• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2015

DeletedUser16026

Halloween_logo.png

The All Hallows Eve event is almost here, With rewards and prizes oh, so near.
There will be riddles and rhymes to challenge your game, last year’s contest will seem rather tame.
Bring out your witches, goblins and gore, and find your goodies even more.​
Face the scariest of Halloween’s quests, it’s Jack O’Lantern doing his best!​

To read the announcement for the event please visit this link.

Kind reminder to not provide spoilers for other players as they could stumble upon them by accident and they might enjoy solving the riddles on their own. If you need to provide some information please use the spoiler tags. Thanks!

DeletedUser

Who wrote the rhyme this year :/ think they need to employ someone... you know... good at it :p

Mad scientists lab looks OK though. .. shame it's not motivateable after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

i look forward to this event as i look forward to every event we have, even if some players moan about the rewards / timing / etc

halloween event is straightforward with no random elements to it so everyone can get the same reward

a new (and free) worthwhile building is always nice so thank you )

DeletedUser100378

My Halloween pumpkin just deflated.. anyone got a pumpkin repair kit handy ? ;)

DeletedUser100797

I want to point out one "flaw" with graveyard and make a suggestion. As you know it takes a year to improve your graveyard from the simple one to a more advanced one, like so: graveyard->old graveyard->ancient g.->legendary g. While players in the old worlds may already have the ancient one, players from the new worlds like mine (Langendorn) don't even have one.
What I'm trying to say is that for a non-diamond user it would take 3 more years of playing FoE to get to the legendary phase in new worlds.
My suggestion would be to give the ability to players to improve their graveyards. When your wage wars, your victorious troops would bring home fallen comrades, it makes total sense, right? The more you fight and win, the bigger your graveyard becomes. Could game designers program FoE in the way where you see your total loss count?
I know some might abuse this by making a deals with neighbors and wage wars with BA troops, well I thought of that too. My idea is that only troops from the age you acquired your graveyard would be able to extend it, and only victorious. We could put some counter like 100 died soldiers would upgrade your graveyard to the old one. Next stage would be 500, than 1000 and so on.

It's just an idea, which makes total sense in my mind.
Dear Mods and players, if you like that idea, please support it and pass it to developers.

DeletedUser2989

My suggestion would be to give the ability to players to improve their graveyards. When your wage wars, your victorious troops would bring home fallen comrades, it makes total sense, right? The more you fight and win, the bigger your graveyard becomes. Could game designers program FoE in the way where you see your total loss count?
I know some might abuse this by making a deals with neighbors and wage wars with BA troops, well I thought of that too. My idea is that only troops from the age you acquired your graveyard would be able to extend it, and only victorious. We could put some counter like 100 died soldiers would upgrade your graveyard to the old one. Next stage would be 500, than 1000 and so on.

It's just an idea, which makes total sense in my mind.
Dear Mods and players, if you like that idea, please support it and pass it to developers.

I like the sound of that idea but it probably belongs more in the ideas section :) That way we can keep this thread to general feedback and make it easier to see the kind of support there is for your idea (it'd also help make your idea a little bit more visible).

As for the event, I'm quite happy with what is coming up. Free stuff is always appreciated and at least this years "special building" is more interesting than previous ones.

DeletedUser108405

Halloween Competition

Could someone suggest the easiest way to complete a crossword / wordsearch when it is given as a image? Should we to print it out and scan it? Should we edit it in paint or something? Couldn't an electronic version have been made?

Pretty poorly thought out competition for pretty poor prizes, imo.

DeletedUser16026

You could do it either by printing out and scanning it, or by editing it in in paint or similar. The easiest way would be what's more convenient to you.

DeletedUser

Hehe how can you do a crossword in paint? I don't have a scanner either, and only a printer at work. Deffo not worth the bother for a scarecrow :D
Good luck to those who bother entering though. But with no main prize I suppose you could just fill in any old rubbish and it wouldn't matter.

DeletedUser

I agree that they could make electronic version.. I dont have printer, scanner and paint.. and i must disagree i think its pretty awesome looking and unique prize for such a small effort.. what did you expect diamonds!? We must appricaite that they actually made a competition with prize because they dont have to..

Diamonds would be lovely, and maybe worth the bother :o I'm sure past teams have offered diamond rewards...

DeletedUser108405

I agree that they could make electronic version.. I dont have printer, scanner and paint.. and i must disagree i think its pretty awesome looking and unique prize for such a small effort.. what did you expect diamonds!? We must appricaite that they actually made a competition with prize because they dont have to..

For the effort involved if you don't have a printer, scanner or time to painstakingly edit the images in Paint, yah I kinda would expect a better prize. I totally appreciate that they offered a competition, don't get me wrong, I just wish they'd put a little more thought into it to make it more accessible.

DeletedUser

Then go and buy them lol and be thankful for what you been given! Yeah they were giving diamonds but it doesnt mean that they always need to give diamonds as reward and i even won in one of those competition and it wasn't even past team but present one.

Well how very uncouth, I am offended. I hope you get a spanking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lets leave it for santa but its really unique building which you can get only from events.. unlike diamonds - quests, events, wishing wells + you can buy them.

You'd rather be spanked by a fat man with a big beard than a guy in a spidey suit? Suppose there isn't much to pick. The scarecrow is rubbish though, I deleted mine ages ago :p

DeletedUser

Its actually masked satan but who cares.. Its rubbish because you want efficient city while others enjoy the design of their city. I think many players will be happy to get it especially lower age or new ones. Even if you are no intend to build it.. its cool to keep in your inventory.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. It's ugly so no improvement to city design, and keeping something in your inventory forever is useless. I also disagree about satan. Though I've been told it's deadpool not spiderman. Never heard of deadpool.. looks the same to me :p

DeletedUser58910

There are a few issues raised by how to enter this competition, that don't seem to have been thought through. First of all, if a player plays multiple worlds, how many worlds can they enter on? One or all they play? There is no mention of this in the announcement for the competition. And we can't 'download' the puzzles as no links are provided, leaving the only viable method as a screenshot to print out, then scan and email back. Please clarify, Support Team :)

DeletedUser96901

And we can't 'download' the puzzles as no links are provided
right click on the image and 'save image as'
and you have downloaded it

DeletedUser16026

You enter once, with your account, and you can choose on which world you play on to receive the rewards.

DeletedUser5180

copy and paste into paint then text in the letters....simples

i cant work out 6 down though to complete the crossword :(