 - but that is okay. Ask your guild for help if you need the Temple of Relics blueprints and build that and get a few levels on it - you could find some nice rewards each week. Use the in-game Wiki to see what the various GBs (such as ToR, i.e. Temple of Relics and Zeus, i.e. Statue of Zeus) offers you at each level, so you can decide how much you want to level it up, or determine its priority for your style.

Forkin Line

Corporal
A few additional suggestions if you do not mind.

Take your Town Hall out of the top corner and place it more towards the middle - remember, you only need it to connect roads from the T.H, to whichever direction you are wanting. In the corner like that, it loses some of its usefulness in this regard.
Culture buildings, such as Theatre, Bath and so on, are only really needed to ensure you have the 120% happiness (which helps you with your coins and supplies inventory). If you have culture buildings that provide much more than that, you are getting nothing from it, and they are usually just using up prime real estate. As you go on, you will find many of the special Event Buildings will provide population and happiness (as well as other buildings), so the Culture and Residential buildings will all eventually be eliminated (unless there is 1 or 2 you want to keep for aesthetic reasons)
The excess roads you have, are very minimal cost and might as well delete them, as you may feel you do not have enough space for newish or other buildings. If you need to build more roads, it will be easy and no real cost - as you age up further, you will find you will have millions and billions of excess coins and supplies - just at the start you want to build up a safe # of these (but later, they will be spilling all over!!).
Try to do the Cultural Settlements, especially Japanese, as it will eventually (as you get all the upgrades) will provide you 50 goods daily (which cannot be plundered!) and you will find you can reduce Goods production, freeing up more space. Other Cultural settlements will help improve various combat stats.

And whatever you do - slow down. FoE is a game built to be played over the long, long, long time. Take it slow, level up Great Buildings as you get them (the Oracle you have currently, as a starter GB, Great Building, is one of the less valuable), get a Zeus up and running if you can (smaller building, but first 10 levels will greatly improve your attacking defense and offense stats both).

I do not know if you are in a guild or not - but if not, find one that caters to newish players and participate in the weekly Guild Expedition. You might only be able to do level 1 or 2 - but that is okay. Ask your guild for help if you need the Temple of Relics blueprints and build that and get a few levels on it - you could find some nice rewards each week. Use the in-game Wiki to see what the various GBs (such as ToR, i.e. Temple of Relics and Zeus, i.e. Statue of Zeus) offers you at each level, so you can decide how much you want to level it up, or determine its priority for your style.
Thank you so very much Paladiac The Pure,
what great information for me to go ahead. You know, I thought we were supposed to advance as fast as possible, hence I have been breaking my neck to get enough of the needed items to complete quests, buy buildings and complete the various chores in the game. I do participate in the Guild Expedition but I did not realise it was so important to gain extra benefits. I shall do so more in future. As for the expansions on the Continent map, I have been trying hard to complete those as it enables more supplies when you hit one expansion with a supply attached, but I still have to get some higher level soldiers as I generally have a win then one or two defeats in the day when I play. I'm doing the Mughal Empire at the moment and I notice the next one is Aztecs. I have just started on Industrial Age. I do have a Zeus so I am trading supplies for him now. Hopefully I can get him going tomorrow. :o) I'm happy!
I very much appreciate your help, thank you.
Happy Mouse.jpg

Forkin Line

Corporal
I think I will always maintain an issuance of a public notice with the original post on the roll of taunting. I agree that plundering is part of the game. Let us not remove plundering or that thread but rather take notice of it. I don't ask for change, nor cry tears of remorse but rather regard its contentious nature. I've plundered too but made my position clear. You are either with me or against me. Friend or foe. Is it not better to give those who can be easily be defeated a choice?

Honour roll indeed!

Henry V renewed war on a larger scale in 1417 without relaxing his warlike approach. He quickly conquered Normandy and the Rouen was cut off from Paris and besieged. It cast an even darker shadow on his reputation with his order to slay the French prisoners at Agincourt. In Rouen starving and unable to support the women and children of the town they were forced out through the gates believing that Henry would allow them to pass through his army unmolested. However, Henry refused to allow this, and the expelled women and children died of starvation in the ditches surrounding the town.

Would you agree that was some role model to start a topic with? By all means keep plundering for fun in this war-like game but dearest little plunders your only bragging rights is the ability to conquer the weak unless in your conquest your s'opposer is equally matched or continues to attack you.

@Forkin Line I gained a few tips by reading your thread and now know what to do in the game to play more defensively though I sometimes think when I'm having a bad day that I would like to change my strategy towards attacking just to vent some frustrations as I steal and pillage my enemies.

In the end it's just a game thank goodness though I do sometimes like writing about it too. :)
Thank you Janet,
yes I agree with what you said about the plunderers claim to fame. Not much of a way to feel in my opinion. Proud of stealing and making others destitute. I thought we left that behind with the Dark ages. Oh well, it's a game and I have to accept the bad with the good I guess. LOL
Glad you got some helpful advice too for your own game.

Always have fun! There is too much sadness and frustration out there in old 3D world to feel it in here too. That's why I play this. To me I get a lot of calmness out of it because I just play what I like. I don't attack others and just wander around my merry way, and help my neighbours and friends daily. The lovely people in here have given me some great ideas so I am sure I will have more enjoyment from the game now.
I hope you do too.
HOLD THE FORKIN LINE, JANET! LOL Cheers, Shauna xx

Knight of ICE

Yes well after I got some wonderful help from Emberguard who didn't criticize me but showed me how to structure things a bit differently, I have worked on it and it is a project in the works, as they say. I've already got some more room.

Your problem isn't structure. Your problem is the fast amount of totally useless buildings you have and the fact you rushed the game in an extreme way.

- Snow Globe.
- Theater
- Public Bath
- Triumphal Arch
- Farm
- Granite Mason
- Saltworks
- Decorations
- Low level special buildings

The list goes on and on and there is no nice way to tell you that you have messed up in a big way. Starting on Industrial Age will only make it worse. You have two options now. Staying in Colonial and trying to salvage that city, or start a new city on a new world and learn from the mistakes you made. I would opt for the last one. The advise you have been given is way more usefull when starting a new city then still trying to make something of this. It is if you want to accomplish something in the game. If however you like the way you are doing things now and are fine with it, just forget what I am saying. Just except you will be plundered a lot and will meet players much stronger than you in the age you are in.

I have just started on Industrial Age
Probably not the smartest thing to do if you were already struggling to keep up in Colonial.
Slow down. Build and level the basic GB's, stockpile resources and boost your strength until you're ready to face the challenges of the higher eras.
Join an established guild that can help you with resources and experienced advice. Take part in guild activities like GE and GBG.
Socialize, make friends. It's a very social game - if you want it to be. Teamwork is important. Players work together in many different ways and help each other to grow and progress.

Forkin Line

Corporal
Your problem isn't structure. Your problem is the fast amount of totally useless buildings you have and the fact you rushed the game in an extreme way.

- Snow Globe.
- Theater
- Public Bath
- Triumphal Arch
- Farm
- Granite Mason
- Saltworks
- Decorations
- Low level special buildings

The list goes on and on and there is no nice way to tell you that you have messed up in a big way. Starting on Industrial Age will only make it worse. You have two options now. Staying in Colonial and trying to salvage that city, or start a new city on a new world and learn from the mistakes you made. I would opt for the last one. The advise you have been given is way more usefull when starting a new city then still trying to make something of this. It is if you want to accomplish something in the game. If however you like the way you are doing things now and are fine with it, just forget what I am saying. Just except you will be plundered a lot and will meet players much stronger than you in the age you are in.
Thank You!

Forkin Line

Corporal
Probably not the smartest thing to do if you were already struggling to keep up in Colonial.
Slow down. Build and level the basic GB's, stockpile resources and boost your strength until you're ready to face the challenges of the higher eras.
Join an established guild that can help you with resources and experienced advice. Take part in guild activities like GE and GBG.
Socialize, make friends. It's a very social game - if you want it to be. Teamwork is important. Players work together in many different ways and help each other to grow and progress.
Thank you! I will slow down a bit once I have these two new land pieces. I've gone backwards a bit trying to build some supplies as was suggested to me earlier and then I will be able to bring my Zeus etc onto the game. I have three buildings I can use so just need the supplies to bring them into my city. I do the GE's. Can you tell me what GBG's are please? Thanks for your suggestions.

Burpo

Sergeant
Thank you! I will slow down a bit once I have these two new land pieces. I've gone backwards a bit trying to build some supplies as was suggested to me earlier and then I will be able to bring my Zeus etc onto the game. I have three buildings I can use so just need the supplies to bring them into my city. I do the GE's. Can you tell me what GBG's are please? Thanks for your suggestions.
Another suggestion for supplies is to build the Lighthouse of Alexandria GB.
It has a small footprint and provides goods and a supplies boost.

Burpo

Sergeant
Also, whenever an event is on and you have a chance to get a Sleigh Builder or a Sunken Treasure, snap them up.
They are terrific goods buildings which will not cost you supplies. And they are both small.