• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hardware Acceleration active when should be off

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
  • World: Brisgard. I have cities on all other worlds too, but did not detect this bug there. It is possible that it could occur on any world though, I just did not do whatever triggered it on the rest of them. Brisgard was my only city that was open when the update took place.
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 28.0
  • Overview of the bug: When FoE was updated to 1.27, Hardware Acceleration was enabled in my city, just like before, except that this time it was incorrectly marked as being off in the options. This prevented me from discovering the cause of severe slowness issues my city had for several hours. Finally, as I was about to submit a support ticket I double checked that Hardware Acceleration really was off. I turned it on in the options and clicked OK. This should cause a pop-up to appear telling the player to reload for the changes to take effect, but this time it did not. Hardware Acceleration had apparently been on ever since the update, although the option said it was not.
  • Screenshots: None.
  • How often this occurs: Unknown, probably directly related to the update.
  • Urgency: High. This may not occur often, but it could affect more cities after each future update.
  • Preventative Actions: My other cities may have been spared from the bug because they were not open when the update took place. The issue goes away if you first turn Hardware Acceleration on and then off again, then reload.
  • Summary: Hardware Acceleration was turned on by the 1.27 update, and options misleadingly claimed it was off.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: This bug is probably related, but not the same as this.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: No, I used different means as explained above.

DeletedUser101855

Ever since the last update I have had what I believe is the same issue. I get warnings my cpu is overloaded and graphics only show partially (i.e. no buildings showing) game slows to crawl or stops. I am not afraid to change things in computer when I know how. My knowledge is limited. I will try pinned thread. Any fix to problem would be extremely helpful. :)