• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Viability

FreshDan

Private
Hi all,

Looking for some general advice on whether or not (or if not now, when) GvG would be viable/worthwhile attempting for me.

My current stats: Iron Age, 18% Attack Boost/20% Defence Boost for Attacking Army, Attached Units: 8xBallista, 8xArcher, 4x Soldier/Legionnaire/Mounted Warrior. Unattached: 11xBallista, 1xColor Guard, 2xChampion, 1xMilitary Drummer, 4xMounted Warrior, 10xSoldier, 14xLegionnaire, 8xArcher.

I'm more of a negotiator than a fighter, with ~100 of each good or more (both Bronze and Iron Age goods).

I know most people don't recommend doing GvG until you have Zeus (I'm @L4)/CdM/CoA (don't have CdM/CoA yet) levelled and Traz with Rogues (I have a Hideout in Inventory)...I just want a general idea of when it would be viable to attempt GvG without losing too many troops and/or Goods (and thus not being able to effectively do GE/Battlegrounds).

Whoops I forgot to mention I am a Solo Guild...

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Ask your Guild. It is Guild vs Guild. They can tell you when they appreciate your contribution and when not.

averagetitan

Private
I don't recommend attempting GvG until you've rounded up a couple hundred rogues (assuming you're deploying sieges) as it can really take a toll on your units. Even so, IA map is not worth spending goods on. You're much better off using the units in battlegrounds.

Last edited:
GvG is a big black hole that rapidly sucks in troops and guild goods and all you get back from it are some rather useless ranking points.

FreshDan

Private
I don't recommend attempting GvG until you've rounded up a couple hundred rogues (assuming you're deploying sieges) as it can really take a toll on your units. Even so, IA map is not worth spending goods on. You're much better off using the units in battlegrounds.
Sorry Rogue but are you talking about Battlegrounds? I'm talking about GvG Map. Interesting what you say about B'Grounds though - I actually find it much easier to negotiate than fight as you get 2 advancements (compared to 1 fighting) and the attrition is easier to cope with via negotiation

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Yes, does sound like Rogue is referring to GbG.
However, for GvG, there is really no reason for you to do it, other than personal want. There are no rewards/prizes, other than a little bit of guild prestige, and as a solo guild, you would be complete small fry, that the prestige is basically worthless. It would be much better for you (as well as your guild) to do GE as far as you can (do combat first, then negotiations when you can no longer fight), and once you are able to successfully do level 2 GE, then look at doing GbG - which for you will just be personal rewards and the guild reward at the end of the event. GvG, really, there is no incentive, no value and huge loss of troops, since that is the currency to use there - you do not win any, you only spend it.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Hi all,

Looking for some general advice on whether or not (or if not now, when) GvG would be viable/worthwhile attempting for me.

My current stats: Iron Age, 18% Attack Boost/20% Defence Boost for Attacking Army, Attached Units: 8xBallista, 8xArcher, 4x Soldier/Legionnaire/Mounted Warrior. Unattached: 11xBallista, 1xColor Guard, 2xChampion, 1xMilitary Drummer, 4xMounted Warrior, 10xSoldier, 14xLegionnaire, 8xArcher.

I'm more of a negotiator than a fighter, with ~100 of each good or more (both Bronze and Iron Age goods).

I know most people don't recommend doing GvG until you have Zeus (I'm @L4)/CdM/CoA (don't have CdM/CoA yet) levelled and Traz with Rogues (I have a Hideout in Inventory)...I just want a general idea of when it would be viable to attempt GvG without losing too many troops and/or Goods (and thus not being able to effectively do GE/Battlegrounds).

Whoops I forgot to mention I am a Solo Guild...
Hi FreshDan, you will lose a lot units because of your low attack bonus, work on your Attacking Army Bonus Gb’s and also your Alcatraz Gb then you can decide if the gains are worth the loses

I neglected to mention that I am a solo guild
Join a bigger guild with experienced players. They can help you in all sorts of ways. Most of this game is about working with other players.
GvG and GBG are guild activities, not really meant for solo players.

FreshDan

Private
Yes, does sound like Rogue is referring to GbG.
However, for GvG, there is really no reason for you to do it, other than personal want. There are no rewards/prizes, other than a little bit of guild prestige, and as a solo guild, you would be complete small fry, that the prestige is basically worthless. It would be much better for you (as well as your guild) to do GE as far as you can (do combat first, then negotiations when you can no longer fight), and once you are able to successfully do level 2 GE, then look at doing GbG - which for you will just be personal rewards and the guild reward at the end of the event. GvG, really, there is no incentive, no value and huge loss of troops, since that is the currency to use there - you do not win any, you only spend it.
Thanks a bunch, Paladiac, for your reply - you answered my question perfectly! I am only interested in Guild Power at this stage, and I have already won the Copper League BGrounds (wasn't too hard - didn't have much competition!). So I am gathering that the best way to build Guild Power (to level and get the bonuses) would be to just keep doing as much GE as possible and as much BGrounds as I can afford (i.e. units and goods). Do you agree?

FreshDan

Private
Join a bigger guild with experienced players. They can help you in all sorts of ways. Most of this game is about working with other players.
Thanks for your reply klods. I just wanted to try being a solo guild (never done it before and I have played the game on and off over a few years). While I'm not working at the moment, I will be soon, and I won't have a lot of time to play. So the less I need to do in the game the better so I don't stress about missing out on too much and still have a life 8-) also I think (from my experience so far) doing the lower leagues of BGrounds in a solo guild is actually quite viable (at this point no-one on my world seem to be interested).

Thanks a bunch, Paladiac, for your reply - you answered my question perfectly! I am only interested in Guild Power at this stage, and I have already won the Copper League BGrounds (wasn't too hard - didn't have much competition!). So I am gathering that the best way to build Guild Power (to level and get the bonuses) would be to just keep doing as much GE as possible and as much BGrounds as I can afford (i.e. units and goods). Do you agree?
Any good reason you want to play solo in your own one-player guild and build guild power from scratch rather than joining an established guild where you can benefit from the guild power (level) they already have and from the teamwork with other guild mates?

Any good reason you want to play solo in your own one-player guild and build guild power from scratch rather than joining an established guild where you can benefit from the guild power (level) they already have and from the teamwork with other guild mates?
Ok, you answered my question while I was posting :-)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Hello Dan. Yes, I would agree with your assessment. I would also suggest that the priority on your GBs is to get your combat stats as high as possible (Zues, COA, CDM, TA) so you can do more. Once you can start doing successful GE4 purely by combat, you can save your goods for negotiations (or whatever else you want, such as more GbG negotiations once attrition is too high to do further combat). You will get more Guild Power by ranking yourself higher at the end of each GE/GbG - so the more you can do, the better. As well, GE4 is quite rich in acquiring diamonds, and the more GbG you do, the more FPs you should be obtaining as well (which can of course be used to further upgrade your GBs) - it's a good cycle - as you get stronger, you earn more that you can use to invest and get even stronger.

FreshDan

Private
Hello Dan. Yes, I would agree with your assessment. I would also suggest that the priority on your GBs is to get your combat stats as high as possible (Zues, COA, CDM, TA) so you can do more. Once you can start doing successful GE4 purely by combat, you can save your goods for negotiations (or whatever else you want, such as more GbG negotiations once attrition is too high to do further combat). You will get more Guild Power by ranking yourself higher at the end of each GE/GbG - so the more you can do, the better. As well, GE4 is quite rich in acquiring diamonds, and the more GbG you do, the more FPs you should be obtaining as well (which can of course be used to further upgrade your GBs) - it's a good cycle - as you get stronger, you earn more that you can use to invest and get even stronger.
Thanks Paladiac - great advice! ::)

Shad23

Emperor
Depends on how high lvl your gb's are my next goals after i'v finished lvling my att gb's to acceptable lvls will be to lvl my plundering gb's then lvl my goods gbs once my goods gb's will be high enough lvl i'll consider doing 2 or 3 things
Option 1: start myself a new guild where i'll play solo and use my contacts to fill treasury and go burzurk ( hit on everyone except 2 or 3 guilds ) on all maps of gvg and gbg
Option 2 : keep my guild but kick everyone out so i have a good treasury to start hitting on everyone
Option 3 : stay in my guild keep all members and stop camping in futur era