• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2015

DeletedUser108519

I don't know if this is allowed, but I need a hint with the crossword puzzle:
What is J.F.M.A.....D???

nvm - got it :D
It took me months to figure it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
in regards to the wordsearch.....
do the letters of the words have to be inline or can the letters zigzag back and forth???

I think proper wordsearches do not allow the letters to zigzag back and forth. I have certainly found all of the words running in straight lines either horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Bear in mind that some of them will be backwards.

I am also puzzled about the short words that are part of longer words. I assume we have to mark the same set of letters twice in that case but then some words will appear more than once. And FOG appears twice anyway.

I am intrigued as to who is going to plough through all these uploaded pictures to check that the answers are correct. I think it will be a lot of work as I don't see how you can automate it.

joesoap

Major-General
If I complete the Halloween event can I still get the Scientists Lab without having a Graveyard?

the reward for 1 of the quests is a graveyard & you get the mad scientist lab when you complete all the quests so by the end of the event you should have both buildings

DeletedUser107716

What happens if you can't complete the given quest in one day? Some scouting missions take longer than 24 hours.

DeletedUser

I've tried playing the halloween event crossword and word search and its not letting me type in my answers. what aren't i doing or not doing right? plz explain.

the easiest way is to save it, then open it in paint where you can write on it, then take a screenshot and submit it.

DeletedUser

What I meant was how do I get into the competition so that I can do a screenshot ?? I can't find the crossword or wordsearch.

he gave you the links in his reply

Does anyone know what 6 down is?
I have search and search and can't figure it out.
Please anyone?
This is my last one to complete the puzzle.

if anyone answers this question, then you will both be disqualified. Are the rules really that hard to understand?

Roc8

Corporal
I think my largest issue is the restriction of having to wait 24 hours for the next quest. We had plenty of time to prepare. I now must put everything I need to build on hold for 2 weeks, effectively stalled with any more building. I would much rather have been able to complete the quests at my own pace.

DeletedUser108526

I figured out what 6 means, but is the answer a real word or just the letters in between? But both of it messes with my answers to 9, 15 and 21...

Roc8

Corporal
I figured out what 6 means, but is the answer a real word or just the letters in between? But both of it messes with my answers to 9, 15 and 21...
Yes it is a real word. Think about it. Look at the existing letters from the other words crossing it.

DeletedUser100008

You can fill in the crossword in Paint with a bit of fiddling :)
Use Courier New, size 14, bold, and leave spaces between letters in horizontal words...
It's not a great crossword though, there are quite a few very dodgy clues... 23 down actually took me the longest to figure out...

As for the wordsearch, there are a LOT of overlapping words... :/
Basically any word which can fit completely inside another only exists inside the other one (apart from Boo, you can find that outside Boonanza as well)...
So Black, Blood, Broom, Cat, Dead, Devil, Evil, Freak, Frighten, Ghost, Ghoul, Grave and Full(ish) are there inside the longer ones...
Fog is there twice, Cemetery is only there once :p
Also, about half the grid isn't used... It looks a lot like some sort of auto-generation program was allowed to run about half way and then stopped...

Still, it's just a bit of fun :)

DeletedUser15986

I've completed the wordsearch, but the outlines for the final result is pretty crowded in places (due to the words overlapping) and I don't envy whoever has to check the image as being correct.