• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Halloween 2020 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

The Halloween Event begins on October 15th. Read all about it here and leave your feedback below!

Thrawnf

Corporal
Ok I have a critic: we need to wait 3 day to have this event starting :D:D:D

this event look great, I love the process, much better than opening gift or chest...

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Great Mechanic, always enjoy that although the EBs don't seem much to write home about. Still, they might prove an addition to, rather than replacement for Cottages. The rest of the goodies make this a decent Event rewards wise, can't land too many Boosts and especially looking forward to Asylum Ups.
All 3 final forms of the HoH's give a def% boost to the attacking army, so Wolf House right away destroys Appleton Cottage. :P
Even the Daemon House is a strait upgrade over Appleton, since atm, gaining def% boost is much harder vs. adding on yet more atk% boost... the only real 'loser' here is the Clown House, since the goods boost is meagre, despite the Clown NPC being so heinously cute to see walking about one's city.

And, as some added bonus food for thought:
Unless something drastic happens on Beta, this year's Winter event is a massive dumpster fire of an event... awful, hot-garbage level 'grand' prizes, (Bakeries) which at this time, have some of the weakest stats we've seen in a long time, and they function as an ungodly awkward set of 3-4 buildings w/3x5 footprints each! O.O
Oh, and the gakfest '3k diamonds for the 9 'deers are back, plus an all new 'diamond only' prize that'll run at least 5-6k to acquire.

So unless a sizable re-working happens on beta within the next 7-10 days, this WILL BE the event to spend diamonds on to complete 2x House of Horrors. ;)

Jhuie

Sergeant
i don't know if this is allowed but am i allowed to ask what day is the wishing well the daily special

Neylur

Private
i don't know if this is allowed but am i allowed to ask what day is the wishing well the daily special
In BETA ~ the Wishing Well Shrinking Kit was the 8th Grand Prize and the Wishing Well was the 15th Grand Prize. The Grand Prizes 'tend' to stay in the same order. However both the WW and the Shrinking Kit also appear as Daily Prizes ~ these typically are randomly re-sorted from Beta to the Live Servers.

Knight of ICE

In BETA ~ the Wishing Well Shrinking Kit was the 8th Grand Prize and the Wishing Well was the 15th Grand Prize. The Grand Prizes 'tend' to stay in the same order. However both the WW and the Shrinking Kit also appear as Daily Prizes ~ these typically are randomly re-sorted from Beta to the Live Servers.

Daily prizes can still be different. Fact that they appear on the beta is no guarantee they will appear on the live servers.

Jhuie

Sergeant
thanks

Goremise

Lieutenant-General

I like how we need to add so many disclaimers now after that whole checkmate square debacle. constant " " and "Btw, the precedent changed only during that event and because of that event we now have to say beta prizes may not appear since that event specifically happened" xD

I doubt this forum will ever forget that day, it was so active at the time... with complaints sure but at least it was active, lol

Powe

Brigadier-General
I like how we need to add so many disclaimers now after that whole checkmate square debacle. constant " " and "Btw, the precedent changed only during that event and because of that event we now have to say beta prizes may not appear since that event specifically happened" xD

I doubt this forum will ever forget that day, it was so active at the time... with complaints sure but at least it was active, lol
There were a couple of events before it that changed daily specials from beta.

chicca01

Private
is it normal that I still don't have the countdown on my screen for this event? Usually, before an event, I can see it on the top-left side, just under the happiness indicator

Ubermensch

Private
Statistically speaking HALLOWEEN 2020 is the best event of the year.
It's simple, you buy your tickets and look for prizes, there are no extra functions that will confuse you.
instead in the WINTER 2020 event, if it is very confusing. also an abandoned asylum is twice as strong as the train.

Here is a player who does a comparison of events and gives a lot of advice.
I think that Halloween 2020 is the best event of the year
put in the search: halloween 2020 forge of empires experts

two asylum abandoned is more profitable than 4 trains, that's why this event is better, many forge points and a lot of attack!, Perfect

t1.jpg

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I'm ready.

h.jpg

Looks complicated, but roughly, the production area is divided into three blocks, the 1h block, the 4h block, and the 8h block, each block consisting more than 12 blacksmiths; while the all-age buildings (upgraded to current age by the way), including Cidar Mills and Magnums, along with some extra sporadic blacksmiths on the outskirts are for 24h productions.

Emberguard

Legend
"Btw, the precedent changed only during that event and because of that event we now have to say beta prizes may not appear since that event specifically happened" xD
1) Beta has always stated things can and will change between Beta and Live servers
2) Beta had daily specials change in events prior to the checkmate square. People just didn't care or didn't notice because it wasn't on something they wanted before