• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GVG tactics that break the spirit of the rules

r21r

Major-General
i do play GvG, it is actually 1 of the features i enjoy most in the game (considering GbG has adopted a playstyle i am not anymore interested into)
and i believe that blocking landing zones isn't that much abusive or annoying, in the end, who has the most and better fighters (in speed etc) will pass through..
on the other hand, if LZ's ain't get blocked, then, someone must be there 24/7 to monitor, while the attacker, can sleep, wake up, drink his coffee, then try attack.. Success ? Cool - Fail ? well, lets go do our shopping, we try again later , and so on.

i also believe it is a shame that GvG didn't got an update, especially with the rediculus low HQ defence bonuses considering it was developed before the 1000%s and 2000%s attack/defence boosts, even before Orangery comes out, which works impo broken in CE, ignoring Tanks' Reactive Armor, with the result double or even single shoting them :-(

Just because you don’t see concern in regards to exploits doesn’t mean there’s no concern.
as a player, i feel the same like kool on this.
as a proffesional player i'm sure there is no concern. when the security access is on purpose low, someone is keeping the doors open for his reasons.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
...if LZ's ain't get blocked, then, someone must be there 24/7 to monitor, while the attacker, can sleep, wake up, drink his coffee, then try attack.. Success ? Cool - Fail ? well, lets go do our shopping, we try again later , and so on.

i also believe it is a shame that GvG didn't got an update, especially with the rediculus low HQ defence bonuses considering it was developed before the 1000%s and 2000%s attack/defence boosts, even before Orangery comes out, which works impo broken in CE, ignoring Tanks' Reactive Armor, with the result double or even single shoting them :-(

as a player, i feel the same like kool on this.
as a proffesional player i'm sure there is no concern. when the security access is on purpose low, someone is keeping the doors open for his reasons.

1) yeah that's the point of LZ, you have to watch 24/7 or Re-shield them every day, BUT no one has to watch those at all or spend to shield them every day when they are all greyed out. Free rent. Exploit. Of course it has spread to other servers: nothing exploitable stays unexploited for long.

2) definitely a shame the attack/defense boosts are completely out of balance for GvG, 75% defense for an HQ is an absolute joke now that people have 500%-1000% and up, when that number was originally set it mattered a lot because max attack boost in the game was 100-150%. Fighting an HQ actually offered a challenge back then.

I applaud everyone who tried to bring this issue to the fore again. I think there are simple fixes like simply keep all beach/landing zones open whether or not anything within 2 sectors of them is owned. There hasn't been a new map in years, the whole "it's not explored yet" idea does not apply at all now.

The defense bonus on gvg sectors and guild support pool needed an update for years too - everything could be set to the same defense % as Guild Expeditions level 3 are for each age. Funny GE % difficulty has been rebalanced about 3 times, but no one's touched GvG for rebalancing.

Whether Inno wants to make any updates to GvG or not, it's still a far more competitive and fun feature than Battlegrounds will ever be - and whatever 5% of the player base it is, it's the original player base from before the mobile app existed and includes a whole lot of the guild leaders and founders. Which I suspect is why it's only "abandoned" by the developers and not "deleted" (even if my original forums account that posted the nice screen shot in 2019 is.)