• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween 2018

DeletedUser6065

Time to upgrade my graveyard... wait, does anyone even build that building in their city? I guess only for a Halloween, happiness in later ages is a non-issue.
Halloween Event was the first event when EN server 'came out of BETA'. I joined in June of that year in East Nag, and got my Graveyard award. In subsequent years, all my cities (A-O) have Graveyards (in various forms) 'on board' , except 3 where I do not yet have the space. When I do, they will take their rightful place.
I look forward to Graveyard awards in cities P & R this year, where they will stay on board until I Forge no more.
. . . mk

DeletedUser6065

Now that you mention it.... That is a pretty good idea. Been wondering if I'll ever get round to using the 28 store buildings on Noarsil. For that matter wouldn't even need to use the graveyard specifically. Any event building that has happiness would do the trick.

Hey I wonder if storing the dark tower would count as gaining happiness? Or if wouldn't recognise it?
I believe that in past years, deleting buildings was not recognized as 'gaining happiness'. This was discussed in a very ancient forum.
. . . mk

Boorg

Captain
I believe that in past years, deleting buildings was not recognized as 'gaining happiness'. This was discussed in a very ancient forum.
. . . mk

If one deletes or stores buildings which provide happiness and rebuild them it will not count as “Gained Happiness”. The “Gained Happiness” has to be an addition to the present City Happiness, meaning if one has 1,000 Happiness and the Quest requests to gain 100 Happiness the City Happiness must reach 1,100 to complete the Quest.

Boorg

Captain
just started playing during Halloween last year & not able to get the black tower, thought i'd get it this year but it seems this building has been replaced by a doorway that has no goods offered... LOL!

Yes the “Dark Doorway” which is 3 by 3 and which only produces Forge Points when motivated in addition to the basic Coins seems to have replaced “The Black Tower” but whilst the Doorway is open it may provide other resources and/or items.

Also this year the “Mad Scientist’s Lab” which was initially introduced in 2015 Halloween Event has been reintroduced. The Lab is 4 by 4 and is a Special Production Building which can also produce Forge Points and I believe it is a very popular building.

The advantage of “The Black Tower” is that when motivated it also produces Goods, Medals and Forge Points but it is 4 by 5 therefore one needs to evaluate their particular needs and that “The Black Tower” is not available this year.

DeletedUser113901

If one deletes or stores buildings which provide happiness and rebuild them it will not count as “Gained Happiness”. The “Gained Happiness” has to be an addition to the present City Happiness, meaning if one has 1,000 Happiness and the Quest requests to gain 100 Happiness the City Happiness must reach 1,100 to complete the Quest.
False: happiness building has to not be built when you receive the quests to count. You can complete the quests by building and selling trees, just like you can do the pop quest by building and updating stilt houses and huts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boorg

Captain
False: happiness building has to not be buolt when you receive the quests to count. You can complete the quests by building and selling trees, just like you can do the pop quest by building and updating stilt houses and huts.

The question is if one can remove an already built happiness building and rebuild it and not how one can gain happiness.

. . . mk

In the end one can’t decrease the happiness and increase it again to the same level it was before, one always needs to increase the present happiness by the requested amount.

The “Gained Happiness” has to be an addition to the present City Happiness, meaning if one has 1,000 Happiness and the Quest requests to gain 100 Happiness the City Happiness must reach 1,100 to complete the Quest.

DeletedUser113901

A bug over years? I don't think I'd get the same bug for 3 years and be the only one.

Boorg

Captain
A bug over years? I don't think I'd get the same bug for 3 years and be the only one.

Can’t answer you there as I never had same experience, as far as I know one needs to increase the amount of happiness requested.

Gunwale

Private
Yes the “Dark Doorway” which is 3 by 3 and which only produces Forge Points when motivated in addition to the basic Coins seems to have replaced “The Black Tower” but whilst the Doorway is open it may provide other resources and/or items.
Also this year the “Mad Scientist’s Lab” which was initially introduced in 2015 Halloween Event has been reintroduced. The Lab is 4 by 4 and is a Special Production Building which can also produce Forge Points and I believe it is a very popular building.
The advantage of “The Black Tower” is that when motivated it also produces Goods, Medals and Forge Points but it is 4 by 5 therefore one needs to evaluate their particular needs and that “The Black Tower” is not available this year.
Hopefully it'll return next time, wish to collect it if not populated in the city... hehe...

DeletedUser114257

Guessing must be starting a little later than usual, I was expecting to see it about an hour ago.

DeletedUser111428

In the past, I have seen this kind of Event starting at 10 AM UK Time (where Season Event, such as 2018 Spring/Summer Events, started @ 8h30 AM UK Time)...we shall see! :)

DeletedUser99588

Again you don't need to reach 1100. Reaching 1025 and falling back down to 1000 four times is enough.

You can only fall down to 1000 once without building more happiness items to do it again. If you build more happiness items you are adding to the happiness counter which is why you eventually reach the goal. You can just build and delete the same deco to reach the target if resources are tight.

DeletedUser14881

Does anyone at Inno — or in contact with them — have or is able to provide one of those pictures with a beige background showing what would be the disposition of all Halloween buildings -IF- the were a set? Since we (still) can't flip buildings, I can't see how the Dark Doorway and the Necropolis fit along with Dark Tower, at least not in a way they would make sense.

DeletedUser6065

Aw Jeez . . . can we put this to bed? This answer is [maybe] partially correct.
If you delete a residential building which will 'increase happiness' due to not having a residential unit, it is not recognized.
If you have 1,000 happiness in your city, you can add/delete trees all day long, and each tree will add to 'happiness gained'. At the end of the quest, you still have 1,000 happiness, yet you have 'gained' 100 happiness 18 points at a time by building each tree. Check the bar below the quest. It advances, does not retreat. IF however, the quest says 'Have 1100 happiness', then ya gotta keep the stuff on board for it to count. If you build a tree and get 18 happiness, you will get +18 on the bar. Delete the tree, and you get -18 on the bar. You're gonna need the full 1100 happiness.
Try it. Add tree - delete tree. Repeat. No need to delete/add happiness buildings. Clear out a road tile and have at it.
. . . . mk
**Obelisks are also fun, but then your city ends up looking like Schlongville.**