• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2021 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesiger

Monarch
A weird display bug: I've collected all the toys and received the reward for it, but when I tap on the monkey the game tells me that I have completed that quest a total of zero times. It makes me wonder how reliable the figures for the others are now!

Knight of ICE

A weird display bug: I've collected all the toys and received the reward for it, but when I tap on the monkey the game tells me that I have completed that quest a total of zero times. It makes me wonder how reliable the figures for the others are now!

You completed it, so you can start a second time. On your second run you completed zero.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
The figures are reliable - it is just letting you know how much of each item is completed, in regards to completing the 8 doll quest again (and again and again, if one is so inclined)

Vesiger

Monarch
You completed it, so you can start a second time. On your second run you completed zero.
That explains why having just done that quest again, it is still showing zero, but now Annabelle is showing zero instead of one! (And I got to pick up another collector's box.)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
My main world: 54 total toys completed including finding Psychopomp Pete 4 times, and got 3 full set rewards!! Calendar completed
My junk/dia farm world: 32 total toys completed, 1 full set. Calendar completed. :)

Don't care about the stupid set building, so I was actively avoiding wasting lights on picking up lightbulbs while still trying to hunt down the daily stickers.
Was too bad I couldn't roll up a better reward for the final day on my main world, but I've got a bunch of Royal Marble Gateways I can turn into AD fodder to gain the coins/gems to go fishing for HoH upgrades once they get added into the mix. ;)

suethegreat

Captain
This year most players have commented in various places about the disappearing monkey when really the main prize is the calendar unless you are fixated on a shiny av. The toys were really a means to get more tickets. 3 cities 1 monkey 1 100 ticket incident :) Lusting after a St Paddy event already just hope the boats reappear!

CranBill

Private
I had fun. I'm a new player and this is the first event that I've seen from beginning to end. Played the fall farm event but with so few resources that I couldn't really get into it.

This time, operating without diamonds, I finished the main questline and got the psycho doll with 2 days to go. I was very impressed with the allocation of tickets -- had to take a couple of days off to keep buying the 394 packs but only ran flat out of tickets on the very last day after everything was completed.

The sync with the daily quest gave me just enough joker cards to cover the days with no 394 pack. -- Slick.

Through the event, the game doled out just enough extra tickets -- 666 pack etc etc to keep me going. If I had run flat out mid-game or if I'd been floating in tickets at the end, it would have been a lot less fun, but this was nicely balanced.

Can't talk to the value of prizes because it's the first event that I've seen, but It kept me entertained. Thanks Inno-folk.

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
As always these events can be tough. I guess though it's difficult, possibly even impossible for them to create one thing that will suit everyone!

That being said, I somehow managed to complete more tasks in this even than I've done in any other, and collected all the toys and their quests completed with only a few hours to spare! :blush:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
This year most players have commented in various places about the disappearing monkey when really the main prize is the calendar unless you are fixated on a shiny av. The toys were really a means to get more tickets. 3 cities 1 monkey 1 100 ticket incident :) Lusting after a St Paddy event already just hope the boats reappear!
Emphasis mine.
This really is the truth here... 54 toys completed meant my main city for example, garnered me another 1080 tickets just from the toys alone! O.O

I don't think I did too good overall on the incidents. Never found anything over 20 tickets, which only happened a couple of times... but if you set your city up to really annihilate those toy questlines, it's insane the amount of extra tickets/scrolls that can be had from the Halloween/Archy events. :)

realgregski

Private
You have a difficult time understanding what 'random' means? You could spend 40k diamonds and still not get it, or spend nothing (like me) and get it 3 times. Random is random - it is not guaranteed. Understand the difference.
I think it is perhaps you that doesn't understand random. From a statistical.point of view, a random process is a sequence of random variables whose outcomes do not follow a deterministic pattern but follow an evolution described by probability distributions. The RNG should therefore provide within a reasonable sample size a probability distribution that reflects actual probabilities. For 40k diamonds it is realistic to expect a reasonable approximation to intended and if the player hasn't got an Annabelle it would not be unreasonable to conclude that the process is biased.
I have come across you before, you appear dismissive which is really unhelpful. I would venture to say that you should actually not say anything if it isn't going to be constructive, let one cantankerous as is the case to the OP.

realgregski

Private
Normally I do very well in events but not this time.
I missed 2 of the toys required.

But in the big scheme of things it doesn't matter, just put it behind you and focus on the next one.
I dislike the mechanics of this event anyway, you can't see far enough ahead in the maze to know if you are going to be blocked before using a candle.
Too many wasted candles going in the wrong direction.
Lucky the prizes were not worth having :)

I really want the wildlife event back again.
That one was so much fun and brought a level of skill into the game.
Actually this event is rubbish, it might have had some appeal when it first came out as a minigame bit it lost its lustre for me this second time around. I wholeheartedly agree with you that Inno came up with a winner in the wildlife event and it felt like some skill was involved instead of the spin-the-wheel type of event that this is.

Daiman Rahl

Corporal
Was not impressed with this event. I failed to complete the calender or the doll set; Damm monkey would not show up!!
This was even spenting diamonds a couple of times trying to get House of horror upgrades. Have to say the chances of getting the daily special were too slim as well. Might have managed 4 dailies throughout the event.
Not impressed!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.