• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Halloween Discussion thread

DeletedUser15432

It seems that as with a lot of these things, only those who are most advanced through the game can really achieve anything. The newbies or the player s who are only about half way through the Ages can not get anywhere near getting through the tasks for Halloween. I wonder what the stats are on who gets to the end of the campaign. Not much fun really.

Well, I am only just into colonial and I have had no trouble completing all the quests on three separate worlds

DeletedUser15432

I am participating in the Halloween event in 5 cities, ranging from PE to iron age. The harder part for me with lower cities was conquering provinces as i tend to race ahead on the map, so the goods required for negotiating are way above what i can produce myself (and i also had to conquer provinces in order to get a scout able to go off exploring again for one quest). But that was part of the challenge! Building and immediately selling a goods building left me a bit short on supplies in one city. The thing that made by far the biggest difference between my different cities, was how active and supportive the guild was. Without helpful guild members the whole questline would have been a lot harder to achieve, as well as a lot more expensive in Forge Points. I am on the final quest in 2 cities, completed it in one, and am on the last few quests in the other two. All should be completed before the event ends. And, for me, a whole lot of fun all round!

The hardest one for me was the first city I ever started on Fel Dranghyr as I only have two types of troops basically 16 great swords and 20 trebuckets and I have managed to acquire a good proportion of the Industrial age extra provinces and one of the progressive era provinces, I have a few colonial age units and the actual hardest quest was the one where you have to conquer a single sector. To actually get the two sectors was fairly easy as chose the analog England and then went on and acquired the remaining two sectors as well

DeletedUser

I've tried searching the thread but I can't see an answer. On the "Contribute or quiet" task I know you're supposed to support 13 great buildings but no one in my neighbours or guild have a great building. The riddle also says "If somehow this you cannot do, technologies two I'll accept from you" Does anyone know what this part means so I can still complete the challenge?
Thank you

DeletedUser

Okay, so is it just me, or is there an error in this riddle? It clearly states "Not so light and not so heavy, not so ranged and not so fast, five I want to see amassed."

How does a long range unit qualify as not so ranged?

Cheers!
In my situation, I went and built two slinger ranges, because I thought I could do it cheaply and get away with it, but I already had a canon camp in my town.

The slingers did not work, but then I noticed something to do with age, so I built another canon camp and voila! It worked. So if you already have one type already built, then build another one.

DeletedUser

if you type in the global chat that u are on that quest and need to give 13fp I guarantee u will find many takers :-)

DeletedUser9168

In my situation, I went and built two slinger ranges, because I thought I could do it cheaply and get away with it, but I already had a canon camp in my town.

The slingers did not work, but then I noticed something to do with age, so I built another canon camp and voila! It worked. So if you already have one type already built, then build another one.

lol, Basherz - it is STONETHROWERS you need, not slingers - all my worlds are sprinkled with the darn things now! Actually, where i had been ultra-careful and not lost the unattached stonethrower they gave you early in the game, i only needed to build the one barracks to get my 5. i think we only ever got a stonethrower reward once.

DeletedUser15432

lol, Basherz - it is STONETHROWERS you need, not slingers - all my worlds are sprinkled with the darn things now! Actually, where i had been ultra-careful and not lost the unattached stonethrower they gave you early in the game, i only needed to build the one barracks to get my 5. i think we only ever got a stonethrower reward once.

Well on this I automatically completed the quest as soon as it was accepted as I generally have a lot of artillery, all of the same type as well, and yes there was only ever 1 stone thrower awarded per world as one of the early quests. I think on Dinegu, I have somewhere about 35 trebs available for use.

DeletedUser

I thought the Halloween event was rubbish !!
To explain further.....
This last event has taken the same route as many others before, in that it's way, way, way too easy.
I understand that the lesser active players need to have a reasonable chance to finish it but what about your active players ? We all complete these events within an average of a day & a half !! Our only challenge is to see how quickly we can complete them !!

How about having an event where there is a possibility that we cannot finish it !! Not impossible, but very hard. With maybe a really super reward.
The last time we had an event in that fashion was Easter. The rest have been rather disappointing imo.
We get all excited about a refreshing change to the daily routine & it's all over in 24 - 36 hours.....Damn, another let down :(

Sorry to be negative about it, but feedback only makes the game better.

1393784_10202292135650618_291307726_n.jpg

DeletedUser

Lol, silly me!! :cool:

DeletedUser

I have one question...
One my friend start play this game a month ago.
He reached the Iron Age, and now has a problem with the Halloween quest No.16 (Sell or sorrow)
He do not have old Graveyard for sell. Is there a way how to finish this task in iron age?
I really don not know how...

DeletedUser16026

If he did not have any Graveyard, he would have the quest version that asks him to delete 3 buildings of his age, and in return he'd receive a Graveyard.

DeletedUser

If he did not have any Graveyard, he would have the quest version that asks him to delete 3 buildings of his age, and in return he'd receive a Graveyard.

I tell him that try delete Tavern and He try but no effect.
Does anyone know which building in the Iron Age must delete 3x to pass this quest?

DeletedUser9168

If he is in the Iron Age, i suggest he builds 3 Flower Tubs in his city and then deletes them as the cheapest, least destructive option to satisfy the quest.

(the Tavern is a Bronze Age building - that's why that wouldn't have worked)

DeletedUser6065

If he is in the Iron Age, i suggest he builds 3 Flower Tubs in his city and then deletes them as the cheapest, least destructive option to satisfy the quest.

(the Tavern is a Bronze Age building - that's why that wouldn't have worked)
But first, call up the Building Menu on your City Screen. Look at each building (Iron Age buildings usually start on page 6/7), and it will tell you the 'age' of the building. For example Iron Age residences are Roof Tile and Cottage. An Iron Age building may already exist. Delete any three - they don't have to be the same type. NOTE: Decorations (such as Flower Tubs) and roads qualify as 'buildings'. . . mk

DeletedUser15425

i'm having trouble with the quest that actually rewards the old graveyard. what EXACTLY needs to be sold in order to get the graveyard? I'm in ProgEra and I'm not going to sell a hard earned expensive house or other big buildings to get a bit of extra happiness... I tried selling some small things, and that didn't work.

DeletedUser15425

like I said, I already tried that. and it didn't work. I sold PE roads and decos, and it didn't count. sorry if it was unclear before

DeletedUser96901

i'm having trouble with the quest that actually rewards the old graveyard. what EXACTLY needs to be sold in order to get the graveyard? I'm in ProgEra and I'm not going to sell a hard earned expensive house or other big buildings to get a bit of extra happiness... I tried selling some small things, and that didn't work.
it's so simple
if (REWARD = OLD GRAVEYARD) then (SELL GRAVEYARD)
if (REWARD = GRAVEYARD) then (SELL 3 BUILDINGS FROM YOUR AGE)

DeletedUser3157

like I said, I already tried that. and it didn't work. I sold PE roads and decos, and it didn't count. sorry if it was unclear before

Worked for me in all worlds. Maybe u have old graveyard still left somewhere? inventory or smth? what did the quest text actually say?