• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG sector fixing

DeletedUser11930

I would like to propose that the freiing of sectors within a map and retaking them after reset to be a breach of rules and punishable as so

1. I find that guilds do this as a way of rigging maps so they cannot be attacked hence therefore ruining the purpose of GvG
2.This is not how the GvG idea was designed to be used
3.I feel that people who do this are the guilds who hop members between multiple guilds IE (ghost guilds) and players who switch members between multiple guilds to attack 1 guild
4.The idea of Guild vs Guild was supposed to be a playing field to test guilds against one another if this carries on how can you play Guild vs Guild when sectors are constantly under protection that border your sectors.
5. I personally view this as a lame way of cheating to secure a guild in a map,if they cannot play fairly then they should not be playing Guild vs Guild
6.If a guild frees a sector they should not be permitted to retake any sectors they have freed on any map for a 24 hr period to prevent map fixing

DeletedUser99363

you are not quick enough to set seige right at reset, i defeat there seige quickly and steal it back, Works fine for me

DeletedUser100832

you are not quick enough to set seige right at reset, i defeat there seige quickly and steal it back, Works fine for me

and then they put a second one. And a third. And so on. And if you have a slower connections... there's sod all you can do.

There should be a 5-minute minimum time-out between granting freedom and sieging that sector. That should solve this.

EDIT: an alternative suggestion is to totally scrap protection of a sector. If you take a sector, 8 default def armies are placed on it automatically, and it can be attacked back at once. At the next timer, the 8 armies disappear and you have to unlock slots and place def armies as you do now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

and then they put a second one. And a third. And so on. And if you have a slower connections... there's sod all you can do.

There should be a 5-minute minimum time-out between granting freedom and sieging that sector. That should solve this.

EDIT: an alternative suggestion is to totally scrap protection of a sector. If you take a sector, 8 default def armies are placed on it automatically, and it can be attacked back at once. At the next timer, the 8 armies disappear and you have to unlock slots and place def armies as you do now.

Would you have to pay the goods for the 8 default defence armies and provide troops prior to attacking to fill the slots if you win?

DeletedUser100832

Would you have to pay the goods for the 8 default defence armies and provide troops prior to attacking to fill the slots if you win?

no, you wouldn't. If you don't pay the goods/place the armies, they just disappear at timer, and you are left with your siege army in def.

DeletedUser99588

no, you wouldn't. If you don't pay the goods/place the armies, they just disappear at timer, and you are left with your siege army in def.

Would there still be restrictions on how many sectors you can move to per reset. At the moment when you win a sector you cannot attack a sector that is only adjacent to that one unless you move HQ to it and currently you can only do that once per reset. If you no longer have the shield does that mean you could keep attacking indefinitely.

DeletedUser2989

Perhaps the discussion of this "alternative" idea belongs in its own idea thread? I can't see it relating to the OP asking for rules to be added rather than changing game mechanics.

Personally I'm -1 on this idea as there are still "game mechanic" options to explore/try and trying to apply such rules as the ones proposed here would be difficult (hard to make fair not to mention hard to apply in grey areas).

DeletedUser99588

You are indeed right Tank.

As far as the OP idea goes it is a -1. Not because I don't agree with their sentiments about those that retake sectors purely for PvP but because it negatively effects genuine GvG tactics.