• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Heal version 2

DeletedUser2029

Proposal:
ability to heal a unit to full health as an alternative to plunder

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?10853-Heal
this idea was to liberal, so this one is much more conservative.

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...to-Motivate-Polish-or-Plunder-after-an-Attack
this was an awful idea, but I have to give it credit for inspiring this change in concept

Reason:
peaceful alternative to plunder and a dream of mine to do something to cultural buildings after battle.
plus, I feel that that's the natural purpose of all cultural buildings in this game (god, sanctuary,...,well for most of them)

Details:
- after a successful attack you get the option to "plunder" (no changes) or to "heal" (only one unit to full health)
- to heal a unit you, after you've chosen "heal", a medium sized + sign (sort of like a red cross) would appear over all cultural buildings (no matter if they were previously polished or not).
- when you click on the cultural building, you get one of your surviving units (random) healed to full health
- you should also have the opportunity to get a BP
- consequences for the defeated player are none (no damage to that cultural building because this is a diamond use alternative for the attacker)
- in the event history it should state that your cultural building was used to heal an enemy soldier
- decorations will not be considered for this purpose!!!

sorry, none

Balance:
this competes with diamond use, but less severely than the previous version, and I feel that I placed satisfactory restrictions.

Abuse Prevention:
other than diamonds issue, all other in-game rules were respected, no changes to game mechanics, but I'll be glad to here proposals
EDIT - "cooling" period - since cooling period for polish is 12h, and "heal" does not affect that status of the building, it should be wise to add a similar function to "heal", i.e. when one player uses a building to heal a unit, it should be made impossible for another player (attacker) to use that same building for 12h (this solves the problem of farming low ranked players for healing, i.e. at some point often attacked player will lose all his healing potential)

Summary:
I hope this is a viable alternative for plunder that doesn't damage the defender but gives "peaceful" PvPers a chance for a BP (and a little extra).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Seems a bit too easy... :p
Also, this will make it too easy for the ones with the upper-level GBs and being past the LMA. Fight your top neighbor first, and try to keep the damage spread across all units. Then use that army through your lower hood/2-spears and get your troops healed easily. Maybe:
Healing a troop in a cultural building will restore the troops health at blinding fast speed (1/400th the time it takes to train for each bar). You have to go back to the city to collect him (which can be at any time, but doesn't guarentee if the unit will be fully healed at the end). The catch? After those the troop is fully healed, the person who got attacked can get the chance at stealing your troop (50% chance for same age and above, and divide in half for each age below; polished buildings give double the chance excluding the same age which goes up to 75%). If the troop is stolen, he becomes an unattached unit in the opponent's army (and counts as dead for attacker). If not, he escapes and makes it back home .

DeletedUser

The one very first thing that I started to think about when read this was:

If I attack ~1/3 of all large players in my neighborhood and avoid casualties, then I can bring all my injured units to the other ~1/3 that consists of only small players and heal my entire army. Then, I continue with the final ~1/3 of medium players. The whole neighborhood without any pause or training.

As I'm more for the concept of choosing your battles instead of running over the entire neighborhood, I must unfortunately give this a -1.

DeletedUser2029

I sympathize with your negative sentiment toward this idea, but because you both got the point, I need to ask you to argument it.
Yes, the point is to use low-ranked players for healing instead of plundering, but why is that a bad thing?
You still get PvP points and a chance for a BP, you're giving low ranked players some breathing room and you're recovering faster. Unlike the linked idea (2nd), I'm trying to solve the the same problem with MORE PvP and PROTECTION for the weak. I need something better that "seems too easy"...

DeletedUser

I sympathize with your negative sentiment toward this idea, but because you both got the point, I need to ask you to argument it.
Yes, the point is to use low-ranked players for healing instead of plundering, but why is that a bad thing?
You still get PvP points and a chance for a BP, you're giving low ranked players some breathing room and you're recovering faster. Unlike the linked idea (2nd), I'm trying to solve the the same problem with MORE PvP and PROTECTION for the weak. I need something better that "seems too easy"...

[...] As I'm more for the concept of choosing your battles instead of running over the entire neighborhood [...]

The reason I think so is becouse I think it's wrong to be able to attack the entire neighborhood in one day. I'm more of the concept where players should choose their 10-20-30 battles per day against those they want to attack, and not just run over everyone. That is also why I in another thread suggested that defensive great buildings should boost both attack and defense, to actually slightly help the defender, and make it harder for players to day after day do the operation-clean-sweap-trolol-lolz. I don't think that any empire through the ages where able to run through like 50-80 cities in one day :)

However, I may agree that there could be more things to do than plunder. I just dont see how a unit that has been crushed and almost stabbed to death, can be totally recovered by visiting a school, market, gallow, library etc :(

DeletedUser2029

The reason I think so is becouse I think it's wrong to be able to attack the entire neighborhood in one day. I'm more of the concept where players should choose their 10-20-30 battles per day against those they want to attack, and not just run over everyone. That is also why I in another thread suggested that defensive great buildings should boost both attack and defense, to actually slightly help the defender, and make it harder for players to day after day do the operation-clean-sweap-trolol-lolz. I don't think that any empire through the ages where able to run through like 50-80 cities in one day :)

by this logic, you also shouldn't be able to pol/mot 79 neighbors + 79 guildmates + 140 friends in a single day. you disagreeing with this idea actually has little to do with this idea, and that's not a problem I'm interested in solving at the moment.

I just dont see how a unit that has been crushed and almost stabbed to death, can be totally recovered by visiting a school, market, gallow, library etc

I'm abusing oversimplification implemented in the game by game designers, sue me. If a doctor serves the same purpose as a tavern, gallows, church, coiffeur or a water pumping station, then I don't really see a problem. That is also why I excluded decorations from this idea (THAT would be stupid).

DeletedUser

by this logic, you also shouldn't be able to pol/mot 79 neighbors + 79 guildmates + 140 friends in a single day. you disagreeing with this idea actually has little to do with this idea, and that's not a problem I'm interested in solving at the moment.

Motivating corresponds to that you talk to and motivate the people running the specific building to work faster and thereby produce more. Polishing corresponds to that you clean and polish something to make it look nicer and more shiny, so people get even more happy when they see it. You can't compare those 2 with a whole battle; Attacking and entering a whole city can take many hours if not even a whole day.

Why I think this problem is linked with your suggestion is that if people can heal their units by just placing them, for instance, in a library or water pumping station, it will become even easier to just roll over the entire neighborhood in 1-2 hours. To be honest I wouldn't even say that we have (real) battles now, I would rather call it "hostal visit with 8 buddies"...

Anyways, this was just my honest opinion. Your idea havn't been sunk just becouse I don't like it :)

I'm abusing oversimplification implemented in the game by game designers, sue me.

Whuuut??? :confused:

DeletedUser

The reason I think so is becouse I think it's wrong to be able to attack the entire neighborhood in one day.

Why wrong?? It's the point of the game. It's PVP game. Its a fighting game! Other than building little buildings, and collecting coins, the main concept in this game is fighting. I attack about 60 neighbors in one day. Why is it wrong? IT'S NOT WRONG! The game is designed this way. To be even more challenging, try to conquer 1st place on ALL the towers in the map. And what do you need to do that? A H**L LOT OF FIGHTING :fighting smiley: :cool:

DeletedUser

Why wrong?? It's the point of the game. It's PVP game. Its a fighting game! Other than building little buildings, and collecting coins, the main concept in this game is fighting. I attack about 60 neighbors in one day. Why is it wrong? IT'S NOT WRONG! The game is designed this way. To be even more challenging, try to conquer 1st place on ALL the towers in the map. And what do you need to do that? A H**L LOT OF FIGHTING :fighting smiley: :cool:

I fight a lot every week aswell, I still think it's wrong to be able to go through the entire neighborhood in 1-2 hours. It's far from realistic, as I said: it's not a battle, it's a "hostal visit with 8 buddies". However, this belongs to a different topic :)

And FYI: This is not a PvP game. I agree that it is a war/fighting game, but it's definitely not a Player-vs-Player game, atleast not the battles.

DeletedUser2029

I fight a lot every week aswell, I still think it's wrong to be able to go through the entire neighborhood in 1-2 hours. It's far from realistic, as I said: it's not a battle, it's a "hostal visit with 8 buddies". However, this belongs to a different topic :)

And FYI: This is not a PvP game. I agree that it is a war/fighting game, but it's definitely not a Player-vs-Player game, atleast not the battles.

I respect your opinion, I even agree with it to certain extent, but what you're asking for is actually a non-issue in the context of this "idea" (I'm not breaking any rules, your issue is with the rules itself), so I'm calling an end to the discussion over this "argument" (as far as I'm concerned).
If you want to continue discussion on this topic, please start another thread, possibly in the "Game discussions" section and I'll see if I can contribute with something constructive...

DeletedUser4202

+1 to this idea but I believe there ought to be a limit for how many heals you could do in a day for example 5 heals per day. It would not necessarily make PvP easier but it would create an environment for the less active players to be able to get a break from all the plunders which they normally would get. Its not really about giving players the chance to heal, its about the newcomers who need to get to know the game.
It might even encourage the not active PvP players to actually try one more time or begin doing PvP, heal would give them a chance to compete with the more active yet it would not create an imbalance so that everyone in the hood can beat everyone on a daily basis after all.
/Nattihi

DeletedUser7719

lol, I would support falcons93 other ideas if this was implemented as then it would be a bit too easy to go through neighborhoods. I don't care about the time it takes to get through there, but rather the challenge of doing it in less than a day.
(Really guys? A day in real life is about a year in FoE, get that straight :p)
Also while we're on this subject. FoE is not mainly a PvP game. You could look at it like that (if you care more about rankings), but if you care about progressing yourself through the eras, PvE and PvP are just small parts in it.