• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GVG tactics that break the spirit of the rules

They probably think they are so smart, but really all they've done is proven their inability to play fair. If you play on Cigard and have viewed the AA map recently you'll know what Im talking about. According to Inno this is "normal" play and within the rules, well if that is the case the rules need to change.

Over a third of the map has been made un-accessible due to a tactic used by a guild that prevents anyone from landing, even on 'beachheads'. Pretty sad, its the playground equivalent of taking your ball home because you dont like to lose

I hope that enough folks will see this and comment, make suggestions, call out Inno for allowing such a circumstance.

Attachments

• AA+map.JPG
    AA+map.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 124

Emberguard

Legend
Your screenshot would require me to make a few assumptions to get any meaningful context from it. Are all those red hexes shielded or are you saying they're spread out in a single line from one end to the other end?

Who decided what is the spirit of the rule? You?
Im not deciding anything, Im expressing an opinion and am hoping that others will see that these tactics are not what the game designers had in mind. The guild that has blocked 1/3 of the map are using a loophole in the rules. That is a fact, not opinion.

Your screenshot would require me to make a few assumptions to get any meaningful context from it. Are all those red hexes shielded or are you saying they're spread out in a single line from one end to the other end?
Everything that you see shaded in White just next to the All Ages sign, are not accessible. Even though most of them are beachheads, they cannot be attacked. According to Inno this is the applicable rule: "When a NPC (non protected sector) is surrounded by other NPC's it will grey out until an adjacent sector is taken, and then it will become available again." They will never become available because NONE of the sectors can be attacked.

Emberguard

Legend
OK.... so there should be a single line of NPCs next to all the hexes that have been taken. Why can't a guild go through the guilds that are already there to reach that section? Are there no landing zones anywhere on the enemy territory?

OK.... so there should be a single line of NPCs next to all the hexes that have been taken. Why can't a guild go through the guilds that are already there to reach that section? Are there no landing zones anywhere on the enemy territory?
One Guild holds 90% of the territory in the Western part of AA, that is how they were able to NPC everything and the adjacent landing zones. Going through is not possible

Emberguard

Legend
So if I start a world there today, get to smithy and create a guild you're telling me the landing zones won't cover anywhere on that half of the map?

So when did you talk to the gamedesigners and what did they tell you they had in mind?
GvG was set up by the designers to allow guilds to compete for territory on the various maps. One guild has used a loophole in the rules to prevent access to one of those maps by any guild other than themselves. Obvious to most, that this is not what they had in mind. In no suggested I bring the issue here for a discussion, according to them the game designers take note, so if you have an intelligent comment to make, by all means go ahead.

Andrew420

Major
That is correct, not a single landing zone is available on the western part of the map.
Who is telling you this is it another guild or is it your guild that cant access landing zones
According to the screenshot your guild holds 4 sectors on the AA map
Correct me if I am wrong if a guild holds even one sector on map they can only attack adjacent sectors
So if your guild cant attack landing zones it might be because you already have 4 sectors

Who is telling you this is it another guild or is it your guild that cant access landing zones
According to the screenshot your guild holds 4 sectors on the AA map
Correct me if I am wrong if a guild holds even one sector on map they can only attack adjacent sectors
So if your guild cant attack landing zones it might be because you already have 4 sectors
You are right there, when the other guild blocked all that area in the west, we decided to attack in the East. My point is that they shouldn’t be able to block almost a 1/3 of the map for any guild to access.

Shad23

Emperor
So if I start a world there today, get to smithy and create a guild you're telling me the landing zones won't cover anywhere on that half of the map?
yes they should be greyed out cause of a 2 lane of NPC it's a strategy to fight against in -land guilds without being attacked by guilds who don't have sectors on map , but that guild is abusing strategy to make sure they don't get attacked by guilds not on map yet and keeping a big part of the sectors for them selves

DeletedUser116572

Everything that you see shaded in White just next to the All Ages sign, are not accessible. Even though most of them are beachheads, they cannot be attacked. According to Inno this is the applicable rule: "When a NPC (non protected sector) is surrounded by other NPC's it will grey out until an adjacent sector is taken, and then it will become available again." They will never become available because NONE of the sectors can be attacked.
so you are saying that Inno specifically created a rule to allow a guild to make sectors unavailable
any smart guild worth its salt would use this rule to their advantage
instead of saying that it goes against the spirit of the game it would appear that the only reason for the rule is specifically to make this situation possible

Agent327

Overlord
GvG was set up by the designers to allow guilds to compete for territory on the various maps. One guild has used a loophole in the rules to prevent access to one of those maps by any guild other than themselves. Obvious to most, that this is not what they had in mind.

What rules? Can you show me those rules?

They do not prevent access to the map. They try to hold on to a [part of the map. If you want that part then fight them!

In no suggested I bring the issue here for a discussion, according to them the game designers take note, so if you have an intelligent comment to make, by all means go ahead.

I seriously doubt Inno suggested to bring the discussion here.

If you want an intelligent comment how about this? How come you know what the developers intention is and yet you do not know they do not read here?

Agent327

Overlord
i think if INNO told OP to post here it's so he can get sugestions from more experienced players on what his guild or other guilds can do to get passed this dificulty wich is implemented in game intentionaly by dev's

Wanna bet he did not talk to Inno at all?