• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

The Halloween event is coming. Read the details here and be sure to leave your feedback below!

DeletedUser12400

(sigh) ..and I finally started to relax from previous event.:zzz:How can I afford to miss such a great building in all worlds.:zzz:

DeletedUser118208

New world and a new event, finally get to play on a new world!
Really hyped for this!

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
The Abandoned Asylum is way too powerful, this is just another ploy to get diamond users to pay up for multiple structures. This is getting to be silly.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
and what is the problem with that? the more diamonds users pay up for multiple structures, the more I can play for free... keep them coming I'd say :D

Eventually the diamond buyers will get fed up and stop. I would of given up already. I remember when players were paying for SoKs, now established players have all but removed them and sold them all to the Antique Dealer. Who will pay for diamonds when the prizes will be obsolete when the next event comes around? Only the diamond miners will reap the rewards.

Any Empire

Sergeant
Eventually the diamond buyers will get fed up and stop. I would of given up already. I remember when players were paying for SoKs, now established players have all but removed them and sold them all to the Antique Dealer. Who will pay for diamonds when the prizes will be obsolete when the next event comes around? Only the diamond miners will reap the rewards.

I think there is something to your point. It seems the players are starting to automatically expect/demand that each subsequent event offers a building ever more powerful. This starts to accelerate how fast past event buildings get obsolete.

Foe supposedly is a game that rewards a longer-term perspective, and having a well thought out strategy for advancing, even if there are numerous main paths --trading, framing, fighting, or a mix-- that a person can choose from.

If there is too much change and turn-over, the strategy part is somewhat undercut, making it less interesting, IMHO. Currently, part of the motivation to advance is to experience some differences in game play: army strategies may need to change, layouts need to be adjusted, etc. All of which makes it interesting.

Recently, event buildings come along every couple of months that seem to quite alter the game play in your same era: i.e. whether to fight or negotiate GE, re-balance production vs population buildings, redesign the city, etc. Much of this use to come from advancing eras.

So now, possibly, camping in an era to get every more powerful event buildings may be enough, and many folks may then decide to postpone advancing eras.

One idea from the US forum was to bring back a few historical quests, which would offer uniquely themed buildings. If these offered roughly the same benefits/power as other recent event buildings, that might reduce the current demand for constantly one-upping the power of each new event building. Historical events could offer interesting buildings with cool designs/animations, distinguishing them from those offered in the recurrent annual events. Earning some uniquely themed avatars would also be a draw. That could help keep interest high (and diamond spending, which Inno needs) and let event buildings increase in power much more slowly.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
This event had me at... EXPLODING CAULDRONS!! :D :D :D

I just hope that they have fixed the drops rates for the books, as on the beta play-through, it seemed like a large number of players missed out on one or more of the gold/silver books, despite completing all the quests + daily log-in candies AND even spending diamonds as well.

As for the Abandoned Asylum being 'uber powerful?
Yes, welcome to power creep. It's something you'll find in every single multi-player game that's even been released... whether it's console games like Smash Bros or MMO's, table top minis like Warhammer, or card games like Yu-gi-oh or Tragic the Sadening, power creep is how companies keep players buying new gak...
And in other amazing news, water is wet!:rolleyes::P:P

DeletedUser96901

how much would an extra Asylum cost ?

(the Crows Nest was something between 12k and 15k)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
how much would an extra Asylum cost ?

(the Crows Nest was something between 12k and 15k)
Going to depend on how much additional candy you can reap from the book quests + incidents...
Albeit you don't *that* much extra, but some beta players had like 30-40+ copies of the bronze books, and they (now) give 5 candies per quest...
Across 5 quests per book, that can be an extra 150 - 200 candies, which is almost an extra small tool package for 'free', IIRC.

Plus it'll also depend a good deal on how well you use your tools like in the Archy event.

Little Dawn

Private
Well I'm bailing out at the third quest, I do mot have room to build a 6x7 cultural building of my age. Or I would have one already!
I also do not have room for a production building for the book quest (nor do I need one).
These are stupid quests so early in an event! INNO please learn!
Event over on day one for me!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Well I'm bailing out at the third quest, I do mot have room to build a 6x7 cultural building of my age. Or I would have one already!
I also do not have room for a production building for the book quest (nor do I need one).
a) you could always 'build' 1 previous era cultural building, then delete it, build a 2nd one, then delete it = quest done.
OR
you could just plonk down a couple of the dozens upon dozens of Faces of the Ancients/Gate of the Sun Gods that are won in GE's = quest done.

b) most production quests can be complete via 2x2 Blacksmiths... and any of the 'your current or previous era' production quests can be completed via the multi-production event buildings like the Sleigh Builders/Sunken Treasures or TF's, etc...

But if thinking is just too difficult for you, then of course, you're free to just whine and quit without even trying to find a solution, while blaming INNO for all your woes, while the rest of us happily continue the event and enjoy our shiny new Abandoned Asylums!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
(...well, maybe it's not exactly shiny, but whatever - the zombie in the basement seems happy enough.:P)

Seriously, this event is NO way as gakky as last year's Winter event where the 4th or 5th quest (just prior to even getting to the Lv.1 base building award) was a "Scout 1 province" with no alternative option!

Agent327

Overlord

Should Inno learn, or should you learn? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DeletedUser96901

that is why playing daily challenge smart can help

you could have won a Maypole in the past
that is a 2x2 cultural building ;)
(and with an upgrade kit I get it back into the inventory. but that makes it a little bit larger)

but I bet you have always chosen the other chest :o

and for production
Magnum Opus from the Dealer
those produce FP (2 at a normal day in 8h interval shouldn't be a problem) and can be used for other production times if needed
I bought 11 in auctions + the original one from the historical questline
with 12 I couldn't be prepared better for all the coming production quests

and everybody has room for production buildings which produce more FP than SoKs
(3 SoK = 3 FP would need the same space as 2 Magnum Opus = 4 FP with 2x 8h or if you can do 3x 8h a day then you get 6 FP)

Last edited by a moderator:

Any Empire

Sergeant
A very production heavy event. Playing just this afternoon, I'm up to quest 23 in my Bronze Age city (all blacksmiths) and only between quests 5 and 12 on my other 3 worlds......