• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2014

DeletedUser105330

thank u for such a fast reply!
thank you for the link, i read the previous post so i have to do more quests :)

DeletedUser5180

oh! thak you, what a fast reply!
so i have to go on the quests more
thanks again

The forums are pretty good when you're looking for help. May I suggest trying to find an active guild that will accept new players, this will help you in many ways early on in the game with trades, advice etch.

Each world has its own separate forum here, with a Guild Recruitment sub-forum that you could check out

Katarrh

Private
I didn't claim it was impossible to move past the ME map without diamonds. I said it was impossible to do everything in two weeks that was required unless you happened to have been prepared -- far from refuting my point, Ocelot Aardvark supported it. And I don't think that getting across the map is out of the question with 'lesser' units per se, but to conquer a whole province, scout and conquer another at a higher level in the time allotted is not a reasonable task for an event.

My intention was to point out that the event is inherently much easier for some players than for others due to game elements mostly beyond their control. People's complaints or difficulties shouldn't be dismissed out of hand just because the event is 'free.'

Telling me I only have myself to blame is the kind of dismissive attitude that keeps people from posting or asking questions. Rosletyne has no idea what my situation is -- I haven't been playing the game for 3 years, and I didn't know they were planning a Halloween event -- other games I've played changed event timing and types. So no, I could not have necessarily predicted this. I had another quest that required scouting at the time and when I look back it's actually 3 weeks ago. Should the game really revolve around events to such a huge extent where players are constantly deciding what to do based on possible quests in events?

Someone else suggested that I trade for what I needed, and that is my only realistic option, but as several other members are caught in the same position, I think it's going to be difficult to make it.

And I do think the events are out of balance relative to the greater difficulty of the newer eras.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12778

I didn't claim it was impossible to move past the ME map without diamonds. I said it was impossible to do everything in two weeks that was required unless you happened to have been prepared -- far from refuting my point, Ocelot Aardvark supported it. And I don't think that getting across the map is out of the question with 'lesser' units per se, but to conquer a whole province, scout and conquer another at a higher level in the time allotted is not a reasonable task for an event.

My intention was to point out that the event is inherently much easier for some players than for others due to game elements mostly beyond their control. People's complaints or difficulties shouldn't be dismissed out of hand just because the event is 'free.'

And I do think the events are out of balance relative to the newer eras.

I do think you're right. I was here leveling My Gbs at the end of PME while doing repeteable quests, donating goods to my guild treasury and planning to stay on PME for a bit a then collect goods until my good stock was decent but the event forces me to go to CE, begg my friends and guildmates for goods, conquer one CE province using PME units wich cost me a lot of units and now i'm on CE and i can't do repeatable quests had to stop donating goods to the treasury because know i have to do be ready for the winter event since they'll probably do something like this i don't feel like wasting half of my army to do a quest

DeletedUser5399

hi
i joined the game yesterday for halloween events but i don't have the pumpkin sign on the screen, why?
why i can't participate in the halloween event?
thank you ahead

From what I've read, you need to complete the Tutorial before the Halloween Pumpkins appear and give you the quests. :)

DeletedUser5180

I do think you're right. I was here leveling My Gbs at the end of PME while doing repeteable quests, donating goods to my guild treasury and planning to stay on PME for a bit a then collect goods until my good stock was decent but the event forces me to go to CE, begg my friends and guildmates for goods, conquer one CE province using PME units wich cost me a lot of units and now i'm on CE and i can't do repeatable quests had to stop donating goods to the treasury because know i have to do be ready for the winter event since they'll probably do something like this i don't feel like wasting half of my army to do a quest

i'm not disagreeing with your post but if you wanted to stay in PME for whatever reasons and those listed are basically a game style you have chosen rather than a natural progression through the game then it is unfortunate that the event has given you a dilema....either stick where you are and miss out on the quest OR progress onwards and find the quest will be difficult to complete.

either way, you're not forced to do either, its a choice you've had to make and i think that's the point some posts here have been making, that no-one is forced to do the quest. It may have disrupted your plans to 'stay put' in PME but you were not forced into it as your post suggests that you feel you were.

there are dangers of staying put in the game rather than progress, this is one example of that, ending up in a hood with more advanced players (tech wise) is another that springs to mind, i'm sure there are plenty others which should always be taken into account before choosing this playing style.

all of what i've mentioned is not a criticism, nor me trying to say tough luck, i'm trying to point out that playing a certain way CAN affect you in different ways

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

and I didn't know they were planning a Halloween event

Players who ignore the wealth of information on the forum don't have the right to complain about being caught off guard. Halloween was spoken of repeatedly on here, even without event specific information you had the ability to find out what was likely to happen, and get a sense for the sort of things you might have to do. I dislike how you're making it out to seem like people with fore knowledge were given an unfair advantage, they were not. They were simply taking advantage of all the information that is available to them. As all smart gamers should.

There was nothing out of your control, you simply did not take advantage of the information that was accessible through one small click. Its not like the forums were hidden and you needed to know the secret hand shake to get in.

I was not prepared for the event, especially not in K world where I had just finished a tech, just reached a map sector that I could not conquer and had just donated my meager goods holdings to the guild treasury, and it didn't take weeks. It barely took days. Even on the new world where everyone was hurting for goods, everyone was in the same boat, a guild full of helpful people and that was a decent size was all it took.

The only people truly out of luck with the event, were anyone who completely completed the CE map prior to the event starting. For everyone else completing the quests should have been largely a matter of doing all the normal elements of game play. And for any CE player I think any out of balance was compensated by the better reward.

Be warned, Kat1030, there is a winter event and last year it had all manner of quests similar to this one.

DeletedUser7719

The only people truly out of luck with the event, were anyone who completely completed the CE map prior to the event starting. For everyone else completing the quests should have been largely a matter of doing all the normal elements of game play. And for any CE player I think any out of balance was compensated by the better reward.
Anyone who completed the CE map would have some of the quest auto-completed if it was asking to scout a province, infiltrate a sector, acquire a sector/province, etc.
Same for those finished with the tech having a quest asking them to research something ;)

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I haven't been playing the game for 3 years...

Neither have I, but you don't reach Progressive Era overnight. You must have been here for more than one event, and should have had an idea what to expect. Event quests have not always been easy for me to complete either, but I learned from them, and so should you.

I don't know what you expected from us. If you truly are stuck, I can't think of anything we can do about it, the game is simply not going to change for you. I also can't agree that this would have been beyond your control. You chose to enter the next age map, you chose to do next age quests. Both were your own choices, and that is why I say you brought this on yourself. Just because you can do something does not mean that you should, or that you would have to. I have at times waited for weeks without moving on the map or advancing on a quest. So I have to wonder, why are you trying to do things that are beyond your current level of technology, and expect the game to accommodate you?

DeletedUser

Ocelot, if I'm reading that right ...
the quest assumes you have a graveyard. Did you win one last year? If you have one, sell it. If it's still in your inventory, build it now and sell it. If you've already sold it, contact in-game support and explain that.

Well I don't have one.

DeletedUser1081

Well I don't have one.

If you don't have one, you'll get a different quest. At least that's how it's supposed to work, so if you get the requirement to sell something you don't have, contact in-game support.

And don't use rough language in the forum - it's against the rules and creates extra work for the already-busy moderators.

DeletedUser7990

Maybe if the quests were done in a random order, it would make things a little more challenging.

DeletedUser12778

i'm not disagreeing with your post but if you wanted to stay in PME for whatever reasons and those listed are basically a game style you have chosen rather than a natural progression through the game then it is unfortunate that the event has given you a dilema....either stick where you are and miss out on the quest OR progress onwards and find the quest will be difficult to complete.

either way, you're not forced to do either, its a choice you've had to make and i think that's the point some posts here have been making, that no-one is forced to do the quest. It may have disrupted your plans to 'stay put' in PME but you were not forced into it as your post suggests that you feel you were.

there are dangers of staying put in the game rather than progress, this is one example of that, ending up in a hood with more advanced players (tech wise) is another that springs to mind, i'm sure there are plenty others which should always be taken into account before choosing this playing style.

all of what i've mentioned is not a criticism, nor me trying to say tough luck, i'm trying to point out that playing a certain way CAN affect you in different ways

Yeah I know, but jumping to CE without a good stock is annoying, i need to produce ind age goods in order to produce PME goods, I need to produce CA goods in order to produce ME goods and i'll have to fit CE goods buildings so it is a lot of space wasted. I was producing only CA and ME goods while receiving PME goods from the repeatable quests and ind A goods from Gbs Also leveling my GBs trough FP swaps gave me Bps, Fp packs, Medals and make my Gbs strong plus it is useless to have Gbs if you have them all on lvl 1 except for St mark even on lvl 1 the coin boost it gaves you is pretty good

I'm just saying that it would be good if they had alternative quests, that aren't related to the tech tree or the campaign map

DeletedUser5180

I'm just saying that it would be good if they had alternative quests, that aren't related to the tech tree or the campaign map

I would say the two main elements of the game are the tech tree & the campaign map, yes there are others but without making progress on these two the rest of the game becomes irrelevant ie, gaining goods deposits and expansions on the map & unlocking new buildings, military and expansions on the tech tree. without these 2 main elements the whole game grinds to a halt 9just ask those who spend months at the end of both and are waiting for a new age / era to begin)

bearing this in mind there is no way a special event that involves completing quests will happen without these two main elements being included.

DeletedUser

Anyone who completed the CE map would have some of the quest auto-completed if it was asking to scout a province, infiltrate a sector, acquire a sector/province, etc.
Same for those finished with the tech having a quest asking them to research something ;)
That is very good to know.

DeletedUser6560

Anyone help i'm stuck on take or torment. i've plundered people thinking thats what required but nothings happened.
Oh and can we keep to halloween quest here.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
That was the one where the riddle said you needed to turn your map green, right?

You need to gain a province. Conquer or negotiate.

DeletedUser

Explore or extinction!

Go to the continent map and scout a new province.