• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG: Set protection instead of "Until timer"

DeletedUser

We all know the game is excruciatingly slow when fighting in GvG after timer. It doesn't take Einstein's IQ or Freud's logic to understand that's because the fighting can resume all at the same time.

Why not simply make it a set number of hours of protection instead of 'Until timer'?

Each sector that is conquered would require to have it's own timer before it can be attacked again, just like when aiding/attacking. Each person has it's own timer.

It could be 24 hour, but I kinda like 23 hours. Why? Cuz 24 hours might make it difficult to guilds to attack/defend when attacked if another guild was able to attack at a bad time for them.

For example, a typical annoying thing in GvG right now is guild defending their section by retaking key sectors, that prevents other guilds to move forward.

If a guild retakes sectors at a bad time for another guild to attack, the 24-hour protection would make this retaking protection even worst.

But, with a 23-hour protection instead, each day the time to attack a sector would go down. Eventually ending up in a bad time for the original guild holding the sector. Hahaha. ;-)

It would add some randomness to the GvG, as fighting would occur throughout the day, it would make GvG activities more fun, more present. After 10-12 days, it would eventually prevent a guild from only using retaking sectors as a defensive strategy, if they cannot have anyone online at a specific time.

And most importantly, it would remove the bottleneck of so many fighting at the same time.

What do you think? Reply +1 if you agree, and if you write -1, I'd like to read why.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19452

We all know the game is excruciatingly slow when fighting in GvG after timer. It doesn't take Einstein's IQ or Freud's logic to understand that's because the fighting can resume all at the same time.

Why not simply make it a set number of hours of protection instead of 'Until timer'?

Each sector that is conquered would require to have it's own timer before it can be attacked again, just like when aiding/attacking. Each person has it's own timer.

It could be 24 hour, but I kinda like 23 hours. Why? Cuz 24 hours might make it difficult to guilds to attack/defend when attacked if another guild was able to attack at a bad time for them.

For example, a typical annoying thing in GvG right now is guild defending their section by retaking key sectors, that prevents other guilds to move forward.

If a guild retakes sectors at a bad time for another guild to attack, the 24-hour protection would make this retaking protection even worst.

But, with a 23-hour protection instead, each day the time to attack a sector would go down. Eventually ending up in a bad time for the original guild holding the sector. Hahaha. ;-)

It would add some randomness to the GvG, as fighting would occur throughout the day, it would make GvG activities more fun, more present. After 10-12 days, it would eventually prevent a guild from only using retaking sectors as a defensive strategy, if they cannot have anyone online at a specific time.

And most importantly, it would remove the bottleneck of so many fighting at the same time.

What do you think? Reply +1 if you agree, and if you write -1, I'd like to read why.

I agree with taking the timer out of GVG, any sector should be able to be taken at anytime of day, instead of being protected for 24 hours, a maximum of 3 hours would be fair enough to get your defences up, after that this sector could be attacked again, making it possible to attack a sector at any time of the day, bearing in mind, we have players from all over the world, in different time zones.

Major Spank

Private
This topic needs more attention I think, 24 hour timer for someone using bots or has very fast line speed and less lag than others has a huge advantage on keeping protection going day after day (especially ghost style guilds), I would like to see the guild has to own a sector for the full 24 hours, not for 23 hours and 58 minutes. This allows abuse and stops other guilds breaking through with pure force and effort

DeletedUser105579

This topic needs more attention I think, 24 hour timer for someone using bots or has very fast line speed and less lag than others has a huge advantage on keeping protection going day after day (especially ghost style guilds), I would like to see the guild has to own a sector for the full 24 hours, not for 23 hours and 58 minutes. This allows abuse and stops other guilds breaking through with pure force and effort

I would rather see a 3-6 hour timer - why? because it is long enough that the defending guild will still be awake, and it is short enough that there is action on the map.