• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Help needed with Mars/Asteroid base planning

Miles Teg

Private
I will be moving to SAM in a few weeks and I was thinking about the following strategy:

Building only housing on Mars in order to get as many Mars credits as possible in order to have max daily explorations. I would be producing all the Mars goods on Earth through Terrace Farms, Mills and event buildings (of which I have a lot).

Is this a viable strategy for SAM and later for SAAB? Am I missing something by doing it like this?

PS I will have a starting stockpile of SAM good of at least 5000 units for each type of goods. Mars maps are already explored.

Forwandert

Major-General
Yes very viable, All I did for any of them, built up a mil or so tokens and then didn't look at them again.

One other thing you are best doing is looking forward at what special goods are needed for the eras after and produce enough of each era special goods to avoid building synthesizers on each era before advancing up again too.

That's what I did in SAM and SAAB as well. Only residentials in the Colony, and then get goods from event buildings, rewards etc. In SAV, though, I also have some goods buildings in the Colony.
I recommend completing the maps before aging up. You get resources (goods) for techs etc from the map rewards, and you can rush trough the map quests from the story/side quest lines.

Last edited:
I just moved up to SAM and I have plentiful coins and supplies, so my question is, is there any reason to make my colony happy? Without the colony's happiness affecting the amount of mars ore it costs to produce goods, it seems as though it is better to have residences for credits and goods buildings only. Thoughts?

I just moved up to SAM and I have plentiful coins and supplies, so my question is, is there any reason to make my colony happy? Without the colony's happiness affecting the amount of mars ore it costs to produce goods, it seems as though it is better to have residences for credits and goods buildings only. Thoughts?
No need for "happiness" (Life Support) in the colonies if you have plenty of coins and supplies.
You really only need residentials in the colony. You can get goods from buildings in the main city, from rewards etc.