• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Rules

DeletedUser11930

I thought GvG was a guild event like guild expeditions if so why are there not rules similar to GE in place for example you cannot be part of the rewards bit in GE unless you have a minimum number of players within your guild yet in GvG you allow players to be a single player in a guild and as we call ghost the GvG maps

I suggest that single player guilds should not be allowed to enter GvG maps to take sectors as a one man guild is not a guild its a single player
The definition of a guild is as follows

guild
ɡɪld/
noun
  1. a medieval association of craftsmen or merchants, often having considerable power.
    • an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.
      synonyms: association, society, union, league, alliance, coalition, federation, consortium, syndicate, combine, trust, organization, company, cooperative, partnership, fellowship, club, order, lodge, sisterhood, sorority, brotherhood, fraternity; More

• ECOLOGY
      a group of species that have similar requirements and play a similar role within a community.

DeletedUser110195

If that one player, can outproduce even the bare minimum required for GE championships, never mind guilds of 50+ while those larger guilds are active and trying to do something in GvG, then I'm sorry but your guild just plain sucks.

DeletedUser6974

I thought GvG was a guild event like guild expeditions if so why are there not rules similar to GE in place for example you cannot be part of the rewards bit in GE unless you have a minimum number of players within your guild yet in GvG you allow players to be a single player in a guild and as we call ghost the GvG maps

I suggest that single player guilds should not be allowed to enter GvG maps to take sectors as a one man guild is not a guild its a single player
The definition of a guild is as follows

guild
ɡɪld/
noun
  1. a medieval association of craftsmen or merchants, often having considerable power.
    • an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.
      synonyms: association, society, union, league, alliance, coalition, federation, consortium, syndicate, combine, trust, organization, company, cooperative, partnership, fellowship, club, order, lodge, sisterhood, sorority, brotherhood, fraternity; More

• ECOLOGY
      a group of species that have similar requirements and play a similar role within a community.
you are right Scipio, for GE their rule is in order for a guild to participate they must have at least 3 members, so FOE's definition of a guild in GE is 3 members but their definition of a "guild" in GvG is 1 member, makes no sense at all. Why do they feel its important in GE but not GvG?
maybe FOE can explain that, but i doubt they can ... lol