• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween 2018

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
I disagree, I have no free space and completed event just fine. For quests like build goods building just delete existing one u have and buid it anew. Or any building for that matter. Ofc it will set u back a bit since it will cost u time a resorces but it is really really minor set back.

I d say ood job on this event Inno games.... last time I ve been complaining how u are forcing ppl to progres in eras with events, this time I almost feel like I should apologize :). Or maybe I just found a perfect game where designer actually listen to the comunity more that to their wallets? :D

Anyway giving us options to fight or to negotiate our way ahead and giving another option to acquire sectors or just donate goods is a HUGE PLUS for me. Kudos for that.
And diamonds as a rewards for some of those quests? Thats just cherry on the top.
Well done!
The only two buildings that are good in this event is just the Lab and the Doorway.

Emberguard

Legend
I am a little bit disappointed
57 random rewards
and only once diamonds :mad:
I've lost count the amount of times I've got diamonds from the event so far. I've used some diamonds for the negotiation quests but overall I've still got a net profit from it

The only two buildings that are good in this event is just the Lab and the Doorway.
Depends on the age of your city and the GBs you have available. The Graveyard is of course pointless if you've already got all the happiness you need from GBs. But for players with a happiness imbalance it's useful to use the graveyard instead of a cultural building.

Even in Industrial Age a EMA Old Graveyard has more happiness in a smaller area then any of the cultural buildings up until the last tech you research (excluding diamond buildings) - at which point for the size taken it's about even. If I were to upgrade it with all the kits I have available to a Monumental Graveyard it'll retain its value as is from Industrial Era right up to half way through the Future Era. 7 ages to stay relevant without updating isn't bad at all. By that stage I better have a reno kit handy to make it the same age - and then it'll be giving double what the future era cultural buildings give for a similar amount of space.

So basically the Graveyard is an amazing cultural building - but that's all it is. If you need happiness it's a very efficient way of getting it without using FPs. If you want to utilise the space for more then just happiness then it'd be worth looking at GBs or putting down the graveyard temporarily until a event building comes along that could replace the space it's taking up

DeletedUser115336

Halloween Event was the first event when EN server 'came out of BETA'. I joined in June of that year in East Nag, and got my Graveyard award. In subsequent years, all my cities (A-O) have Graveyards (in various forms) 'on board' , except 3 where I do not yet have the space. When I do, they will take their rightful place.
I look forward to Graveyard awards in cities P & R this year, where they will stay on board until I Forge no more.
. . . mk
Hi, have you finished the Halloween event as it looks like there is only one upgrade for the graveyard and one starter kit. Is this correct

Emberguard

Legend
@Morgan the G8 theres two selection kits. For anyone getting the graveyard for the first time you're right - it works out to one graveyard and one upgrade

For anyone from a previous year it could be 2 upgrades if they have the graveyard for it.

Last year it was one graveyard + two upgrades with the necropolis being introduced

Kedran

Private
Forgive me if this post is not in the correct place as I have not posted in the forum before, at least in my recollection.

Forge of Empires has added a stage in the Halloween quest that forces battle with 12 units by not offering an option, I believe it is #32 "On Death's Door." I have not resorted to battle since the beginning of the many years of my playing this game and I refuse to compromise at this point. I wouldn't even know where to go to do it. I have chosen to end further participation in this quest. My achieving the goals in all of the many quests is one of my favorite activities and game priority which makes this dilemma intolerable. I have dozens of reward buildings in my city and inventory to show for it, including reward buildings in this quest. I have supported this game from the beginning as I want to encourage game makers to keep making fine games but I will not support being forced to drastically changing my playing style. Extreme or even childish you may say? Perhaps, but in this world climate it is my small protest against the disgraceful and hateful politics of the day. I have enjoyed this game and is a favorite pass time. But I stand against the foul hatred and deliberate violence that is creeping in all around us. Regardless I thank you for these many years of enjoyment I have experienced playing Forge of Empires It is fun and entertaining.

Emberguard

Legend
Quest 34:
  • Librarian: "Recruit 3 units from your age or the previous age" and "Defeat 12 units"
From the Wiki. I'm assuming that's the quest? I assume you've been recruiting for some of the previous quests?

I wouldn't even know where to go to do it.
@Kedran the 12 units can be from anywhere. You could go on the continent map, start a battle, defeat a few units, surrender. Rinse and repeat

If you're in a guild and haven't yet done Guild Expedition - do that. First few encounters are dead easy. If you've been doing GE with negotiations then you should already have some unattached units you can use

I have not resorted to battle since the beginning of the many years of my playing this game and I refuse to compromise at this point. [...] but I will not support being forced to drastically changing my playing style.
What age are you in? How far on the continent map are you? You say it's drastic but 12 units is only 1.5 battles worth of units and it's possible you won't even have to change anything in your city to accomplice it.

DeletedUser99588

Quest 34:
  • Librarian: "Recruit 3 units from your age or the previous age" and "Defeat 12 units"
From the Wiki. I'm assuming that's the quest? I assume you've been recruiting for some of the previous quests?

@Kedran the 12 units can be from anywhere. You could go on the continent map, start a battle, defeat a few units, surrender. Rinse and repeat

If you're in a guild and haven't yet done Guild Expedition - do that. First few encounters are dead easy. If you've been doing GE with negotiations then you should already have some unattached units you can use

What age are you in? How far on the continent map are you? You say it's drastic but 12 units is only 1.5 battles worth of units and it's possible you won't even have to change anything in your city to accomplice it.

My interpretation of Kedran's post is it is more of a moral decision not to fight rather than not being able to do it. Although, as they haven't fought for so long I'm sure it would be like starting from scratch having to learn what to do.

DeletedUser96901

there is also no alternative option to the produce x times 4 or 8 hours or even worse the each production time once

I decided years ago that I don't want to do such productions

how about in the next event
do 12 times 8 hours or spend 96 FP into GB

Agent327

Overlord
My interpretation of Kedran's post is it is more of a moral decision not to fight rather than not being able to do it. Although, as they haven't fought for so long I'm sure it would be like starting from scratch having to learn what to do.

That moral decission holds no ground. You can not go past the tutorial without fighting, so if fighting is a problem that is the moment to stop.

DeletedUser

I fail to see why having to fight is a showstopper.
Surely something to respect though.
Much can be solved with fighting the GE or siege an abandoned sector on GvG.
But as @Emberguard said fighting a neighbor is not equal to plundering them and, if that has your interest even, they’ll understand this most likely as they have these quests too.

If you still fear to attack a neighbor you can send a mail first that you are to attack him/ her but that it is quest related.
I feel that is way too much information but if it feels better why not.

On the side note I feel plundering keeps the game healthy and is therefore a necessity.
It makes sure people remain actively involved with their game and is a motivation to pick up their productions in time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

That moral decission holds no ground. You can not go past the tutorial without fighting, so if fighting is a problem that is the moment to stop.

Totally agree but then I'm of the opinion players should get involved in all aspects of the game.

DeletedUser99588

Not sure what the moral decision on that is coming from exactly as using fighting units is not the same as plundering. But oh well

Some people in life are pacifists, apparently even where pixels are concerned. Why choose a game that has a significant fighting element to it I don't know but I wouldn't want the developers to pander to either side of the fence. A good mix of fighting and non fighting quests makes for a good balance imo.

Emberguard

Legend
yeah and the event itself is optional. Surprised this problem took so long to arise given the game hinges so much on fighting if you want a efficient way of going through the continent and guild expedition. Like negotiation is a option in those areas sure, but it'd be quite costly. And ignoring any one aspect in the game usually comes with a difficulty that others would never experience. Like how i had to re-balance my town because I ran out of supplies and coins in Colonial Age but goods were never a problem - part of which was caused by lack of happiness. And in another town I had a supply problem that came from a happiness problem until I put in the lighthouse which was enough to even it out until the happiness was sorted.

DeletedUser111359

yeah and the event itself is optional. Surprised this problem took so long to arise given the game hinges so much on fighting if you want a efficient way of going through the continent and guild expedition. Like negotiation is a option in those areas sure, but it'd be quite costly. And ignoring any one aspect in the game usually comes with a difficulty that others would never experience. Like how i had to re-balance my town because I ran out of supplies and coins in Colonial Age but goods were never a problem - part of which was caused by lack of happiness. And in another town I had a supply problem that came from a happiness problem until I put in the lighthouse which was enough to even it out until the happiness was sorted.

The game doesn't hinge so much on fighting at all. On En5 I've been playing for 6+ years, and haven't fought in at least 3 now. On all my other worlds, my "battles won" count is in the single digits.

It's just a surprise after years of them providing an alternative to people.

DeletedUser111359

Except not producing any troops means I can keep my whole city on single lane roads too, which is pretty efficient. And goods production has never been an issue at all for me, thanks to TS and TF's mostly. DT is a big help in that regard too.

My oldest cities on En5 and En12 actually have empty space that I can't think of anything good to use it for right now. I've used every expansion I could afford, up to 1k diamonds, and just haven't put the space into use for anything.

Emberguard

Legend
Ah, haven't got to double lane roads yet. Maybe that would change things. Will have to find out once I get there. It's progressive era onwards right?

DeletedUser

The double lane roads go for industry, miltairy buildings as well as most houses and productions.
Increasingly so the higher we get in erawise.