• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GVG tactics that break the spirit of the rules

DeletedUser104851

As for the Bots issue. Theyvebeen complaining about those for years and the Mods have looked to see whether we are using any programmes and we are not. We justhappen to have lots of us with Pro Gaming computers and diamond cable internet so we are faster than most players. Or are they going to complain we cant use better spec computers and internet than them. Maybe we should only be allowed to fight AFTER they have. Its ridiculous coming on here to moan to the world when we have broken no rules and we are just playing the game smart.

Agent327

Overlord
As for the Bots issue. Theyvebeen complaining about those for years and the Mods have looked to see whether we are using any programmes and we are not. We justhappen to have lots of us with Pro Gaming computers and diamond cable internet so we are faster than most players. Or are they going to complain we cant use better spec computers and internet than them. Maybe we should only be allowed to fight AFTER they have. Its ridiculous coming on here to moan to the world when we have broken no rules and we are just playing the game smart.

It is no more ridiculous than you feeling the need to defend yourself. In fact you are both moaning.

DeletedUser

merc 1796 and his Guild have proved themselves better Fighters, better Tacticians and better Strategists and they should be applauded for handing you your backsides in a basket. Ahahaha, merc, I hope you give them Hell.
Napoleon, perhaps you might be better off asking Inno to add Elba to the World Map.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So yet again, just because a guild has the brains and tactical know how and the ability to implement a plan to protect their hard earned sectors someone cries cheat. Well sorry buck up and get smarter and break it.

DeletedUser103845

I think this is a better screenshot of the original issue, one guild controls 3/4s of the AA map and blocks the rest from anyone else. Just have a dozen people online to shield 8 sectors at reset every day so no one else can land. It's been like that about a month now since the original post.

If that's the intent of the original game design, it's a bad one. What's to stop guilds from doing that and locking everyone out of all maps? I know I was able to land on "grayed" out LZs before in Industrial map 2 years ago, I guess it just happened to be the map starting point? one of the open beaches that actually stays open even if sectors next to it are not owned? Landing zones should have to be defended - not taken out of play entirely.

AllAgesBlocked.jpg

Emberguard

Legend
Thank you @Ariana Erosaire for the screenshot. Having a visual makes it so much easier to see what you're saying

Ok so if the sand tiles are the landing zones, do you have any suggestions as to how to resolve the problem?

I'm thinking maybe one of two solutions:
(1) once a area of land has been uncovered that would be a landing zone it can never be greyed out

(2) allow guilds to fight a sea tile to get a landing zone tile uncovered within X tiles of those on the map

Agent327

Overlord
Thank you @Ariana Erosaire for the screenshot. Having a visual makes it so much easier to see what you're saying

Ok so if the sand tiles are the landing zones, do you have any suggestions as to how to resolve the problem?

I'm thinking maybe one of two solutions:
(1) once a area of land has been uncovered that would be a landing zone it can never be greyed out

(2) allow guilds to fight a sea tile to get a landing zone tile uncovered within X tiles of those on the map

Much easier. There are two types of LZ's. One you can block, the other not. Make them all the type you can not block.

DeletedUser653

Why do we have to change the rules to make it an easier game to play for some guilds. Its a very good solution to a problem for a top guild and executed very well. 4 Sectors to RR daily, friendly guild on LZ adding full 8 hard armies giving the guild time to RR with no real risk if no one has taken them by reset.
Really INTELLIGENT solution and I can see this happening on more worlds.
If you want to attack them its very simple and stop moaning, theres many options but one is
a) take a LZ next to thier RR sectors before reset and fill it with DA
b) at reset when they release before reset have all your guild trying to add a siege army before reset, sure with 20 players trying one will get a siege in and then you can take the first sector.
Do you try this?

If you do not like this, then become stronger, implement a recruitment plan, merge with 2 other guilds, measure all your players, help build attack GB and traz for them, even do training sessions, mentoring and city design training. If you want to be number 1 in a world theres a hell of a lot of work needed and it takes a lot of dedication and time. so when 1 guild manages it do not try and change the game to make it easier for others to play, thats against INNO rules.

vfrmark

Master Corporal
HRC said:
what if a guild kicks all other guilds off a map and then releases all the LZ's sectors and 1 sector behind it so no guild can land on that age

Not possible. There will always be LZ's.

And a year later its become normal game play in GvG AA map across all servers. Top guild(s) take the east release all sectors around LZ and cannot be attacked via those LZ sectors. LZ do not go away but if its not next to an open sector you cannot land on it. A top guild can reduce need to RR sectors each day down to just 4 or maybe 5, easy to block all other guilds then. So you did not understand the way the game works for sure.

Emberguard

Legend
you did not understand the way the game works for sure.
It reads to me as Agent saying it’s not possible to release all Landing Zones to grey them out because there’ll always be lit up landing zones. He’s correct in that as starting landing zones can’t be greyed out

It has become a flaw or feature (depending on which you want to call it) that’s being used to reduce the amount of land that needs to be defended though. But still can’t block out all landing zones, just reduce to a single front.

BhaaluJi

Corporal
this is a long term issue in gvg and needs to be resolved. allowing anyone to block a landing zone by game design is just not right and is misused (in the name of tactic) by top guilds in most of worlds. those thinking they're stronger, smarter, faster (due to internet, hardware or whatever reason) need not worry i think. they must be able to defend if they're all what they claim to be.
or they're just worried that they won't be able to defend all sides?

Just make the whole map a landing zone - stop fooling around with this dang thing - It's an abuse of every other guild out there - bust up the Monopolies too.
The cost of goods or medals is meaningless to these large monopolized guilds - giant high level arcs are giving these people an endless supply of goods & medals. Open your eyes - and to Heck with any belly-aching that comes from any of them!!!!

The complete Lack of Concern that game developers, owners, managers, and moderators show is an insult to many tens of thousands of us playing this game. The complete and total abuse of All exploits needs to be addressed!

Emberguard

Legend
Just because you don’t see concern in regards to exploits doesn’t mean there’s no concern.

I agree that particular part of GvG would be good to change so landing zones once lit up can’t be greyed out. It’d make sense to me for it to do that so you start, explore and then keep the progress. Problem is GvG as a feature is something that’s been stated to be a finished product that they’re not going to make any more changes to, only thing they’ll do for GvG is bug fixing / maintenance. If it was a much larger playerbase using it then 5% then it may be something they’d revise. But then I suppose it’s a bit of a catch, as you first have to be able to get past the starting area. But in that case you may need to team up with other guilds to get past the big guy?