• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GVG

DeletedUser19452

Can we have fighting in GvG all the time, instead of having to wait till reset, which some of us cannot do, lets say your sector is only protected for 4 hours instead of 24 hours, this will promote more fighting, instead of waiting till 8pm when everyone is waiting for someone to attack them, fighting is supposed to be a surprize when you attack.

Shad23

Emperor
lol i don't wait for calc to end i att when guilds are asleep lol you can att when you want you just need trusted rights and a few warriors up at same time you want to hit
to funny your question DwL
+ you need to have enough troops to take sector and place def on sector befor calc

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
@peacemaker42 the reasons you can't attack

> protected sector (either yours or theirs)
> location of your HQ

The entire reason protected sectors can't be attacked is otherwise guilds could potentially take a sector and then never gain any benefit from it

Your protected hexes can't then attack because otherwise the strongest guilds could smash through a map unhindered in a single day with no possible way to be stopped

These measures are in place for your protection. Short of the game calculating your guild power every second there needs to be some way of working out the gain to the guild from GvG without it being abused or allowing one guild to have an overwhelming advantage that prevents anyone else from getting any benefit from it

DeletedUser19452

Once guilds takes sectors around you ,you cannot fight that day, unless you go on at reset, which i and many more cannot do,so hows that fair,.

To go through the whole gvg will cost the guild a lot of points and troops, but you will be able to attack them as well, no guild as enough troops and goods to fill defence and fight 24/7

Also you could keep move your HQ once in 24 hours, so that solves the problem of guilds moving through the whole age.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

Once guilds takes sectors around you ,you cannot fight that day, unless you go on at reset, which i and many more cannot do,so hows that fair,.

Fair point but if you have played the game long enough you'll remember when they changed reset to 10am. Lots of toys out of the pram when that happened. Developers are between a rock and hard place where reset is concerned.

To go through the whole gvg will cost the guild a lot of points and troops, but you will be able to attack them as well, no guild as enough troops and goods to fill defence and fight 24/7

What makes you think a guild would fill defence or even keep sectors if faced with only 4hrs protection.

Also you could keep move your HQ once in 24 hours, so that solves the problem of guilds moving through the whole age.

So your losing the 24hr protection but keeping the HQ one move in 24hrs. So guilds will just keep retaking the same sectors every 4 hours because they can't move.

DeletedUser19452

But how many guilds can produce enough goods to retake sectors every 4hours

DeletedUser99588

But how many guilds can produce enough goods to retake sectors every 4hours

Lots of guilds can and will just abuse it for points. Look I know it might offend you but to be honest the whole idea hasn't been thought through that well. Unlike some I'm not against changes being made to reset but any changes made need to be well thought through to ensure what we end up with is better than the status quo. The developers have made numerous changes to GvG over the years because of the incessant whinging of players screaming its not fair for whatever reason. In the main those changes led to the stagnation of maps and coupled with the introduction of the App a disinterest in GvG.

My personal belief is that GvG needs a complete overhaul. Minor tweaks here and there is not enough and changes need to be made so App users can get involved in some way. At the moment all they can do is donate goods which soon becomes a chore as there isn't a worthwhile reward for it. The rewards that come with each guild level are pitiful in comparison to what can now be achieved through GE and the various fp providing building.

DeletedUser19452

About time you opened up AA map in GVG as its controlled by 1 guild, not enough landing spots.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Some players do fight GvG all day.

The main use of the AA map is to farm battles to increase your personal ranking score.

There are a number of players who organise battles to and fro between them and a player from another guild, taking all but the last army then allowing the other player to refill the sector for you before starting again, while you refill your sector for him/her. In this way you never need to place a siege army, so the cost is negligible.

This goes on all day - I know because I was in one of the guilds involved.

In last week's SAAB tournament, one of my ex-guildmates had already fought nearly 3,000 battles by the end of Monday!

Inno have tried to fix this before with a 4 hour turnaround, but players will always find ways around it.

I would like to see personal ranking points removed/reduced from GvG, but I doubt it will ever happen.