• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2014

DeletedUser96695

ophion, I agree with most of what you said, but the event is not free.

It costs us diamonds ( if you play with diamonds ), coins, supplies, goods and most of all with me is alterations of my plans for the town or city.

My big complain about this event is the 1 DAY notice. Letting us know of the start of the event the day before it starts is not long enough to prepare for the event.

Also if the event was tested on the beta server, any player there has the advantage of time to prepare and also knowledge of the actual quests that are to be used.

As the event has previously been played, testing on the beta server is not required. As only the quest should change, the programming software should be the same ( with slight changes ) as the previous event.

If testing of these changes is required, then an internal test by Inno staff should be enough.

It do not need diamond to play unless u want to rush, pay diamond to speed-up scouting..etc
but u do not need to do that...there is plenty of time

Regarding your point on beta tester
You must go into a guild that is not helpful, try to find a better guild
Most guild, i believe, in game world
they already has full details of all the quests
Like me, i pass whole quest-line to guild in game world
All our guild-mate can prepare b4 Hallween Event start

Apart from this, some guild are freind to each other
and they are freinds in this game
They already pass whole quest-line to freinds or freindly guild
There is no particularly advantage to any player in game world except "for those player who play individually < no freind, no guild-mate support>"
In reality, there is dis-advanatge for beta player in beta world as
they need to dis-cover all bugs and help game developer to launch that event to game world
while player in game world always harvest the best

anyway,
if meet any problem while playing Halloween Event
just shout, u will get help in the quest-line

DeletedUser14782

gawd, i love how all of you people care so flippin' much about a game, when you have something called REAL LIFE in there too? geez, if you dont like it, don't play it.

DeletedUser

byeordie

You say that you play/moderate beta for many hours, I am lucky to get 1 hour, plus the odd minutes I can grab at work.

I can not see a Beta Forum access from the game or here. How can I access it and do I need an account on the beta server to access it.

As to my "complaining" about beta server player, I am not complaining about them testing for bugs ( although there seem to be many still about, see the Bug Fixes in the weekly updates ), it is the "Rewards" you say they should get.

Do they do beta testing only for rewards, or for other reasons!!!

If "rewards" are to be given, it should not be advanced knowledge of "Events". This gives to much advantage over the rest of us.

As I said in #12, testing of these Events should be internally by Inno.

I do database progamming, not gaming, but I know mechanisms of doing certain thing do not change, what is being delivered does.

Doing a proper beta test is good but depends on the tester. A knowledgeable person on what you are testing is better than Joe Blogg's off the street ( no offence ment ), who has to learn about it first. This is something you learn about testing programs.

This is why I say Inno staff should do this, also as it should take a short time testing.

I have had my say, and therefore will not reply to people unless pacifically asked.

DeletedUser

It do not need diamond to play unless u want to rush, pay diamond to speed-up scouting..etc
but u do not need to do that...there is plenty of time

Regarding your point on beta tester
You must go into a guild that is not helpful, try to find a better guild
Most guild, i believe, in game world
they already has full details of all the quests
Like me, i pass whole quest-line to guild in game world
All our guild-mate can prepare b4 Hallween Event start

Apart from this, some guild are freind to each other
and they are freinds in this game
They already pass whole quest-line to freinds or freindly guild
There is no particularly advantage to any player in game world except "for those player who play individually < no freind, no guild-mate support>"
In reality, there is dis-advanatge for beta player in beta world as
they need to dis-cover all bugs and help game developer to launch that event to game world
while player in game world always harvest the best

anyway,
if meet any problem while playing Halloween Event
just shout, u will get help in the quest-line

conqueror9, from your reply, you are not English ( I am not suggesting anything by that ) and may misunderstood my reply to ophion.

I did not say you need diamonds, I said it may cost diamonds (if you play with diamonds), and the others items, giving the examples that it is NOT a FREE event.

A Free Event means it does not cost you anything, including anything in the Quests.

As to the Beta Server, I did not mention anything about Guilds, and did not fully understand what you were commenting about.

If you are saying that Guilds already have the quests before the Event has started in the game world(s), I believe this may be against the game rules.

Can a Moderator confirm or deny this.

I know it is against Forum rules for Quest information for Events to be posted before the Event starts, but if its ok in the game world, it is another reason why these Events should NOT be tested on the beta server. It gives all Guild members advantage over non-Guild players.

Beta players are NOT disadvantaged by being in the "beta world" and finding bugs, that supposed to be why they are there.

I do not understand the last bit of the beta player comment, concerning why the game world player "always harvest the best".

I think you are saying the game world player has the advantage over the beta player, for whatever the reason.

if so, that is incorrect. A player who has prior quest knowledge ( ie a beta player and now it seems, most guild members ) will always have advantage over a player without quest knowledge.

A beta player will always have an advantage over most or many game players, as they have some extra time to prepare for the quest.

Before people say why you need to prepare, you always need to prepare for quests.

For example I unlocked a research the day before the Event was announced, giving a 1 Day notice of its start. The lowest next research I have will take 60+ FP's, meaning something like 3 days worth of FP's to be able to unlock this. If the 1st quest was to say unlock a research, it will take that 3 days to complete just to complete that quest.

Advanced knowledge would mean I would have waited to unlock it.

DeletedUser

gawd, i love how all of you people care so flippin' much about a game, when you have something called REAL LIFE in there too? geez, if you dont like it, don't play it.

naterichster, it seems you dont have a "Real Life" and therefore have a lot of time to play this game but also dont seem to care about this flippin game , why are you still playing it.

If you dont have anything constructive to say, dont post.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

conqueror9, from your reply, you are not English ( I am not suggesting anything by that ) and may misunderstood my reply to ophion.

I did not say you need diamonds, I said it may cost diamonds (if you play with diamonds), and the others items, giving the examples that it is NOT a FREE event.

A Free Event means it does not cost you anything, including anything in the Quests.

As to the Beta Server, I did not mention anything about Guilds, and did not fully understand what you were commenting about.

If you are saying that Guilds already have the quests before the Event has started in the game world(s), I believe this may be against the game rules.

Can a Moderator confirm or deny this.

I know it is against Forum rules for Quest information for Events to be posted before the Event starts, but if its ok in the game world, it is another reason why these Events should NOT be tested on the beta server. It gives all Guild members advantage over non-Guild players.

Beta players are NOT disadvantaged by being in the "beta world" and finding bugs, that supposed to be why they are there.

I do not understand the last bit of the beta player comment, concerning why the game world player "always harvest the best".

I think you are saying the game world player has the advantage over the beta player, for whatever the reason.

if so, that is incorrect. A player who has prior quest knowledge ( ie a beta player and now it seems, most guild members ) will always have advantage over a player without quest knowledge.

A beta player will always have an advantage over most or many game players, as they have some extra time to prepare for the quest.

Before people say why you need to prepare, you always need to prepare for quests.

For example I unlocked a research the day before the Event was announced, giving a 1 Day notice of its start. The lowest next research I have will take 60+ FP's, meaning something like 3 days worth of FP's to be able to unlock this. If the 1st quest was to say unlock a research, it will take that 3 days to complete just to complete that quest.

Advanced knowledge would mean I would have waited to unlock it.

Haven't most of the special events so far required you to spend gold coins/supplies? So what are you whining about with this one? And earlier you said about the "Do 6 1 Hour productions", just put hunters down and sell when finished...
Also, with the FP's, so what if the first quest takes 3 days to complete. That gives you 3 days to collect coins supplies for the other quests, nullifying your earlier comment. Just enjoy the game, it's not like playing this game directly affects you in real life, does it? So why should it bother you so much?

DeletedUser97349

Doing a proper beta test is good but depends on the tester. A knowledgeable person on what you are testing is better than Joe Blogg's off the street ( no offence ment ), who has to learn about it first. This is something you learn about testing programs.

This is why I say Inno staff should do this, also as it should take a short time testing.

Inno staff do indeed test all additional content in this manner before it is released onto the beta server. The variety between the conditions of players accounts are such that this is not sufficient to apprehend all issues before releasing on to live servers. An effective beta testing server is vital for this purpose.

DeletedUser

Haven't most of the special events so far required you to spend gold coins/supplies? So what are you whining about with this one? And earlier you said about the "Do 6 1 Hour productions", just put hunters down and sell when finished...
Also, with the FP's, so what if the first quest takes 3 days to complete. That gives you 3 days to collect coins supplies for the other quests, nullifying your earlier comment. Just enjoy the game, it's not like playing this game directly affects you in real life, does it? So why should it bother you so much?

Am I writing in double dutch or sometime. You are the 3rd person to say I am whining or complaining about spending coins, etc in a this or any special event.

My reply to ophion who said it was a FREE event, was that it was not FREE as you have to spend coins etc. A Free Event means you do not pay for anything ie coins etc.

I have never moaned about spending coins etc. on any special event.

The 6 1hour productions was Day not Hour, and was about a comment by some to me, concerning why I need to prepare for an event. As you suggested I should just put down Hunter, that is preparation and also finding space(s) for them is also preparation.

You may not need space for this but I do. I use all my available space for the city buildings. If you have a lot of free space to use, thats great, but I dont.

As to the FP's, it was also about the need to prepare for the event, in relationship to the 1 Day start notice of this event.

All other events I have completed in, had more notice time, possibly up to a week or even more.

No this game does not affect my "Real Life", but as I indicated before, my "Real Life" does effect my playing time (1hr+ per day).

What does bother me are people replying to comments I posted to someone else, and getting their facts wrong.

I did say in another post that I would let others have their say ( about the subject of this thread ). But I cannot let people mis-quote me, especially when they are not commenting on the subject itself.

DeletedUser5180

Am I writing in double dutch or sometime. You are the 3rd person to say I am whining or complaining about spending coins, etc in a this or any special event.

My reply to ophion who said it was a FREE event, was that it was not FREE as you have to spend coins etc. A Free Event means you do not pay for anything ie coins etc.

The 6 1hour productions was Day not Hour, and was about a comment by some to me, concerning why I need to prepare for an event. As you suggested I should just put down Hunter, that is preparation and also finding space(s) for them is also preparation.

You may not need space for this but I do. I use all my available space for the city buildings. If you have a lot of free space to use, thats great, but I dont.

As to the FP's, it was also about the need to prepare for the event, in relationship to the 1 Day start notice of this event.

All other events I have completed in, had more notice time, possibly up to a week or even more.

No this game does not affect my "Real Life", but as I indicated before, my "Real Life" does effect my playing time (1hr+ per day).

What does bother me are people replying to comments I posted to someone else, and getting their facts wrong.

I did say in another post that I would let others have their say ( about the subject of this thread ). But I cannot let people mis-quote me, especially when they are not commenting on the subject itself.

You may not be writing in double Dutch but you are missing the whole point which both myself and Ophion made at the start of the thread in reply to the original post.

Unless you for some reason put your hand in your pocket and spend hard earned cash on coins and supplies when the rest of the FoE community here on EN, beta or the dozens of other servers collect these virtual items then it IS INDEED FREE TO PLAY, just as the whole game is free to play if you choose.

Now, which part of that is hard to understand?

DeletedUser

I think you've misunderstood the term 'free'

No real cash needs to be spent to complete this event. It is therefore free.

If you want to just get items for doing nothing then what's the point. I think when you make posts like that it's a sign that you need to find another game to play and leave this one to the people who actually enjoy it. Bye.

DeletedUser104832

Yes, you are right....you are not whining about spending coins, you are just WHINING and a lot of it.....:)

As some guys previously mentioned....if you don't like it, don't play it....if you are not prepared, don't play it.....next time you will be whining about regular quest, that you have to do, but you were not PREPARED do do it...:)

DeletedUser5180

Yes, you are right....you are not whining about spending coins, you are just WHINING and a lot of it.....:)

As some guys previously mentioned....if you don't like it, don't play it....if you are not prepared, don't play it.....next time you will be whining about regular quest, that you have to do, but you were not PREPARED do do it...:)

I'm at work and on my fone right now (yes, Barclays I do have a life and work full time) and can't add rep for this post, I'll try and remember to do so when I log in with the lappy tho :)

DeletedUser2989

An even better building (space wise) would be the blacksmith :)

DeletedUser15986

Any ideas on how to deal with the situation where I now have to conquer 2 complete CE provinces with just a handful of ME units? (In order to explore I need to defeat the first CE sector, but I only have a handful of unattached ME units to work with... I then have to take another one for the Take quest.)

Suggestions to negotiate will be gladly taken, as long as you can friend me on Brisgard and fulfil my trade requests for CE goods - because at the moment CE goods are at a massive premium given that the Era has only just been introduced. (I've got trades already posted.)

DeletedUser14664

You have access to CE map and have only ME units ? How does that happen ?

DeletedUser5180

Any ideas on how to deal with the situation where I now have to conquer 2 complete CE provinces with just a handful of ME units? (In order to explore I need to defeat the first CE sector, but I only have a handful of unattached ME units to work with... I then have to take another one for the Take quest.)

Suggestions to negotiate will be gladly taken, as long as you can friend me on Brisgard and fulfil my trade requests for CE goods - because at the moment CE goods are at a massive premium given that the Era has only just been introduced. (I've got trades already posted.)

I guess you are much further on with the map compared to the tech tree if your on CE map yet only have some unattached ME troops?

DeletedUser15986

You have access to CE map and have only ME units ? How does that happen ?
I guess you are much further on with the map compared to the tech tree if your on CE map yet only have some unattached ME troops?

I got the units from quests after reaching the ME map, and they helped me complete the ME map (before the GBs were nerfed) and lots of the PME map too... (I negotiated some of the PME map as well.)

DeletedUser5180

I got the units from quests after reaching the ME map, and they helped me complete the ME map (before the GBs were nerfed) and lots of the PME map too... (I negotiated some of the PME map as well.)

Am I correct in thinking yor city is progressive era or have you reached ME and just haven't researched any military yet? Also what stats are your attack / defence of your attacking army?