• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween 2018

DeletedUser4727

Boo!

This thread is for discussing our spooky event, Halloween! Check out the gruesome details on our announcement thread. If you have any questions or feedback, drop it below!

Richard & Team

dimondus

Captain
Time to upgrade my graveyard... wait, does anyone even build that building in their city? I guess only for a Halloween, happiness in later ages is a non-issue.

Emberguard

Legend
I've got one in my Industrial city. Can't remember what age I was when I first built it. EMA maybe? Been saving the upgrade for it for when I really, really need happiness. But now that I have the Hagia and the Frauenkirche of Dresden I don't know if I ever will need it as is. Soon I'll have the access to the Alcatraz.

In any case, it was a life saver at the time of receiving it, but like you said it's more of an issue for younger cities (or cities that don't use many GBs)

dimondus

Captain
I've got one in my Industrial city. Can't remember what age I was when I first built it. EMA maybe? Been saving the upgrade for it for when I really, really need happiness. But now that I have the Hagia and the Frauenkirche of Dresden I don't know if I ever will need it as is. Soon I'll have the access to the Alcatraz.

In any case, it was a life saver at the time of receiving it, but like you said it's more of an issue for younger cities (or cities that don't use many GBs)
I needed extra happiness up to HMA after that Hagia and other events buildings solve the problem. One of my cities is in IndA and I have zero happiness buildings and around 3k extra.
Happiness buildings eat up polishing that could go to boost special buildings and also coins and supplies production.

Emberguard

Legend
@Dimondus looking at my Industrial city looks like the graveyard is my only pure happiness building at the moment. The public baths are there to boost my supplies, the winners plaza is providing attack and the winter buildings boost coins/attack and allow my other winter building to give more goods. All other happiness is currently coming from GBs. My guess is if someone has pure happiness buildings in a middle to late age city then they either are really attached to those particular buildings, or they have been avoiding happiness GBs for whatever reason

DeletedUser113901

Colony? Cool! So no need to derail your economy for blacksmiths?
But what happens to the doorway after the event?

DeletedUser111866

I guess the doorway will just stay closed, and provide 3FP per day if motivated.

Owww... maybe make some higher boost if black tower is also built? I liked that thing.

DeletedUser105522

i think it would be a nice idea to make those Halloween themed buildings to compliment each other when next to each other (sort of like sets) and bring some extra bonuses.. otherwise they are not worth putting in cities after some GBs are high enough to negate those bonuses... its a pity because Halloween buildings are actually pretty with well made art... unless Inno gives us unlimited supply of victory (medal) expansions to place them , they will collect the inventory dust forever :(

DeletedUser

Nice!
I love the Halloween theme.
The dark doorway looks stunning and has nice specifics.

DeletedUser101106

Had hoped for another upgrade for my monumental graveyard. Oh well. Maybe next Halloween!!!

DeletedUser106696

A high end graveyard is the quickest and most convenient way to deal with all the "gain umpteen happiness quests" ...
Simply build and put back in storage, on the really outrageous quests repeat.
With store buildings regularly available from GE and Dailies these quests now take 20 s.

Emberguard

Legend
With store buildings regularly available from GE and Dailies these quests now take 20 s.
Now that you mention it.... That is a pretty good idea. Been wondering if I'll ever get round to using the 28 store buildings on Noarsil. For that matter wouldn't even need to use the graveyard specifically. Any event building that has happiness would do the trick.

Hey I wonder if storing the dark tower would count as gaining happiness? Or if wouldn't recognise it?

Gunwale

Private
I guess the doorway will just stay closed, and provide 3FP per day if motivated.
Owww... maybe make some higher boost if black tower is also built? I liked that thing.
just started playing during Halloween last year & not able to get the black tower, thought i'd get it this year but it seems this building has been replaced by a doorway that has no goods offered... LOL!