• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Halloween event: discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8085

I've completed the entire quest chain but haven't been given the Graveyard reward, despite accepting that quest reward.

I also have no option to build it from the build menu (checked every section 3-4 times).

Am I doing something wrong?

DeletedUser

Hey One Last Shot,

it has been covered numerous times in this very thread where to find it, plus Kuga's Halloween guide which is promoted and linked to on the previous page has answered this question too. ;)
Check your inventory. :)

- L

DeletedUser8085

Thanks very much.

It's quite hard to read through 300+ posts in a single thread to find information - I scan-read the previous page prior to posting, but didn't see any topic in the first sentence of any post that seemed to match what I was looking for :)

DeletedUser7838

Anyone knows how this : MOLLYCODDLE thing went ?

Thx for any help ;)

You can probably find the answer on the guide that's been linked three times on this page and the previous. :p Click here for help regarding the quest.

Sorry you lost me what has the film halloween got to do with the game am i missing something ?

Halloween is a public holiday. This event is to celebrate the public holiday of Halloween.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5514

How is it unfair? I'm certainly not complaining about the extra happiness; I'll take it whenever the Age. ;)

Simply put: some people get more happiness from that building than others, just because theyre ahead in the game... other players will never get as much happiness from that building as the players wich are more advanced at the current time, even if they catch up with those players ahead.

DeletedUser

First of all: Hi rogeriods, how have you been doing lately? :D

Back on topic: I see your point and agree. [...] up to a certain extent. In my opinion one should keep in mind that the reward gives much more happiness for a Bronze Age player than a LMA player though. (based on the average efficiency per tile of the reward in comparison with that of the best cultural building of the same age).

Furthermore, a BA player will first want to replace the reward with a church in the HMA. So that's a long way to go if you ask me. A CA player may need to switch a little sooner. (as soon as new ages are implemented)

Regards,
Bloodwyn

EDIT: As Blacksmith just released the actual amounts of happiness points given through the reward for each age, my points above don't count. (I was a little mislead. Been listening to a few too many rumours... :p)

Blacksmith's post can be found here. ;)

DeletedUser276

Simply put: some people get more happiness from that building than others, just because theyre ahead in the game... other players will never get as much happiness from that building as the players wich are more advanced at the current time, even if they catch up with those players ahead.

Hence why its a good idea to work to get ahead. Some players have been here since the start and are not yet in the CA because they are part time players. No need to reward part time players. As for special buildings like this though.... there are many more coming out in the future so even if you dont have the best level now you can work to get the better ones later. Plus some will keep the graveyard or some will keep the Leprechaun Fields or Santa's workshop. This allows cities to take on a different look. You cant have the best if you dont work for it. Nothing in life comes to everyone equally as each person only puts in so much effort that each of us is different.

*note

I am not saying there will BE L.Fields or S.Workshop. Those were just examples of possibilities which are numerous.

DeletedUser5514

First of all: Hi rogeriods, how have you been doing lately? :D

Back on topic: I see your point and agree. [...] up to a certain extent. In my opinion one should keep in mind that the reward gives much more happiness for a Bronze Age player than a LMA player though. (based on the average efficiency per tile of the reward in comparison with that of the best cultural building of the same age).

Furthermore, a BA player will first want to replace the reward with a church in the HMA. So that's a long way to go if you ask me. A CA player may need to switch a little sooner. (as soon as new ages are implemented)

Regards,
Bloodwyn

EDIT: As Blacksmith just released the actual amounts of happiness points given through the reward for each age, my points above don't count. (I was a little mislead. Been listening to a few too many rumours... :p)

Blacksmith's post can be found here. ;)

Hi Bloodwyn, long time no see :D... everything's cool.

Tks for your input... in my oppinion, this building stats should evolve along with our ingame progress, because we might become tempted to dump this building sooner or later.

Imagine a player who got it when he is at the bronze age... when he reaches colonial age, the graveyard will become prety much useless because it will still give an hapiness output of only 420.

Regards,
rogeriods

DeletedUser3157

For bronze age players when they reach marketplace they can pretty much start considering razing their graveyard(420 vs 430 on marketplace). But this is such a minor upgrade, I don't think it's worth it until you reach church(520). So basicially you have a free happiness building until middle of HMA and all the points Bloodwyn made are still valid. Btw I actually decided to skip church upgrade. And then CA came out and I decided to semi-skip full academies upgrade as well, going straight for trading companies. So I actually razed my last marketplace just few days ago to make room for a...musketeer range. So for me, I could say my bronze age graveyard would have lasted till CA :P

DeletedUser7008

'I am not saying there will BE L.Fields or S.Workshop. Those were just examples of possibilities which are numerous.' Freudian Slip ?

DeletedUser7838

Then Forge of Empires is a meritocracy. :p Either way, I'm not opposed to either the principle or the practical, considering I get a free Happiness building.

DeletedUser5514

Then Forge of Empires is a meritocracy. :p Either way, I'm not opposed to either the principle or the practical, considering I get a free Happiness building.

I understand your point but there is no merit on starting months before other players nor on buying forge points with diamonds (to get ahead and to reduce the gap from other players or to reach colonial age faster)... still, i agree its good to receive a "free" happiness building.

DeletedUser5514

Hence why its a good idea to work to get ahead. Some players have been here since the start and are not yet in the CA because they are part time players. No need to reward part time players. As for special buildings like this though.... there are many more coming out in the future so even if you dont have the best level now you can work to get the better ones later. Plus some will keep the graveyard or some will keep the Leprechaun Fields or Santa's workshop. This allows cities to take on a different look. You cant have the best if you dont work for it. Nothing in life comes to everyone equally as each person only puts in so much effort that each of us is different.

*note

I am not saying there will BE L.Fields or S.Workshop. Those were just examples of possibilities which are numerous.

Part time players? Fortunally i still have a work, therefore i cant be a full time player :)... i didnt start playing this game from the beggining but if you check the rankings you can see im quite advanced, just not enough to get the most of this building because i started playing not so long ago and cant be all day long everyday in front of pc to play this game.

Nevertheless, its still better to get this type of quests, to spice up the game...

DeletedUser7838

I understand your point but there is no merit on starting months before other players nor on buying forge points with diamonds (to get ahead and to reduce the gap from other players or to reach colonial age faster)... still, i agree its good to receive a "free" happiness building.

I still don't see the big deal, in all honesty. The more hours you put in, the more you get out, whether the hours are due to you not being here or due to you not joining until late.

A Happiness value of approx. 500 doesn't matter enough for me to complain. :p

DeletedUser

For bronze age players when they reach marketplace they can pretty much start considering razing their graveyard(420 vs 430 on marketplace). But this is such a minor upgrade, I don't think it's worth it until you reach church(520). So basicially you have a free happiness building until middle of HMA and all the points Bloodwyn made are still valid. Btw I actually decided to skip church upgrade. And then CA came out and I decided to semi-skip full academies upgrade as well, going straight for trading companies. So I actually razed my last marketplace just few days ago to make room for a...musketeer range. So for me, I could say my bronze age graveyard would have lasted till CA :P

I think this is very well put and points out the underestimated value of the building. :)

DeletedUser

Nice to see someone read through my points even though I scratched them all out. Thanks hint, appreciate that. ;)

I must admit though, that I still agree to both hints' and rogeriods' points.
→ Yes, the building is of exceptional high value for a BA player as well as a CA player without doubt.
→ Yes, it is 'unfair' that the reward's bonus does not evolve over the ages.

Why? It's quite simple. The reward gives a very special bonus to a player's town / city and is currently one of the most efficient and unique buildings in the game. I personally find that it should stay that way throughout all the ages. (I mean, it's also a statement of: "I was there. I accomplished the very first Halloween Event of FoE!" :p)

I'd find it quite sad if player's would start removing the building in the near future do to it becoming 'inefficient'. :(
As mentioned numerous times though, the reward does give a nice bonus throughout nearly all ages, even if it 'only' has the BA stats.

Regards,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser

Hints can be found throughout this entire thread. :)

Answers can be found here!
BE WARNED! there are no spoiler tags within the link attached = everything is displayed openly.

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser653

Guys, ALL THE ANSWERS ARE IN THESE THREADS, TAKE A LOOK AND USE THE SEARCH BUTTON, or use Bloodwyn's link above this post

Take pity on us guys that are on the last few provinces and in big fights for PVP battle points, I cannot fight until monday as i will need the PVP points, plus when I do fight I have another 8 field guns or much worse, 4 Field guns, 4 muskets or 4 Field guns, 2 muskets and 2 Grenadier's. It hurts....

I say take pity because I just got the take 3 provinces quest and thats going to be interesting as they are a bit tough (at last!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.