• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Healthy army

• Thread starter DeletedUser97579
  • Start date

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97579

Now the devs have their new environment - is it time to start with the requests again? :)

Proposal:

"Make my army healthy" buton.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

There are multiple requests for "sort by healthy" or similar. This is the first (I think) for "just give me an army".

Reason:

The current "Find the live one" is a mess. There are suggestions for sorting by health - which would be great - but this is an alternative / addition to those requests.

Details / Visual Aids:

If you have an army with damaged units - a little hospital icon appears:

qJrvwP4.png

Upon clicking it:

g6ALMdq.png

Your army is replenished with the healthiest available units from your current stock.
I would suggest that the logic is:
- If possible, match the existing attached/unattached balance
- If attached/unattached matching isn't possible - just put the healthiest units in
- If the army is already the healthiest option, disable the icon (as in the second screenshot)

Balance:

*edit
Sigh ... removed my current balance. Loud whooshing sound

Abuse Prevention / Summary:

Providing everybody has the functionality - it doesn't really affect the balance of play. It does, however, cut out the frustration of having to sift through a scroll bar of "randomly jumping once you've selected one" healthy units.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Interesting, so even if you're switching armies to a different set up, you can still just select the first 8 units (regardless of their health), then use swap option to get the healthiest that way.

+1 from me :)

DeletedUser97579

That'd be the plan. Just set up the arrangement you want then get the game to give you the best troops to fit.

DeletedUser12146

But what happens when your army dies in a battle, and you come back to army management screen and click that icon? Will it select the soldier that died?

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
But what happens when your army dies in a battle, and you come back to army management screen and click that icon? Will it select the soldier that died?

From what I have understood is that you just select the first unit you can see / want and click on the hospital / swap button it will auto change if that selected unit is damaged one into an healthy unit ... It does not select dead units but just swaps a healthy available unit with any damaged unit.

I don't pay so much coins
and sure not even 1 diamond for it

Where's anything about diamonds and paying coins ?? The idea is only about selecting healthy units from your available pool easily / auto for the battle ... From what i have understood you can go ahead even selecting the damaged units and that one Hospital button will swap any damaged units you have selected into the available healthier units... Currently we have to go looking for them manually in-between the fights ... Its a very very tedious thing to do specially on slower computers and when we have got a huge loads of damaged units...

I guess the Op meant it as a joke about the balance being disrupted with so many coins / diamonds ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser99588

From what I have understood is that you just select the first unit you can see / want and click on the hospital / swap button it will auto change if that selected unit is damaged one into an healthy unit ... It does not select dead units but just swaps a healthy available unit with any damaged unit.

Where's anything about diamonds and paying coins ?? The idea is only about selecting healthy units from your available pool easily / auto for the battle ... From what i have understood you can go ahead even selecting the damaged units and that one Hospital button will swap any damaged units you have selected into the available healthier units... Currently we have to go looking for them manually in-between the fights ... Its a very very tedious thing to do specially on slower computers and when we have got a huge loads of damaged units...

I guess the Op meant it as a joke about the balance being disrupted with so many coins / diamonds ...

Unfortunately there is no way of predicting whether the developers would appreciate it as a joke or if the OP actually meant it as one. Ideas are forwarded as written so therefore as I do not agree with the Balance section of the idea it will be a ......

-1 from me.

DeletedUser97579

Hmm ... nice thought.
Finding units isn't so much of an issue as they are sorted - it's finding the healthy ones that's the problem. My initial thought was to just select one and then let it find the healthiest combo.
One possibility is a "revive" 3rd button that would try to replicate your previously selected army?

Unfortunately there is no way of predicting whether the developers would appreciate it as a joke or if the OP actually meant it as one. Ideas are forwarded as written so therefore as I do not agree with the Balance section of the idea it will be a ......

-1 from me.

Sigh .... initial post edited.

DeletedUser2989

I like the idea, I'm assuming that the only thing that the button can change about your "selected" army (aside from swapping in and our healthy and wounded units) is the attached/unattached composition and not the actual type of unit. Thus using the units in the image as an example, if you only had wounded stealth tanks available the button would grey out and not swap them out for some undamaged champs.

I'm thinking that perhaps the "hospital" icon would be miss-leading and people might think it's healing the units and not swapping them. Perhaps a simpler "swap" icon could be used with a hover pop-up that briefly explains "swapping out wounded for healthiest troops" would be less confusing?

Still +1, a sort by health option might still be preferable...

DeletedUser97579

I'm assuming that the only thing that the button can change about your "selected" army (aside from swapping in and our healthy and wounded units) is the attached/unattached composition and not the actual type of unit.

Yep - that's the plan. It will only replace with similar units. If you have damaged (but slightly healthier than the current army) then it would swap those in. If you have the healthiest available (or indeed no replacement troops) then the button would be disabled.

I'm thinking that perhaps the "hospital" icon would be miss-leading and people might think it's healing the units and not swapping them. Perhaps a simpler "swap" icon could be used with a hover pop-up that briefly explains "swapping out wounded for healthiest troops" would be less confusing?

Sure - so long as the functionality is there I really don't mind. That was just the first one that came to mind.

a sort by health option might still be preferable...

Personally - let's go for both ;)

bmhwhite

Private
Excellent idea. When GvG fighting time can be of essence. Trying to find, say healthy rouges, from a shortened list of wounded troops can be very time consuming. This seems to the the answer and cannot be difficult to program.

DeletedUser101743

I have a problem with how my unattached healthy units are shown.

I have like 12,000 Rogues but if 2 or 3 of them are hurt, they are shown at the top of the list and sometimes I accidentally recruit them for battle. Is is possible to NOT show them at the top of the list? Because we don't use unhealthy Rogues for battle.

DeletedUser112892

I have a problem with how my unattached healthy units are shown.

I have like 12,000 Rogues but if 2 or 3 of them are hurt, they are shown at the top of the list and sometimes I accidentally recruit them for battle. Is is possible to NOT show them at the top of the list? Because we don't use unhealthy Rogues for battle.
By default, if there is at least 1 unit of same type that doesn't have full HP bar, game will show 1 copy of it.
Better said, if there is at least one unit that is damaged by 1HP point, 1 copy of it will be shown, if there is at least one unit damaged by 2HP points, 1 copy will be shown etc.
The reason for that is that game lets you know if you have damaged units and exactly by how many HP points they have been damaged.

Emberguard

Legend
The game currently sorts units with the most healthy at the front and most wounded at the back of whatever grouping of unit is displayed, reading through these comments did it work differently back in 2015?

That being said.... +1 to the idea presented. I usually use the same or similar setup each time in GE so it'd be good to click a single button and have the game rotate to the freshest units available

DeletedUser97166

+1 this would definitely make things easier in GvG instead of replacing units whilst fighting sieges

DeletedUser111866

+1, would then be able to put that 500 rogues queue into the line. But, the button should only replace surviving units for the most healthy ones left in stock of the very same type (rogues for rogues, tanks for tanks, etc), the rest should be manually placed from roster.

Agent327

Overlord
This forum is a shambles. Idea is 3 years old, so how can it be warm? Someone has a problem, just puts it in a thread and brings a three year old thread back to live and what do you know? Even mods start to vote again.

DeletedUser109225

+1
awesome idea, anything to make GE and GvG more streamlined

Status
Not open for further replies.