• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Healing Units

DeletedUser7719

I have a question about healing: Ok, so I have some trebs that are injured, and they say that it takes 24 minutes to heal (one-tenth of a bar) which adds up to 4 hours for a fully healed treb. Well, 2 hours ago I had a half-beaten treb; now It's still missing 3 bars. Can someone be specific in explaining this?

DeletedUser276

honestly I am in the dark as you. Only people that know are the devs and they arnt sharing. They have though repeated numerous times to our discussions with them that the healing time is correct... just correct to what is the question.

DeletedUser

I think there is a change in healing times if there is a unit recruiting or another unit with damage in the same building.
That's all I could dig up from other threads.. so yeah "The healing times are correct".
The question is, what is the formula for healing times with the cases I stated above..

- L

DeletedUser

Related question: Is the healing of units directly proportional to time regardless of whether they are resting, being used to attack, or being used to defend? It seems that I can but injured units on defense and they will heal while on defense but is it at the same rate as when resting? And does the healing stop if you place that unit on offense and actively attack with it?

DeletedUser

I believe any unit in either the pool, defense or attack position heals at the same rate.
Units used in combat do not heal as far as I know, or that would be abused.

- L

DeletedUser8709

I have wondered about some of this as well, so I will be following this thread to hopefully learn how healing times are affected by different factors.

I usually move injured units to defense, and noticed healing times were different, and not the fixed time indicator for that unit's healing...

If it was stated as a range of numbers instead a a fixed number, none of us would have to ask.

eg. Trebuchet takes 24m could better be written: trebuchet takes 24-48m... 3 extra characters and there would be no (or less) people asking why times were different, they could just accept the time is variable, and not in their control.

It doesn't bother me.. if I want units replaced or healed faster I build an additional unit production building.. YMMV

Thanks for starting the thread, byeordie... :-)

Another

DeletedUser

I know I tried once to sit down and wait it out... Of course, that didn't really work, because I had 3 injured units, so I would have had to sit all day (quite literally).

But from what I managed to gather is that it seemed while one unit was healing up (24 mins per dot), the other two were waiting in line. So that might explain why the total healing time is way beyond what should be expected.

I cannot vouch for this though. Purely speculation on my part.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6965

I know I tried once to sit down and wait it out... Of course, that didn't really work, because I had 3 injured units, so I would have had to sit all day (quite literally).

But from what I managed to gather is that it seemed while one unit was healing up (24 mins per dot), the other two were waiting in line. So that might explain why the total healing time is way beyond what should be expected.

I cannot vouch for this though. Purely speculation on my part.

?? all units heal to the same time. That's how it was the last year. I can't believe this changed, are u sure?
The lasts tests I made are some months ago... so I don't know, if it changed.. but my conclusion was, that there is a "correct" healing time. Only the display in barracks and so on was wrong.
Maybe some of u can check this again and also figure out the healtime ;)

DeletedUser

from what I managed to gather is that it seemed while one unit was healing up (24 mins per dot), the other two were waiting in line.

This was my understanding as well, from when I was playing back in May-July

DeletedUser7798

They all heal simultaneously. And the timers are correct. There are lacking facts around the matter, yes. Such as: Do units heal when combating? And do units in garrison heal while combating? I think no x2. in addition to that the heal timer will reset if you enter combat. Thus, if 20/24 mines have passed, you just lost 20 minutes of healing time. Lag is always a matter, relogging to see how units have healed are mandatory.

Many things interfering, which im sure we would like to know about. The timers are not the issue.

DeletedUser

Thanks for doing these experiments, Byeordie.

I have a question-- in your second test, were the three damaged catapults and the one being trained all from the same military building or different ones?

DeletedUser6965

hm... yes thx for testing, but I think ur conclusion is not correct...

in round one u see, the healing was only 4 bars. so this seems to be not correct. And I am sure, if u waited in round 2 nine minutes more, it would be 4 bars, too. So I think there is no different, if u train a unit to the same time.

The bug is, if there is one, that it should be 5 bars, but its only 4.
--> test how much time one bar needs to heal at the moment ;)

They all heal simultaneously. And the timers are correct. There are lacking facts around the matter, yes. Such as: Do units heal when combating? And do units in garrison heal while combating? I think no x2. in addition to that the heal timer will reset if you enter combat. Thus, if 20/24 mines have passed, you just lost 20 minutes of healing time. Lag is always a matter, relogging to see how units have healed are mandatory.

Many things interfering, which im sure we would like to know about. The timers are not the issue.
yes, of course these are some good arguments and all of them are correct I think. But nevertheless there could be a bug... so we need just more tests :)

DeletedUser7719

-Round 1-
This round is healing units without any other distraction (training/fighting)
Testing:
Bug 9a.JPG

Two hours (and 9 minutes) later (all catapults should of healed by 5 bars):
Bug 9b.JPG

(It's a bit weird that the position changed considering I haven't touched my army:confused:.) So Round 1 is over! It looks like if you don't train your units and if you don't use them, all should heal at the right rate.

EDIT: It only healed by 4!!!! (My math is somehow real bad at this game :()
-Round 2-
I have three catapult camps, and one was damaged from each camp. I trained only one catapult from one of those three camps:
Testing:
Bug 9c.JPG

Two hours (yes, exact) later (again 5 bars should be healed):
Bug 9d.JPG
(Again, position changed :confused:). Results: That is not 5 bars!!!! (It's 3 which is one less than the previous test,) but all catapults healed at the same rate.
-Round 3-
I am just testing one catapult. I collected supplies and money, and spent some FP, but nothing else:
Testing:
Bug 9e.JPG
Two hours and 27 minutes later (6 bars should be healed):
Bug 9f.JPG

sit on the devs!!!! :p

DeletedUser6965

Pls try this:
The bug is, if there is one, that it should be 5 bars, but its only 4.
--> test how much time one bar needs to heal at the moment ;)
otherwise u can make hundreds of tests and see, that it's not correct :D but u should find out the actual healing rate ;)

Edit:
now I tested it on my own with a slinger (2min/bar healingtime).

There were 7 bars to heal. I opened no other TAB on my browser, just waited 2 minutes and refreshed the game.

-> after 2 minutes one bar was healed.
-> after 2 more minutes the next bar was healed.

So I decided to calculate the time, when everything should be healed and made some other stuff on another server on another TAB.

after a total of 14 minutes (everything should be healed now) I refreshed the game, but there were 3 bars left to heal!

Then I did not switch the TAB, waited 6 minutes more and all bars were healed.

Conclusion:
The healing rate of a slinger is correct, but there are some lags or sth. else, if u change the TAB or maybe doing sth. else. I guess it's the same problem for every unit.

DeletedUser

I think that they are correct if you assume that the time zone is randomly changing as well as the undisclosed point on that clock when healing begins

DeletedUser100488

Interesting...going to do some testing of my own,since I had the same problem with healing times

DeletedUser100488

ok,this is what I got ,just w/o the pics,didnt bother with that.

1)I have 1 catapult camp& 1 crossbow range- if there is training in progress,the healing time is doubled
2)I have a few ballista camps/archer ranges - healing time was just fine,even with the training in progress

Will try it with just 1 archer range,training on,to confirm the theory.

Btw,didnt open any new tabs during the process.

DeletedUser100488

this "bug" is really getting on my nerves...longbows healing time also x2,with unit in production.

DeletedUser102007

I got my EMA champion to 1 bar of health
Then after 10 hours
he still had 3 bars to heal
is this normal?