• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Happiness..Bush vs Obelisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Just wondering....an Obelisk costs 20 gold and provides 18 Happiness, and a bush provides 20 happiness but costs 50 gold AND 180 resource. Both have the same footprint (1x1)....any ideas as to the purpose of the "Bush"?? Am I missing something? Why such vast difference in cost

DeletedUser

you can use any of the 1x1 decoration you want, if you have the resources or gold. at the moment i spend 140 each for the hedge which gives 22 happyness. :-)

DeletedUser653

Its kind of easy to see as you progress,
a Obelisk is very cheap in terms of supplies (Zero cost) while Trees are very cheap in terms of coins - both only give 18 happiness. so depending on which commodity you are most well of in you take your choice.

but as time progresses Happiness becomes even more important and hence you pay a little more for more happiness, but then as you really understand the game you eliminate all that you can and build cultural buildings and only keep a few of the better decorations to fill in the odd gap here and there thats too small for a building.

But in the beginning a cheap tree or Obelisk is great. I still have about 4 trees from when I started tucked away in odd squares.

Status
Not open for further replies.