• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween 2018

DeletedUser115027

The fact that you are being put against an army beyond your age seems strange to me. As far as I am aware, event quests, daily challenges and guild expeditions should only put you against troops from your age or 1 age below. Are you sure you did not mix up the armies you were facing in different age cities?

As for the goods I am sorry but if you are so low on goods that you can not complete the few negotiations for the event without using diamonds, that is just poor planning on your part.

If you just build 1 of each boosted good building for your age and previous age and regularly put up trades on the market for the rest, it should be enough to produce any goods you need unless you want to negotiate all of GE.

Repeatable quests are also a good source of goods, but it's probably more reliable to get them from goods buildings unless you have a high level Chateau.

In any case, you should not ever be so low on goods unless you have been completely neglecting goods production. If you are having trouble trading on the market, try joining a more active guild - usually people are happy to take guild trades as they don't cost fp to accept.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boorg

Captain
I love the seasonal quest like the Fall questline, winter quest, Halloween quest. Ladt years hLloween event was fine, but this year the issue I have is that in a couple of the quest you have a choice to either defeat a LARGE army or solve this large encounter. The large army has 11 men @ colonial age were we can only use 8 men, for some players they are at late middle age, high middle age or lower an to compete against 11 colonial army men you wouldn't be able to win. Also to negotiate if you don't have that good deposit then you have to spend diamonds to pay to negotiate. I spent 45 diamonds vin one of my worlds but then if the negotiations are wrong you have to spend mre diamonds till you get it right. For those players who dont have a load f diamonds how can we negotiate an if our army is not strong enough how can e win...we can't which leaves us stuck and unable to complete the questline. Thats just my opinion and maybe something can change. I play 7 worlds and only in 2 of them cities could I advance from a the uest - defeat a large army or solve large negotiations. The other 5 cities I play are stuck at the point. Which is unfair because I dont have a lot of diamods even to advance in 1 city. And my army is not at a colonial level. NOT FAIR..BUT MY OPINION

I can’t understand how you say the army to defeat is a Colonial Age Army if you are not in that Age, normally it’s the Age you are in.

The Army’s I had to defeat in all the worlds I play in were all the same age of the respective world. If your troops are weak use boosts from the tavern (a 24 hour attack boost gives your troops a 30% boost) plus you can also use one (only one at a time) attack boost item from your inventory (max 20% boost), that will give your troops a 50% attack boost.

Apart from that I didn’t need to use any Diamonds to finish the Event.

As for the goods I am sorry but if you are so low on goods that you can not complete the few negotiations for the event without using diamonds, that is just poor planning on your part.

Also as already pointed out one must plan and have available enough resources for any eventuality especially if one wants to complete an Event and not expect everything to fall into place by itself.

Boorg

Captain
When Events and Questlines were less challenging people complained.

Now that Events and Questlines are more challenging people also complain.

How funny, I can’t understand what people want!!!

Agent327

Overlord
I have prided myself on successfully completing all events, it is rather disappointing that suddenly, after years of playing, that I will not be able to complete this event. For someone that has played for several years and is basically waiting for content soon after the last batch is released, this is an absurd statement to have to make.

Yes it is. You have had years to make sure you are strong enough. You failed, so it is absurd to put the blame on the quest.

Emberguard

Legend
This is likely something the Devs are playing around with in regards to event balance. After all one of the recent events (fall if I recall correctly) had multiple quests running side by side.

I'd use this event as a chance to re-evaluate your city. Look at where the weaknesses are, work out what would be necessary to fix those weaknesses, and decide whether you want to take that route or keep it as is.

I agree it is harder to complete if you do not already have a city that's well established for its current age. Theres no way around that problem beyond going through the tech tree and updating your city to match.

if you are struggling don't feel pressured to skip ahead in ages for your GBs if you don't want to play that way. The first city I completed the event on with a week to spare only uses current age and below GBs (Industrial Age city)

DeletedUser96901

I understand it

people need something to complain about

if the have nothing they would complain that they don't have something to complain about

Emberguard

Legend
Sometimes people don't know what they want.

We want fun, and we think easier would be great fun.... Until we find out there's no real game if it's easy. We want a challenge, but we also want 100% success rate.....

Basically if people want something then people also need to be prepared for the worst case scenario, not just the ideal scenario

Of course age probably dictates a lot in terms of what someone considers fun or how the game "should" be played

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm sure a lot of effort was put into the ghost stories for this event, but on mobile I only got to read disjointed alternate segments which made very little sense :-(
I first encountered this issue during the pirate quest, but maybe it's been going for a long time with the standard story quests and it's just less obvious when you miss out on bits of the story.

On mobile, you get given a chunk of story at the start of a quest, and then the follow-up to it once you achieve the goal, but only IF you go back and click on the text icon again BEFORE you collect the quest reward. Unfortunately my engrained reaction is to collect the reward when it pops up, which means the display skips straight to the next sentence but one.

Would it not be possible to display the 'text reward' either automatically once the quest is complete, or else when you click to collect the item(s)? Expecting the user to hunt it out manually just isn't working.

DeletedUser111359

I'm sure a lot of effort was put into the ghost stories for this event, but on mobile I only got to read disjointed alternate segments which made very little sense :-(
I first encountered this issue during the pirate quest, but maybe it's been going for a long time with the standard story quests and it's just less obvious when you miss out on bits of the story.

On mobile, you get given a chunk of story at the start of a quest, and then the follow-up to it once you achieve the goal, but only IF you go back and click on the text icon again BEFORE you collect the quest reward. Unfortunately my engrained reaction is to collect the reward when it pops up, which means the display skips straight to the next sentence but one.

Would it not be possible to display the 'text reward' either automatically once the quest is complete, or else when you click to collect the item(s)? Expecting the user to hunt it out manually just isn't working.

You stop to read the "flavor text"? I can't think of any good reason to waste time doing that.

DeletedUser111359

I can't physically pass #49 "Till Death Do Us Part". I am not a fighter in the game, but I will when necessary. I decided to take the negotiations throughout the event as that was more my play style. However, having to now finish the first difficulty is impossible for me as I do not, nor will I have the diamonds or resources necessary to complete. I would do the fighting, BUT I cannot win 5 battles in a row when the NPC's have power and defense boosts twice what I have. I really think that NPC's should have 0% boosts, enough players have ridiculous boosts, there's no need for the NPC's to also have them, let the mild pacifists have a chance (it's especially difficult for those JUST reaching a new age before the event starts).

I have prided myself on successfully completing all events, it is rather disappointing that suddenly, after years of playing, that I will not be able to complete this event. For someone that has played for several years and is basically waiting for content soon after the last batch is released, this is an absurd statement to have to make.

If you're not consistently finishing FAR more than GE1 every week, you're failing both yourself and your guild.

DeletedUser99588

I can't physically pass #49 "Till Death Do Us Part". I am not a fighter in the game, but I will when necessary. I decided to take the negotiations throughout the event as that was more my play style. However, having to now finish the first difficulty is impossible for me as I do not, nor will I have the diamonds or resources necessary to complete. I would do the fighting, BUT I cannot win 5 battles in a row when the NPC's have power and defense boosts twice what I have. I really think that NPC's should have 0% boosts, enough players have ridiculous boosts, there's no need for the NPC's to also have them, let the mild pacifists have a chance (it's especially difficult for those JUST reaching a new age before the event starts).

As the saying goes, pride before a fall.

DeletedUser111866

Mostly the complainers are different between the encounters. Even if you satisfy 99% of ypur playerbase with whatever adjustable parameter, the remaining 1% will complain anyway. So, let them complain, but target to minimize the overall number (or percentage) of complaints.
Whoa. I wasn't expecting that there was a part of the story. Noooo, a big miss by the devs IMHO.

Vesiger

Monarch
You stop to read the "flavor text"? I can't think of any good reason to waste time doing that.
In order to make sense of the story - if they just set random quests in the style of the daily challenges, it wouldn't greatly worry me. But discovering that I've missed the punchline of a spooky tale does!