• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG - split sector domination

DeletedUser107432

I would like to propose an idea to lessen the impact of guilds banding together to dominate a GvG map by one guild having sectors split all around the map and protecting all their allied guilds.

My suggestion is that guilds can only fight sieges on other guilds's sectors IF fighting from sectors ATTACHED TO their HQ.
With the current system, the split sector guild can protect a huge area of land from any enemy guilds by fighting the sieges for their allies - the allies circle the split sector, effectively doubling the amount of people watching a sector.

My suggestion would still allow the guild to protect their own sector, or move their HQ to protect their ally.

I think this would allow more movement on the GvG map allowing other guilds to enjoy GvG and stop the stalemate that is GvG at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser104151

this would be a great idea if put into action.
this would stop the boredom on gvg maps there is atm.. there are guilds with sectors that are protected by 1 stray sector from a super guild..
if that 1 stray sector was not connected to their hq and they could not kill sieges against adjacent sectors , then guilds would be able to attack other guilds more freely and the gvg maps would be alive again.
Sure ,the super guild could still kill sieges on their own sector if attacked and it is not connected to hq... just not adjacent sectors..
we need to sort this and save the game from the boredom gvg has turned into..

DeletedUser104881

How would it work then if you were a regular guild and someone plowed through your hard earned sectors and split you up? Effectively you could reduce a guilds sector count by taking the second one in each time in order to create a stray sector.

rjs66

Lieutenant
disconnected sectors already suffer from 0% support pool and more unprotected borders
this would just punish guilds who work to produce the goods and troops necessary to take the sector and defend it in the first place
as well being abused in the way Dudettas mentioned

if you want to take part in GvG then you need the infrastructure to support your ambitions , not artificial props to support low activity in your guild
building the infrastructure builds a good team who are willing to put the work in

DeletedUser16126

+1, it will add more dynamics to GVG and will allow smaller guild to take a decent share more easy.
This kind of proposals are always countered by the argument on how hard the bigger guilds have to fight for those area, which is bullcrap, they take it once and sit for years on the same sectors, while it are the smaller guilds that do currently all the real fighting GvG.

rjs66

Lieutenant
hardly bullcrap - big guilds get big by planning and working hard to get where they are
smaller guilds keep saying change the rules because they don't want to work hard for anything and think it should just be handed to them
guild don't grow by have a smaller number of players who don't want to put the effort in

DeletedUser104151

i think you might have missed something here rjs66 the guild would still be able to protect it's own sectors.. just not able to attack sieges on sectors next to them , owned by other guilds if their hq is not connected to the group of sectors...
what is happening is :- a "big guild" has 1 sector in 6 different areas of a single map , mainly around the cost and a group of more sectors inland.
around each single sector is a guild supporting the "big guild" , we call these supporters minions..
now.. no one can attack the minions because any siege on them will be killed off by the "big guild" because the "big guild " has 1 sector there not connected to their HQ able to fight off any other guilds that also work hard to produce goods and units to attack with.
now then... if the "big guild" could not fight sieges off the minions.. then more guilds could attack the minions and open up the gvg map to the way it was.. fighting everywhere.. yippee...
this idea by the way , has came from a member of a guild that was number 1 for some time and knows all about fighting in gvg.. so please do not say they need props for low activity in their guild.... we want a better and fairer gvg ... do you understand now..?

DeletedUser104151

Hahaha... i have just found out you are indeed a member of this said big guild..and therefore all your comments should be deemed irrelevant as this would be a devastating blow to your minions.. :))
atm the only guilds allowed on the map are your guild and any other guilds allied to you... which is Wrong. GvG should be for everyone. this would effectively take away the shield your guild has formed from guilds of minions.. :))

rjs66

Lieutenant
we have allies , not minions

and we smashed through all those "xxx of the black" guilds and all their allies fair and square,
trying to cripple the game play because you lack the skills and organisation to fight back effectively shows exactly why we beat you in the first place

creating the ability to slice sectors off from the main body and then take them at your leisure because the holder can't fight back is way too easy to abuse , instead of people working for what they've got , you will end up with people doing the bare minimum and expecting to benefit from it
it won't add anything to GvG , it will turn it into a farce by punishing those who worked hard to get where they are

GvG is for everyone, everyone who is willing to fight for it
so stop whining , get organised and fight back on the battlefield

DeletedUser104151

did you not read a single word..????? the guild can still fight off sieges on it's own sectors ... can you read..? i can only see 1 person whining here and it is you.. :)) you are the exact type of person i expect in that guild.... :))

rjs66

Lieutenant
i'm not whining - you are whining about how unfair it suddenly seems to you

so when your guild was number 1 in the rankings it was all fine , you didn't complain about it then

since you were outclassed by better led, better disciplined guilds with a better strategy and tactics , who knocked you off the top spot and kept you off, it is now suddenly necessary to change things ?

no doubt if you spent the goods / medals and troops and all the time and effort to get the sectors you would think it fine for somebody to slice through you and do it to you

you obviously don't have allies , one of the main reasons you fell so far ?

(inno have made it possible to share guild forums between guilds, so they obviously expect guilds to work together, you want to undermine that for your ends)

everybody has the same tools available and the same opportunities , how you use them makes all the difference

trying to change the game because you failed miserably against better led guilds is not the way to go

(and insulting players just shows how low you are prepared to go)

DeletedUser107432

How would it work then if you were a regular guild and someone plowed through your hard earned sectors and split you up? Effectively you could reduce a guilds sector count by taking the second one in each time in order to create a stray sector.
Dudettas - guilds do this all the time anyway to isolate a sector and leave to take at 0% the next day - breaking up a guild's sectors this way is a long established part of GvG :)

rjs66

Lieutenant
so you want to be able to split off the sector - get it to 0% defence - so you can attack the next day, whilst the owner of the sector can't attack you back
the owner of the sector would only be able to defend, whilst you could both attack and defend
basically giving you an unfair advantage

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Never seen such a failed arguement .
Coming from a guild member , who is part of a huge alliance , really is rich .
Avengers have less allies than what you do , Slayers...
Just because you cant organise enough to get the better of us , does not make the current system wrong.

Last edited:

DeletedUser107432

Never seen such a failed arguement .
Coming from a guild member , who is part of a huge alliance , really is rich .
Avengers have less allies than what you do , Slayers...
Just because you cant organise enough to get the better of us , does not make the current system wrong.
No-one likes a whining loser.
I came on the forum to discuss the idea, which I thought was the point of the forum - not to have my idea insulted and be called names. I repeat that the guild WOULD be able to defend their own sector - as I said in the original idea.

DeletedUser107432

so you want to be able to split off the sector - get it to 0% defence - so you can attack the next day, whilst the owner of the sector can't attack you back
the owner of the sector would only be able to defend, whilst you could both attack and defend
basically giving you an unfair advantage
As I said in the original post, you can defend the sector. that is split - the idea is that you can't fight sieges on other guilds next to a split sector. But clearly you won't like the idea as it is your guild's tactics. But you have split sectors all over the place anyway.

rjs66

Lieutenant
wouldn't that include your sector if it was you next to us ?

so the guild that splits the sector off in the first place would be next to us , and when the shield times out at the next calc we wouldn't be able to attack that sector that was taken from us
thus the guild that took the sector next to us would have an unfair advantage in that they could attack our sector and defend theirs whilst being protected from attack back by us

Last edited: